login

Author Topic: BUG Reports  (Read 31451 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: BUG Reports
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 04:45:36 AM »
The bullet problem happens because games work on time segments rather than continuous time. I'm guessing M&B does it at your framerate. Essentially, the problem is that if a projectile is going fast enough, it will be on one side of the target at one check and have gone past it by the next one. Here's a diagram:

Real Life Bullet:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------(SPLAT)

Game Bullet:

-             -                    -                -              -  (Missed)  -           -

It can be fixed either by making bullets slower or making their bounding box longer.

Yeah, that was the bulk of the information I found posted on the Brother-Against-Brother mod discussion.  They were pretty sure that speeds under 70 would pretty much insure a hit.

How do you make their "bounding box bigger"?  That's got to be a good trick.

Lord Adler

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »
Ah, I didn't realize you had to completely rework the RCM for every mod you do. No worries, then.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »
I am wondering.. are you people using capped framerates? if not maybe that could be the cause.
If what Pope said about it being framerate dependent is right, too big framerate variations could affect the whole thing.. just a hypothesis of course, but I haven't experimented much phasing myself (have my fps limit set to 60)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 09:36:25 AM »
If that explanation was complete, then LOW framerate would get it.  Of course, using large battle sizes on obsolete computers gets the low framerate.  (I know that all too well.  I've turned down textures as low as I can and still see anything.)  Variations in frame rates, as long as they stayed relatively high, shouldn't matter.

I shouldn't complain - it's a school-provided computer.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »
yay! remember that battle screen after talking to neutrals? well I cracked the little bug and now it's solved.
Armie put a new variable for encounters that should be set after the dialogue (don't know why they don't work like before just like they should) but anyway after every close_window command of those dialogues there's gotta be a (assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1) consequence
I have noticed that this happens in onin no ran as well, so if any of the team members is reading this, here's a little tip ;)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 09:56:13 AM »
yay! remember that battle screen after talking to neutrals? well I cracked the little bug and now it's solved.
Armie put a new variable for encounters that should be set after the dialogue (don't know why they don't work like before just like they should) but anyway after every close_window command of those dialogues there's gotta be a (assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1) consequence
I have noticed that this happens in onin no ran as well, so if any of the team members is reading this, here's a little tip ;)

I sent that to Fujiwara by PM.

Apollon-04

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »
Hey guspav, you know how I  mentioned the stick glitch earlier, but its still happening, I ama tlaxcalan, and I was wearing jaguar armor with atl atl, a spanish sword and on time an obsidian spear. I dont think weapons matter, Ill test out armor now, it might be the jaguar armor.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:26:55 PM by Apollon-04 »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »
yeah, like i said, the jaguar armor tail sometimes does something funny (as if a vertex was unmapped) and it looks quite bizarre, sadly  I don't know how to fix it
it is a good thing that that doesn't happen all the time though, but I think i will try to remake that suit, I hope it won't do the same thing

Apollon-04

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
Guspav I figured out what causes it. It only happens when something is covering the jaguarq tail, like arrows or atl atl, and then the stick appears as one of the vertecies of the tail, or something like that.

Another bug, similiar to one I posted earlier, I told you how the game freezes. I figured out its caused by me capturing a general. Whenever I capture one, the game freezes whenever I try to do something. (go into town, fight, etc.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:30:02 PM by Apollon-04 »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 05:34:22 PM »
really? interesting... I'll test it myself and try to find a way to fix that

Phoenix

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 10:42:52 AM »
today game crashed again when I entered a battle, I play for tlaxcala, battle was against a mexica party. And also Velasquez appeared and wnen I went to Cortez he told me "from now on tlaxcala and spain are allies" lol  :shock: and then Velasquez strated chasing me with his 200 men around the map till I couldn't take it anymore and charged him and he beat me badly considering the fact that my max party size is only 45, myself killed around 20 b*******s before they killed my horse and then killed 6 more before taken prisoner. also in tlaxcala it gave me the mission to bring a firearm(don't remember the name) and a sword and when I went to the lord and told him about I had them it didn't let me go on, seems to be a "broken dialogue" like you said, game is pretty annoying with these bugs and I'll be busy over the next few days considering the fact that tomorrow is my birthday so don't expect feedback for at least 3 days. phoenix out  :green:

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »

ok thanks, I fixed that one about the weapons (I think) :D

45 troops in 15 days? now maybe you should have invested a bit more in leadership and charisma, I have already adjusted troop leadership modifiers to 7 (was 5) and awarded 2 extra charisma points in the beginning maybe i should readjust it to 10 though
hehe

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 05:56:28 AM »
First bug of the new release:

Minor to fix, but a real dandy ... the graphics for "conch shell" and "conch shield" are reversed.

willie_feo

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 10:28:51 AM »
Is this the "wooden stick" problem?  I've outlined them in red. 

I wasn't wearing Jaguar armor.  I think it was the helmet.  I changed to a morion and I haven't noticed it.

I just noticed, it was coming from my jaguar knights' tails, like you said.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:13:23 PM by willie_feo »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
Got another bad one.

Dialog crash when returning to M. with fresh fish.  "About the mission...", "Yes", then freeze.