Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 26573 times)

Sunhawken

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 08:52:23 AM »
I am not sure that can be done with the current module system, but I'll look into it

Well how is it done in the arena?

The Xeno

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »
The Arena is hard-coded... Three way combats aren't, and (granted I am not a modder) it seems from what i've read that it would be near-impossible to get around that - just as you couldn't have more than two parties fighting one battle in the early versions of M&B

(Bar perhaps some weird convolution of the noble-man quest...)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:42:51 PM by The Xeno »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2007, 12:44:47 AM »
Don't know if this is a suggestion or a discussion topic, but what does anybody know of the "Huitzauhqui" ...

To get everybody on the right track, those are obsidian-bladed clubs other than axes or Macuahuitl.

If anybody has any good pictures or drawings of them, they would be a good addition.  Particularly a good addition for the non-Mexia tribes, who would be far less likely to use the Macuahuitl.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2007, 08:26:07 AM »
There was a discussion started on the HW thread about enemy morale, that came to an interesting and applicable proposition.  In the gap between battle sequences, when the player is given the option of (attack, order troops to attack, and leave/surrender) ... the enemy force does not have a chance to disengage.

It needs to run a check to see if they attack or retreat (presumably the same one that determines if they attack or run on the map), and another for party speed (again, presumably the same one that determines if the player gets the "leave" option.  If they want to leave and can, it would go straight to the loot screen (maybe a message screen, "The enemy breaks and runs" "continue").  Then, their force (what's left of it) would still be on the map after the battle, like with the "leave" option.

That should be a priority ... every battle should not drag on to the last man standing.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
that sounds good , but is there a way to do that with the current module system?
I think morale and all that is still being worked on and should be definitely an important part of the game (and mod), but it is still not working as it should, of course, workarounds could be possible, but since the next version is presumably  close, I don't see much point in overclocking my brain fro something like that for a while :P

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »
This should be an easy bit of code.  Just the script between battles.  There is already a variable in place to determine which party is faster (it determines if you get the option to leave or surrender).  There is also a variable to estimate strength (how parties on the map decide if they should attack or run).  You just need a check against these two numbers to determine if you get the (attack, order attack, leave/surrender) screen, or if you get a message like "The enemy breaks and runs ... continue) and a cut straight to the loot screen.  Equivalent of you leaving, except that you still get loot.

If you're not following me, I'll put Fujiwara on this one (as soon as he gets back from being off-line for a week) and make sure he knows that a bunch of other mods need that code too.  He likes this kind of stuff.  There is no way I could code something like that myself, just because I don't know Python that well ... but the variables are already in place if you can just get the syntax right.

g0u0e0s0t

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »
@guspav
"yeah, I know shooting indians turns some of you on" NOOOO!!!!

why to murder innocent peoples tribes?!, to "turn on" some dumpshit assholes of the new world order?!

remember that the Indianic tribes show to the world the exotic foodstuffs and not only, that the world didn't even knew and the "civilized" pirates of europe they even murdered them!