Author Topic: ASoIaF porting to WARBAND  (Read 155294 times)

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
Re: ASoIaF porting to WARBAND
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2010, 05:29:19 am »
I would agree with Hurelur. Maybe the Vale should have a diffrent troop tree since they are so cut off from the rest of the Westeros, but Westerlands, Reach, Riverlands and Stormlands should have a similair troop tree.

Alright, I already created a Vale troop tree now (I'll also finish an already existing northern troop tree that I have - just have to do the upgrades manually, the editor still doesn't have that option in .py). You can create a common troop tree for the "european-like" factions  :).

Also, will we be use Mr. Fresh's troop tree for the Dornish, despite it being in txt?

It seems that we might have a semi-functional release by the time winter comes  :D.

PS. Does any of you know how to smooth out the map a bit. Dorne, for example, is very hard to move through.

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2010, 03:00:26 pm »
Here's a more detailed look at the troop tree:

The infantry:

The melee infantry is armed mainly with swords (from arming swords to swords of war), while the ranged infantry is armed with throwing weapons (skirmisher), light crossbows (crossbowman and defender), siege crossbows (sharpshooter), and one handed weapons.

The cavalry (not too many of those :P):

Cavalrymen are armed with crossbows for ranged combat, and lances or swords for melee. The common cavalry has ordinary horses, while the elite cavalry uses chargers).

AndreSo

« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2010, 07:01:02 am »
(copying from the thread on TW).

Hiya guys,

André here who tried to help out earlier by stirring some interest for the mod (not a modder myself). I'll hopefully have more time soon to contribute with whatever doesn't include modding. Like texts, dialouge, genreal ideas etc.

I think The Tower of the Hand could prove an excellent source for information such as character descriptions, family trees, banners etc.

Here are their banners for example: http://www.towerofthehand.com/reference/houses.html

I think they're pretty faithfull to the books. The Stark banner displaying a full, leaping wolf for example, the antlers on the Baratheon one, etc. Love the ones posted above, but suspect most people interested in the mod are nerdy fans who prefer to keep it by the book(s) as much as possible? =)

Next I'm thinking of gathering all the character stats for the most common characters. I think that's important. If I'm at a low level I want to be utterly fucked if facing Jaime or The Mountain, altough they'd be very different in fighting style, and so on.

Edit: Even better compilation of the banners, complete with house mottos, etc: http://www.towerofthehand.com/reference/compendiums/houses_standards.html

Bloodraven

« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2010, 10:47:29 am »
I came across a serious issue. I used Morgh`s tools to make the Stormlands troop tree. But the game crashes everytime I try to see what I made in-game. So I cant screw with the python cuz the game simply crashes! :S

EDIT:: I just saw that we mean to make the common troop tree. Should I try doing that still?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:49:06 am by Bloodraven »

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »
I came across a serious issue. I used Morgh`s tools to make the Stormlands troop tree. But the game crashes everytime I try to see what I made in-game. So I cant screw with the python cuz the game simply crashes! :S

EDIT:: I just saw that we mean to make the common troop tree. Should I try doing that still?

How exactly does the game crash? I have had some experience with crashing, might be able to help you out :)

You may do the common troop tree or the Stormland troop tree, whichever you prefer.

Did you use the build_module.bat, and did you se the path for it before that. More importantly did any errors show up when you activated the .bat file?

Bloodraven

« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2010, 12:42:29 pm »
no, I didn`t use the build_module.bat...what is it? where do I find it?

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2010, 12:50:26 pm »
no, I didn`t use the build_module.bat...what is it? where do I find it?

It's in the module system folder :)

When you edit a .py file, you don't affect the game directly. You just tell the module system what to copy over when you use the build_module.bat

This - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html - explains the basics of working with .py files, which is all you need to know when editing troops with an editor :)

Bloodraven

« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2010, 11:09:29 am »
Unfortunatly, I cant work on this mod. In the following weeks I have a lot of exams and I simply dont have the time to try screwing with the python. Im really sorry but unless you try to finish the mod AFTER New Year I cant help you :(    sorry

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2010, 12:29:47 pm »
Unfortunatly, I cant work on this mod. In the following weeks I have a lot of exams and I simply dont have the time to try screwing with the python. Im really sorry but unless you try to finish the mod AFTER New Year I cant help you :(    sorry

No problem :)

I was hoping for a beta release when winter comes, but even after that's out, we still have lots of work to do until the full module is done.

