login

Author Topic: Warband port?  (Read 16896 times)

Buttshark

Warband port?
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
So what is the estimation on the inevitable port to Warband?

Offline Vector

• View Profile
Re: Warband port?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:42:09 AM »
This is still under discussion within the team, we will post up information regarding a warband port at a later date since it's currently too early to tell.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »
unfortunately my computer crashed and the source code for SWC is permanently lost.   I also no longer have any free time to work on this mod so there will be no further updates to SWC or porting to warband.   :(

Revan Shan

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:56:22 AM »
unfortunately my computer crashed and the source code for SWC is permanently lost.   I also no longer have any free time to work on this mod so there will be no further updates to SWC or porting to warband.   :(

What?! You mean no time now... right?

Hey, you almost got me... April Fools Day!!!! Haha. (I am happy again).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:17:02 AM by Revan Shan »

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

:shock: *fibrillating*
________

Bfff :green: Thanks Revan, I didn't know anything about that...  :!: in Spain we have the "Dia de los Santos Inocentes" but is the December 28

BTW: I'll go to do a svn check  :)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:53:33 AM »
Oh great. You ruined it.

Zulgaines

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »

#1 excuse indi devs use to stop working a game they're bored with. XD

Also happy foolday

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
 :lol:

Domenique

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »

this is the only april fool's day joke on the net that actually made me smile :D

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 03:03:31 AM »
HAHAHAHa great
firstly i shit in my pants because too many mods ends like this  :D

rahlzel

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
You got me! My eyes went wide until I looked at the date.

All joking aside, though - a port for Warband would be awesome! Since Warband is so similar, would it take long? What kind of work would be involved?

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »

All joking aside, though - a port for Warband would be awesome! Since Warband is so similar, would it take long? What kind of work would be involved?

It is mostly code and lot of new text and recreate medieval crap to star wars theme take time

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »

I'm fairly sure it's only one or two files that are actually different from the M&B system to the Warband system so in theory it wold be fairly easy how ever very time consuming for us to port.
We are still discussing the concepts of a Warband release, but I'm fairly sure we are all agreed at some point we certainly will plan to release a Warband addition.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »
...Since Warband is so similar, would it take long? What kind of work would be involved?

As I can see in the crude module files (the Module System has not been released yet) porting to Warband will require a complete restructure of the current code, It is more easy and grateful recode SWC again that trying to restore existing code (most part) With a medium porting of the existing code (3-4 months of fast work) the actual new features of the mod will be null and newly created ones will be more interesting and immersive (new WB features etc)

So the code (in case of full agree) will be completely redone, for ease, optimization and new features (including multiplayer ones)... Talking in time ~ 5 - 7 months maybe, but depends mostly in the desire, knowings, and free TIME of the active coding members  :idea:

Ok... I finished... are you happy now?  :)

@Hokie: As the MSys has not been released yet, I'm busy tweaking the new Warband interface, if I'm capable of it, I'll redo all the color scheme, ask me about the finished galaxy map, the new planet icons and the new "improvements"... hopefully you have a great idea of new planet retextures... generic or custom ones
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Revan Shan

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 01:43:31 PM »
...Since Warband is so similar, would it take long? What kind of work would be involved?

As I can see in the crude module files (the Module System has not been released yet) porting to Warband will require a complete restructure of the current code, It is more easy and grateful recode SWC again that trying to restore existing code (most part) With a medium porting of the existing code (3-4 months of fast work) the actual new features of the mod will be null and newly created ones will be more interesting and immersive (new WB features etc)

So the code (in case of full agree) will be completely redone, for ease, optimization and new features (including multiplayer ones)... Talking in time ~ 5 - 7 months maybe, but depends mostly in the desire, knowings, and free TIME of the active coding members  :idea:

Ok... I finished... are you happy now?  :)

@Hokie: As the MSys has not been released yet, I'm busy tweaking the new Warband interface, if I'm capable of it, I'll redo all the color scheme, ask me about the finished galaxy map, the new planet icons and the new "improvements"... hopefully you have a great idea of new planet retextures... generic or custom ones

Hey Swyter. About the interface... Try to keep the blue holographic style if you can.

CT-55607

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
Hey Guys  i  Think They've Released the Module Stuff  , Its version .126 so hurry up b4 they decided to make 1.127

Ezio

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »
It would be class if they ported it too Warband, even i don't have M&B Warband, i only got Original M&B.