login

Author Topic: Progress report thread  (Read 61743 times)

Offline guspav

• View Profile
Re: Progress report thread
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 02:12:08 PM »
ok some more progress, spanish and totonac guards will no longer threaten to kill you :D
all three spanish swords are remade and re skinned, a new flamberge was also made, I'm sure you'll like them, I certainly do
I also got permission from Diabellica, Yoshiboy and Great_Duke to use their gun models (when appropriate)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:22:20 PM by guspav »

Lord Adler

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »
Huzzah! New flamberges for everyone!

If you got the dialogue dead-ends out of the mod, I'm pretty sure it's about ready for release, on top of all the other stuff you fixed. There weren't even all that many dead-ends.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
yeah I think it is, I'll test drive it myself a bit, release it to you, my trusted beta testers, and if there aren't too many holes it'll go public :)

Apollon-04

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »
so the beta testers get it too, will u be e-mailing it, or can you give it to me on AIM, or PM me?

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »
I'll upload it to MBX's ftp like the last time

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 06:20:04 PM »
like someone reported before, the peasant women quest is broken, will try to repair it somehow (the conditions seem fine though)
also after playing for a few hours with the spaniards I came to the conclusion that Panfilo Narvaez's army is much too powerful for day 8 so i am moving it to day 15, I'll make it bigger though, so it will be tougher, but a normal m&b player party is of considerable size by the second week so it shouldn't be as much trouble

EDIT: I think it's repaired.. will have to test it again, but watching the mechanics in the py file it should work just fine now.
I also added a condition so that players only will be able to enter Veracruz if the spanish faction hasn't been defeated, if it has, the city will be deserted and become useless
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:09:49 PM by guspav »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:39 AM »
YAY! 2 new heroes have joined the ranks of NPCs in this mod, you'll be able to recruit one only if you're a native and the other one only if you're mexica.. so to not spoil it for you all, the first one has some rather humorous and interesting dialogues ;) the second still needs a ton of work.
stay tuned
oh btw found a VERY weird bug in a quest and fixed it (logically it didn't need to be fixed, but the m&b engine is acting up again).. oh and arenas will work now, they will like in vanilla though so don't get too excited, you'll find natives clad in chainmails bashing with wooden swords and riding horses.. pretty bizarre :P

Apollon-04

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 09:04:11 PM »
I saw that you added the new swords, but i heard some amaaazing modeller made a new estoc, what about that?  :D :green: :D

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »
haha yeah i'll add that later, still need to uvmap it and fix some stuff about it :)

on a side note, thanks to Ron, and some of the creme de la creme  MBX coders' help I have managed to make merchants to be completely selective about what they sell, that is if you want metal stuff you will HAVE to go to Veracruz, if you want native warsuits and colorful shileds and obsidian, you'll have to go to native towns.. pretty cool, eh?

Apollon-04

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »
That sounds awesome, and I think i know some people who are building other mods that are trying to do that. And since your the first... Guspav has gained 20 Kudos

Wood

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
Fantasy mod for one already has selective merchants, but anyway, good luck with the rest of the mod. It is definitely sounding very interesting!

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »
That sounds awesome, and I think i know some people who are building other mods that are trying to do that. And since your the first... Guspav has gained 20 Kudos

Thank Winter for the selective merchant code.  I posted the question over on the discussion page, and he came through.

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,387.0.html

If anybody else needs that code, it's posted.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 09:15:28 AM »
Well I almost got the code on my own, what really aided me was bryce's help since he noticed I was missing something obvious I wasn't seeing (typical of coding) hehe

Now on progress, here goes:
- nobleman's quest has been corrected
- castles are now attackable
- added dialogue to non functioning governors so they will no longer threaten to kill you :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 11:01:16 AM by guspav »

Apollon-04

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »
Im not sure if this is a good suggestion for this mod, but shouldnt you be able to attack and conquer other towns? I know there are mods that implement this, where you attack and conquer a town, then it becomes part of your armies/ alignment (say mexicas) territory, and the merchants are there, etc. I think that would make sense for defeating other people. Or you could have conquering cities be one of the last quests after you've almost beaten the other people. And then the option to attack a specific town is available.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 03:27:59 PM »
yeah I will add that later it's in my to do  list :D

EDIT:
- fixed broken dialogue when talking to peasant women
- added passage that leads out of Cortes' room
- fixed entry point of Cortes' room (you'll no longer spawn in some random location)
- made new seashell model
- quest items will no longer be sold (theoretically)
- made new bracelet model
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:03:42 PM by guspav »