login

Author Topic: A few things  (Read 2058 times)

cctchristensen

A few things
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »
I've been playing the mod for a week or so now, it's probably one of the most fun Star Wars games I have ever played. Maybe right behind Empire at War.

Anyway, I just noticed a few things. My game was crashing constantly, and the error messages pointed toward a problem with empty parties. A fix posted on the forum suggested replacing a simple txt file with a slightly modified one and it fixed the problem. So definitely include this in future patches.

As for the game itself, I wanted to suggest a few things regarding balance:

1. The illegal weapons are RIDICULOUS. I have leveled entire 300 man armies single handedly by using the concussion rifle. I noticed the illegal arms merchant sells "Heavy weapons ammo" with 10-12 shots. This should be the only usable ammo in illegal weapons, and they should have to reload after 1-2 shots. 8 rounds in a concussion rifle can kill 100 guys alone... These weapons need work anyway, the flamer and concussion rifle fire a beam in an odd direction, regardless where the player is aiming.

2. Speaking of aiming. Why can't npcs aim? Good lord, you would think everyone was blindfolded in this game. Whatever variable dictates aim in this game needs to be increased by a factor of 10-100.

3. This might be a fundamental part of the game, but why are there still random weapons and armor on planets just like native M&B? Shouldn't Empire planets have empire weapons and armor? And complete sets? I find myself going to the Clone War Era merchant because of consistency on the armor and weapons. Why can't planet merchants be like that?

anyway, I have a million other things but this is a good start. Thanks for listening.

Lux CC-4361

Re: A few things
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »
Why new thread? WHY??? :'( :'(
Post in the suggestions thread.

Thexare

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
1. Yeah, they're supposed to be. That's why no NPCs/generic troops use them by default. That's also why they don't appear in the shops normally.

Although I thought the heavy weapon ammo was required for them. If not, that's a bit of a problem.

2. Check your difficulty settings, look for something about AI. I think that'd affect NPC aim... I suck at the game, so I have them all pretty low.  :(

3. Outside of predefined merchants I don't know that it can be fixed. Maybe a few more of those merchants would be nice, though, say one or two for each faction?

Dapaperboy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
2. Speaking of aiming. Why can't npcs aim? Good lord, you would think everyone was blindfolded in this game. Whatever variable dictates aim in this game needs to be increased by a factor of 10-100.

every npc in the game must have trained at the Imperial Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper_effect#Stormtrooper_Effect

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »
Creating individual threads for suggestions will go unread by our development team, if you wish to submit a suggestion to us then do so in our suggestion thread.