login

Author Topic: Funny video showing why 'Attack of the Clones' is the worst movie ever made...  (Read 15709 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
As some of you may be aware, I'm not a big fan of the prequel star wars movies (Episode 1-3) at all.  This is the main reason why I wanted this mod to be focused on Episode 4-6 range, and not really focus on the clones/battledroids, etc.  I understand a lot of people like those movies, and will admit they are somewhat enjoyable just due to the fact that we get to see some lightsabers and other cool stuff, but there are some big issues.  If you evaluate them as standalone movies, or compare them to the original trilogy, my opinion is they just aren't that good.  I recently found this website and this guy does a great and very funny job pointing out all the problems and issues with the movies.  Sometimes his humor is a little weird or messed up, but I personally found these video's hilarious and very true so I wanted to share.

The Phantom Menance
http://www.blancscreencinema.com/redlettermedia/phantom_menace.html (all videos)
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI (part 1)

Attack of the Clones
http://www.blancscreencinema.com/redlettermedia/clones.html (all videos)
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYAwEUal7M (part 1)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 06:10:54 am by Swyter »

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I find it weird that George Lucas directed both the original and the abysmal trilogies. My entire opinion of the latter bunch is that I wish Uwe Boll had directed them instead. Then they would have at least been entertaining...

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile

These video's actually have some good points and a few brief behind the scenes clips or quotes that give some insight.  Basically, it sounds like with the original movies Lucas may have had some people questioning or challenging him, so at least the story made sense.  But in the later movies he had absolute control and since he was the creator of star wars nobody had the guts to question his vision.  There were some clips at the very end that showed Lucas and others watching the final cut of the movie and you heard George say something like 'maybe I pushed it too far' and one of the guys saying there were too many plot points, etc.  But George basically said its too late now and since they are all interconnected if they remove one it all breaks down, etc.  There was also an old clip of Lucas from the original trilogy saying something like "special effects are just to help tell a story, but without a story special effects are worthless".  Well, I basically felt that the prequels were that, all special effects with no story, so basically worthless.   :(

The Happy Stormtrooper

I find it weird that George Lucas directed both the original and the abysmal trilogies. My entire opinion of the latter bunch is that I wish Uwe Boll had directed them instead. Then they would have at least been entertaining...

Well, Empire and Jedi both benefitted from the fact Lucas didn't direct them. He wrote them, sure, but the reigns were in the hands of Irvin Kerschner and Richard Marquand respectively, and that's why they were such good films. George Lucas was in the chair for the entire fake trilogy.

As for the video link, I'd seen brief bits of these reviews before. I did sit down and watch parts 1 to 5 of the AOTC review earlier, and as much as I dislike the narrator's voice, it's actually a very good critical review of the continuity errors and contradictions that the prequels were absolutely littered with. I especially liked how it made absolutely no sense for Jango Fett to hire that assassin.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile

Yeah, the video do have a good analysis if you can ignore the messed up parts.  ;)   I've been watching one or two randomly over the last few days and he made some really good points.

Offline Daergar

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Spot on so far; only watched the first part regarding the lack of strong (or any) characters. Describe Queen Amidala "...this is funny by the way, I get it..."

zahar

No mater how good was your work done, there is always about 10000000000000000 people who thinks you suck
And this people will always speaks about your bad work but they newer do something their

I think that the 2nd trilogy isn't perfect there something mising in it (something that original trilogy has)
But when I see this... do you know the fat comics book seller from Simpsons :lol: I think he made this movies (such people always know everything beter that eweryone)

P.S. And he is telling me how to speak with girls?... where is different take a slute or listen his adwise... I mean I newer gona listening my girl teling: "yes you write" and thinking adout sex in this time, It just wrong. If you want sex go and take a slute if you want relation then you don't beter listening adwises of this sarcasm guy...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:31:29 am by zahar »

Lux CC-4361

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Anyway.
Yes, the prequels story sucks arse. We've all heard it a million times. I especially hate all the romantic dialogues between Manakin Slywanker and Bangme. *vomitvomit*

But still, there are parts that are cool and awesome, I mean... Sure, the CGI is somewhat annoying and we'd all love it if they did it like in the OT. But let's face it. Clones are uberawesome :P

zahar

Yes the 2nd episode's romantic dialogs is real boring, stupid and not romantic at all
But that guy is telling how to make ewen worst
If it were as he want than 2nd episode's romantic dialog become a copy of that stupid wampire saga (can't remember its name)

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.
Sorry for that :-[

Now I watched most of this videos and I think this guy made wery wery funy films but I'm personaly disagree with his points of wiew
But there is one he write: "George Lukas is first busnesmen 2nd film maker"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:22:59 am by zahar »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile

Yeah, this guy is a little weird, and I don't think the prequel movies are "awful", I just think they are drastically different then the original trilogy.  The original trilogy told a story, made you feel about the characters, goes into the category of a classic movie, etc.  The prequels are just a fun/cool/entertaining movie, but don't really tell a great story and aren't a classic film in my opinion.  Its similar to many other movies or video games, when they toss in a ton of cool stuff so nobody notices the lack of a decent plot or problems with the story.  ;)   They may be fun to watch or play a few times, but its never going to be consider 'great'.  I was just very disapointed in them, because they had the potential to be great, but didn't come anywhere close to achieving it...

Lux CC-4361

I'm done watching too, and I have come to these conclusions.

Although it is true that the prequels lack, and could be much better due to their potential, this guy has zero arguements. I mean, he just rants about how the movies suck without actually saying WHY. And he goes on. And on. And on.
He's just trolling.

Which led me to a simple final sumation.
This is not a rant over the prequels, but infact a parody about trolls flaming them.

The Happy Stormtrooper

Although it is true that the prequels lack, and could be much better due to their potential, this guy has zero arguements. I mean, he just rants about how the movies suck without actually saying WHY. And he goes on. And on. And on.
He's just trolling.

Actually, it's a pretty detailed anaylsis of why they're so fucking awful. He covers the inconsistencies, plot holes, character development, target audience, visual effects, comparisons with the original trilogy, and casting choices in more detail than you're likely to see from any "troll", no matter how hardcore a nerd they might be.

To imply he has no arguments is, ironically, closer to trolling as you'd be ignoring his many valid arguments just so you could label him a troll.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile

yup, I agree with Happy Stormtrooper.   If you can ignore some of the weird parts of the videos, he does an excellent job detailing all the issues better than any other review or posts I have seen before.   I don't think the prequels are awful, but just very disappointing.

Lux CC-4361

I was only talking about the first video, and what I concluded from it. I'll watch more when I actually have the time, I'm sure he'll present me with valid points (since there are many).

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
He raises a ton of (admittedly glaringly obvious) good points. To be honest, despite the boring actors and terrible plot, I probably would have enjoyed the prequels had the not been CGed up the freaking wazoo. I hated the Fellowship of the Ring for same reason (in addition butchering the plot and having only two or three likable actors), and am strongly debate whether the rest of the LotR movies are even worth watching.