Mount&Blade Expansion > A Shield Lying On The Water

General and Download Info

(1/4) > >>

ex_ottoyuhr:
As it currently stands, A Shield Lying on the Water implements a "strategic war" system, with towns tracking economic development, purchasing parties, and being vulnerable to hostile nations' (or the player's) efforts at invasion. This is intended to be the underlying stratum for a role-playing / strategic-war game, vaguely like the Fire Emblem series -- though taking that analogy and running with it will get you going in the wrong direction.

Planned features not too far down the road include a much better siege system, more detailed (and more present) NPCs with a possible "personality" system modelled on... ... Oh, crud, I can't think of anything published that I can cite as a precedent. Well then, it'll be fairly novel -- if it can be implemented in M&B in a practical manner, which could be a big if.

Also intended for the future are ambushes in taverns, town raids (similar to the latest developments in Darkmod), and fewer bugs with invasion forces. :)

Download here, off the Official File Repository.

I'll add changelists here beginning with 0.23, coming soon; in the meantime, see the original thread, here.

scarfacejq:
Silly question:

Other than trying to get prisoners to join me...what can I do with them?  I can't find anywhere to sell them yet.

thanks!

aGorilla:

--- Quote from: scarfacejq on March 15, 2007, 12:18:39 PM ---Silly question:

Other than trying to get prisoners to join me...what can I do with them?  I can't find anywhere to sell them yet.

thanks!

--- End quote ---

You can garison them at towns that you own.  Once your charisma is high enough, you can try to persuade them to join your army.

Tuckles:
heya ex, how goes the new version?

Lol, it's been a long time since I've posted >_>

Ron Losey:

--- Quote from: Tuckles on March 19, 2007, 10:00:46 PM ---heya ex, how goes the new version?

Lol, it's been a long time since I've posted >_>

--- End quote ---

I can help with that question.

A complete rework of the combat model is in motion.  As soon as concept art and modeling are ready, the plan is to convert ASLOW to the "Realistic Combat Model" (RCM).  As for how it's going, we're waiting on the concept art and such ... so it may be a while.

I don't know what else is scheduled to work its way into the next version, but it won't be happening until the aforementioned development is together and playable.

In a word, it's going "slow" ... but that's better than rushing it.  I've been encouraging ex_ottoyuhr to take his time, be careful and do this right.

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version