Author Topic: Looking for help with the Official Player's Guide [Native english speaker]  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
Hey there, well today after redoing some extra icons to the map, finishing the copy pasting code from motomataru and making some double-sided lightsaber anims (cool but in developing) I started to wrote a "Player's Guide" But as I'm not a native english speaker, the text should look lowly-understandable by a normal guy... so now ask for help.

Ideal Writter:

+ In deep SWC player

+ Good english narrator, without spelling mistakes etc...

+ Word 2007 (not required but useful)

+ Shakespeare son... (why not?)  :)

If any of you is interested, PM me. The credits of the document are completely of the creator (honor and glory for you), but I have already a design in mind.
<a href="http://embedit.in/RDazCVkiru.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://embedit.in/RDazCVkiru.swf</a>

The objectives of the Guide are:

- Installation walkthrough

- anti-boring info, illustrative and enjoyable (word plays... etc)

- Basic Starter info

- Gameplay Mechanics

- Min ~8 pags. Max 12

- Other interesting things...

Anyone?  ;)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Thexare

I can't do a whole lot of writing, maybe a basic guide for the first month or so of gameplay (even that would probably be best left to someone else), but I can definitely proofread it when it's done. So whoever does the writing the first time around doesn't have to worry as much about that.

I haven't been able to play SWC very long, though, because I seem to always find another crash bug (haven't played lately though) and because my computer kinda sucks, so I can't really contribute a whole lot of material.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
I can't do a whole lot of writing, maybe a basic guide for the first month or so of gameplay (even that would probably be best left to someone else), but I can definitely proofread it when it's done. So whoever does the writing the first time around doesn't have to worry as much about that.

I haven't been able to play SWC very long, though, because I seem to always find another crash bug (haven't played lately though) and because my computer kinda sucks, so I can't really contribute a whole lot of material.

Ok, that sounds good enough, send me an example page... tomorrow I will reply you...

I've only thinked in a small guide, nothing large... only the basics
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Thexare

Whoops, spent all day playing Space Empires IV. I'm gonna have to work on it while running through the game again, been a while since I played last.

Here's a few basic tips I'd include. I'm putting them here mostly so I remember if/when I write something, but if someone else beats me to it, good. Saves me the effort. :P

1. Always take a loan for 5000 credits at the beginning, and get whatever ship you want that you can afford. The benefit in speed alone is more than worth the extra cost, and the other bonuses are nice too.

2. If your computer is crappy, do everything you can to avoid planetside battles near Yavin and Kashyyyk. Especially Kashyyyk. Even the Kashyyyk Arena may not be worth the effort.

3. If you're facing enemies on speeders, fighting on the ship deprives them of their mobility. However, I don't think you can get any of the speeder bikes from them if you do that.

4. As a member of the Rebel Alliance or Galactic Empire, it is (as far as I know) always safe in the long-term to raid the other side's freighters. They're always at war. So it's not like the reputation penalty is really going to be an issue, they'll always shoot at you no matter what.

5. Jawas and Raiders are easy to beat, but their loot isn't really worth a damn, in quality or credit value. Upgrade to hunting Pirates as soon as you reasonably can.

6. Remember that unlike in Star Wars, blaster bolts are affected by gravity in SWC due to Mount & Blade engine limitations.

7. A good blaster will get you far. Unless you have a lightsaber or a good speeder bike, a blaster is the most reliable weapon you'll have - built for long-range combat and fast enough for near-melee self-defense should something get to you.

Revan Shan

Very good idea this thing of the walkthrough.