login

Author Topic: ASoIaF porting to WARBAND  (Read 155287 times)

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
Re: ASoIaF porting to WARBAND
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2010, 09:08:32 am »
When you right-click an object in scene-building mode, you have, on your left, three fields that say "Scale" and that are set to 1.00000. These three represent the height, weight, and length, in order to make something smaller, you'd put all the fields to 0. 85 for example. That's how I made the Rock's keep a lot bigger than the normal one, by setting it to 3.0000

BEUSE

« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2010, 11:30:42 am »
Niiiiiiice  :green: i was so much onto objects and stuff i didn't even noticed this. Also i tried to have fun with weather but i'll keep it really gentle i think. Thanks for this tip i'll try this with the door, and it's gonna be useful for cities like King's landing (which i'd like to make after finishing this one).

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2010, 12:22:58 pm »
Do you, by chance, know the entry point number for the prison guard?

BEUSE

« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:44 pm »
yep it's entry point 24

Bloodraven

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2010, 07:56:09 am »
Do you need any help with this mod? I dont know practicly nothing about modding but I am willing to learn just to complete this mod as soon as possible :D

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2010, 03:12:43 pm »
Do you need any help with this mod? I dont know practicly nothing about modding but I am willing to learn just to complete this mod as soon as possible :D

Any help is appreciated.

For now, troop trees are what we need the most. You could try with the Stormland troops (heavy armor, 2 handed weapons like morningstars, and  heavy crossbowmen, etc. etc... a mostly defensive troop tree)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0  - here, you can find a troop tree tweaking system which will make it easier for you to mod these things. IMPORTANT NOTE - Download the official modding tools for 1.132 first, install them, and use the Editor to edit the troops.py (python) files, not the .txt files. It's the same, essentialy, but using the txts  might cause trouble further down the road, when we start implementing our own items, and would require a lot of copy-pasting to merge.

Welcome aboard!

Bloodraven

« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2010, 09:07:29 am »
ok i have made a quick sketch for the Stormlands troop tree:

Stormland recruit ->Stormland soldier -> Stormland Man-at-Arms   -> Dismounted Knight of the Stormlands
                                                        -> Stormland Cavalry          ->Squire -> Knight of the Stormlands

->Stormland crosbowman-> Veteran Stormland Crosbowman-> Heavy Stormland Crosbowman

Althrough I think that Dismounted Knights and the Squries should have their own troop tree (maybe they should be recruitable in the castles if its possible):

Squire->Knight of the Stormlands -> Dismounted Knight of the Stormlands
                                                 -> Mounted Knight of the Stormlands           

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:35 pm »
ok i have made a quick sketch for the Stormlands troop tree:

Stormland recruit ->Stormland soldier -> Stormland Man-at-Arms   -> Dismounted Knight of the Stormlands
                                                        -> Stormland Cavalry          ->Squire -> Knight of the Stormlands

->Stormland crosbowman-> Veteran Stormland Crosbowman-> Heavy Stormland Crosbowman

Althrough I think that Dismounted Knights and the Squries should have their own troop tree (maybe they should be recruitable in the castles if its possible):

Squire->Knight of the Stormlands -> Dismounted Knight of the Stormlands
                                                 -> Mounted Knight of the Stormlands           

I think that the squires should go directly to "mounted knights" and "dismounted knights" rather than having a common "knight" between them (because he'd have to be mounted or dismounted too :))
It would be interesting to have squires recruitable at towns or castles (not to often, maybe 1 squire per week, and only in some friendly castles, so not to overdo it with the future knights) and the squire should be a pretty weak unit, with some decent armor, but should the player manage to protect him, he would get to be a capable knight eventually, although it would take a lot of experience-gathering on the squire's side. Also, squires should be unavailable to a player who isn't yet a noble, (because a non-noble can't make a squire into a knight, officially).

If you go for the squire system, then remove the squires and knights completely from the "common" troop tree, and make it go like this(from Man-at-arms onwards):
Stormland Man-at-arms -> Stormland Infantry -> Stormland Sergeant (or something like that, the names don't need to be like this :P)
Stormland Cavalry -> Stormland Heavy Cavalry

I'll go and ask Hurleur about how to pull off the squires being recruited at the castles :)

Also, remember, download the module system for 1.132 first, and use the editor to edit the python files  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:08:43 pm by Comrade Tito »

Offline hurleur

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2010, 09:43:46 am »
Hi ,personally i think that we must do olny 3 troop tree at start.
One for Dorne (Saranid/Desert equiped troop)
One for the North (Vaegir/Cold equpied troop)

And a common troop tree for the other faction.
  but with some special unit for exemple give to the Reach faction better cavalry line etc....

By the book i remember:
Dornish have round shield, and some spearmenand they use guerilla technic (hit and run.)so i think they must have light and fast unit.

Bloodraven

« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2010, 11:50:04 am »
Ok...how do I mod python files again? :D

Offline hurleur

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2010, 12:44:26 pm »
With Morgh's editor.

But if you have another idea of Tree , you can share it. Maybe your idea ware better or maybe we can merge .

Bloodraven

« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2010, 01:03:03 pm »
I like the idea of an common army. Maybe the recruits in the villages should be the same for Vale, Stormland, Reach...but different in the castles (Knights). What do you think?

Offline Comrade Tito

• Craftsman
  • As High as Hodor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2010, 04:18:31 pm »
I like the idea of an common army. Maybe the recruits in the villages should be the same for Vale, Stormland, Reach...but different in the castles (Knights). What do you think?

Each culture should have it's own troop tree, due to the differences amongst them, but some could be "merged" as a temporary solution (we already have the dornish troop tree by Mr. Freshh but we somehow need to put it into Python, Bloodraven could do the Stormlanders, and I'll get to work on the Vale troops this very moment, leaving three regions with very similar troops, the Reach, the Westerlands and the Riverlands for the "merging").

Offline hurleur

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2010, 06:35:15 pm »
What are the speciticity of the Stormland and the Vale culture?? I prefer add them in the common culture. The composition of army are different, but i always think they all have a Western Europe troop tree.
It's like medieval europe. All troop were the same.

Bloodraven

« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2010, 03:01:26 am »
I would agree with Hurelur. Maybe the Vale should have a diffrent troop tree since they are so cut off from the rest of the Westeros, but Westerlands, Reach, Riverlands and Stormlands should have a similair troop tree.