Author Topic: BUG Reports  (Read 28911 times)

Offline guspav

• View Profile
Re: BUG Reports
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2007, 08:35:47 AM »
Thanks, Ron, will look into that :)
EDIT: OK I think it's fixed now... in theory..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:11:16 PM by guspav »

Offline Daergar

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2007, 01:34:39 AM »
Also, still playing Tlax, seems to be a promotion bug at one point - Cortez is supposed to promote you (to Elite, I think), it freezes.

I get the same bug with Cortez and promotion when playing as a Spaniard. Don't know if it matters if V's army is defeated or not, had it in two games so far. The latter happened on day 16 after the army was defeated and I *think* it froze in the other game prior to his army being vanquished (read earlier in the thread that not asking for promotion until after defeating V might alleviate the problem).

This is the only "bad" bug I've managed to encounter so far, since I presume it disables Cortez from joining you. Though if I can just pile on quest completions and still get him in the end, that's ok I reckon. *EDIT: Cortez joins just fine, though the dialogue freezes when I ask for a promotion both prior and after him joining the party.

Other small bug, probably mentioned earlier:
The peasant women quest for Cortez: The unmatched_try error as mentioned before, also, the peasant women stay in your party. Completed the quest three times in a row without leaving the room. *EDIT: Short term memory is great... anyway, logically, since it fails the try check, it's not required to have peasant women as captives at all for the quest complete, so, it's a freebie at the moment. I had noticed this weeks ago and forgot to write it down. =)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 02:29:26 AM by Daergar »

Zosete

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2007, 02:40:12 AM »
ran into another problem, that may or may not be connected to the nobleman quest problem.  The nobleman reached his destination while I was resting in a tavern.  I somehow became permanently drunk in the tavern.  Time continued to pass (afternoon, evening etc), but I was unable to do anything but watch time fly by.

Mmm. Mine was similar, but the game remained permanently paused, instead. Restore game solved it (even if you save when it's gtiped and bonkers)

However I failed that quest and my boss won't give me another. Also, Cortez says he gave me one, but isn't listed in the Quests and I don't know what is he talking about.

Maybe this is because both spanish and mexicas are "defeated"? (even when they still have parties in the map)

2 out of 2 games and I can't complete more than a quest before getting into a dead end :(

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
The promotion thing has been solved.. at least in my tlax game it seem to be working fine. I think a trigger was messed up.

The peasant women quest is still failing for some strange reason, apparently my code confuses the m&b engine, but still since that quest is going to disappear in the next version, I won't bother to bughunt it.

It is very strange what you mention about the nobleman since that quest is practically a clone of the vanilla one, I will have to check the code out, but the engine might be responsible as well, we'll see.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:18:37 PM by guspav »

Apollon-04

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2007, 10:48:28 AM »
Well, we've had quite a few problems with that quest. Back when I first started beta-testing, it wouldn't work, remember?

Something about not actually being able to take the nobleman, and have it register as you capturing him when you tried to return him to the king.