Good luck with your exams :D

Bloodraven

« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2010, 12:37:23 pm »
Well then, if you need help with the alpha just say it :)

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2011, 10:55:18 am »
Just posting here to inform anyone that might be reading this that the mod is NOT DEAD, we have only stopped using this thread so often, and started using the one on the TW forums instead (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=112095.new#new).

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:23:13 pm by Comrade Tito »

Hodor

« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »
Thx.

I have idea for the starting class:

Noble: son of exiled lord, knight equipement and 1 squire as compagnions
Leader of mercenary compagny: good equipement, start with 2 compagnions and 10/20mercenary
Merchant :1 compagnons, good money.
Escaped Slave: just a staff and some fruits

What do u think about that?
sounds great!
a second son of an impoverished house for the Nobles would also make sense as all inherited lands go to the eldest in westeros and it seems in my mind that it is the seconds sons who must strike out on their own and pursue their own glories, whereas while the crimes of the father are not the sons we all know that most of the lords of Westeros would see it differently.

Defector of 1 of the free companies (windblown, Second Sons, Golden company?) with unique weapons and armour styles for each along with 10-20 of your brothers/sisters in arms might make the mercenary class delve a little further into the world of a.s.o.i.a.f.

Most merchants would have at least 5-6 sellswords to guard their goods while traveling, the kingsroad isnt that safe

the slave will be a challenging one!how do you get from slavers bay/yunkai/meereen/astapor/volantis to Westeros though? and are you a castrated Unsullied or a laborer or trained in the 7 sighs :P??

hope this is any use to you and great job on the mod so far!
and a belated congratulations on your wedding :D

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25:33 pm »
Thx.

I have idea for the starting class:

Noble: son of exiled lord, knight equipement and 1 squire as compagnions
Leader of mercenary compagny: good equipement, start with 2 compagnions and 10/20mercenary
Merchant :1 compagnons, good money.
Escaped Slave: just a staff and some fruits

What do u think about that?
sounds great!
a second son of an impoverished house for the Nobles would also make sense as all inherited lands go to the eldest in westeros and it seems in my mind that it is the seconds sons who must strike out on their own and pursue their own glories, whereas while the crimes of the father are not the sons we all know that most of the lords of Westeros would see it differently.

Defector of 1 of the free companies (windblown, Second Sons, Golden company?) with unique weapons and armour styles for each along with 10-20 of your brothers/sisters in arms might make the mercenary class delve a little further into the world of a.s.o.i.a.f.

Most merchants would have at least 5-6 sellswords to guard their goods while traveling, the kingsroad isnt that safe

the slave will be a challenging one!how do you get from slavers bay/yunkai/meereen/astapor/volantis to Westeros though? and are you a castrated Unsullied or a laborer or trained in the 7 sighs :P??

hope this is any use to you and great job on the mod so far!
and a belated congratulations on your wedding :D

Being the son of a Westerosi noble is not doable, I'm afraid, because then you'd need to have a your own house, a family, acquaintances amongst the nobles... etc. etc.

Being a defector from one of the free companies is a good idea, but definitely with less companions (maybe one or two comrades in desertion), and branching out the slave origin is nice too. I wonder how a lord would react if his lands were taken over by a eunuch :P

But we should focus now mainly on making it playable, and in later versions we might add some of these features to improve the feel.

Hodor

« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2011, 11:21:10 am »
fair enough, but if your the son of an exiled lord will you be able to reclaim your familys seat at some later stage of gameplay if you so choose? and whichever one of the faction leaders exiled your noble father should bear some mistrust to you, i know its important to first get the scripting and textures and scenes and all that done for now but westeros isnt a forgive and forget kind of place and it would be awesome if your choices in the beginning have a significant impact on the gameplay (i.e how npcs react and everything) although will that flood of data make the game unreasonably large?

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2011, 11:42:27 am »
fair enough, but if your the son of an exiled lord will you be able to reclaim your familys seat at some later stage of gameplay if you so choose? and whichever one of the faction leaders exiled your noble father should bear some mistrust to you, i know its important to first get the scripting and textures and scenes and all that done for now but westeros isnt a forgive and forget kind of place and it would be awesome if your choices in the beginning have a significant impact on the gameplay (i.e how npcs react and everything) although will that flood of data make the game unreasonably large?

The latest version for .903 did it nicely... You could choose that you are Ironborn, and Ironborn raiding parties would not attack you, and you started out with superior equipment, but all the factions were hostile towards you... I think the main choice in this version would be westerosi/foreigner and noble/commoner.