Author Topic: Progress report thread  (Read 65193 times)

Silver Wolf

Re: Progress report thread
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
Good job... Also I think that you should use the old cloth texture for the handle ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made a new Spanish armor set ...

Helmet is mine and it's made  from scratch...

As for the armor ... I've used some parts (legs and arms) from the other Mesoamerican items (highlander made those armors if I'm right)  and the breastplate is borrowed from Medieval Fantasy mod (it's Chinese and it's open source now) ... But I'll try to find who the original author is
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:31:35 PM by Silver Wolf »

Silver Wolf

« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
I've made a cannon for the Spaniards ...  (2312 triangles)

I've been busy lately so I didn't find any time to rig the armors which I posted before... Some of them are not yet finished but I think that I'll be able to send them to you soon (Before the new year hopefully)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:01:52 PM by Silver Wolf »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2009, 06:00:05 PM »
Um, er ... I really hate to whine, since I haven't been much help to anybody around here in some time ... but...

Is it me, or does that gun look nose-heavy?  I mean, either it needs a longer tongue on the carriage, or the wheels need to be further toward the muzzle ... or maybe both.  As it currently sits, it would tip forward and stick the nose in the dirt.

The gun carriage looks like a modified naval gun, which would likely be correct ... but one place or the other, it's off-balance.  Early guns like this period did not taper as much near the muzzle as would later models, and so the muzzle was nearly as heavy as the base.  The graphic of the gun itself shows this clearly (very nice, in fact).

Should be a two-minute job to move the wheels forward about a foot, and adjust the angle slightly to fit.  Or about the same to add a long tongue to the cart, which would serve the double purpose of making it easier to transport and aim, which is probably more reasonable.

Speaking of field guns, how have the various projects to get such crew-served weapons into the game been going?

Silver Wolf

« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2009, 04:42:15 AM »
I've used this as my reference (MTW 2)  

Speaking of field guns, how have the various projects to get such crew-served weapons into the game been going?

Well it is possible... Check The Death of the Renaissance mod ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45103.0.html ) ...
If it's too much work this cannon can always be used as a scene prop ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : and here is the modified version of the cannon

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:53:58 AM by Silver Wolf »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »
No, I mean grab the freaking wheels and axle, move them a foot or 18 inches toward the muzzle.

Using the Total War series for models is like taking technical specs for weapons off of Bugs Bunny cartoons.

If I get some time, I'll try to find some real pictures of period gun carriages ... but I'm grading tests this week, so no promises.  (This isn't the kind of thing you can find in a two-minute Google search, after all.)

----------------------------------
Edit:

Here's a couple for you.  They show modified naval/fort gun carriages, mostly a little later than the intended period but similar in appearance.  For movement over rough terrain, the front wheels would be replaced with much larger ones, and the rear wheels removed and the carriage lashed to a longer tongue, so it could be towed by horse.  Note the bulk of the gun carriages near the rear, to balance the weight of the gun muzzle.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM65P6_Caones_en_la_entrada_al_Arsenal_Militar_de_Ferrol_Spain
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6RFH_Fort_Ticonderoga_Artillery_Collection_Ticonderoga_NY
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6X1G_Charlotte_Museum_Of_History_Cannon

One of these is 1769 Spanish, the second set are British, from Fort Ticonderoga (Fell to U.S. Colonial army, American Revolution).  However, it seems those are the earliest surviving ones I can find on short notice.  Will look more when I get a LOT of free time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:31:31 PM by Ron Losey »

Kolba

« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2009, 08:28:45 AM »
Good job. I like the models.  :)

mas

« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
cool

Silver Wolf

« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
Thanks guys !

Guspav do you need some tropical food models ? Bananas for example... Or maybe even corn
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:37:56 PM by Silver Wolf »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »
Oh that is a good idea! Bananas and corn! I think there's a maize model already in the 1866 mod, we might as well use that one if they are sharing, if not, we could make our own in any case.

Silver Wolf

« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »
Interesting ... You can find maize model in Mount&Blade\CommonRes\food.brf

EDIT : banana and pumpkin models are finished ... I will send them to you as soon as I can

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:02:43 AM by Silver Wolf »

Scorpion

« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2010, 06:04:39 PM »
Hello guspav, any news about mod? Some people still waiting for new version ;). Greetings

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2010, 12:35:06 PM »
Well the new Warband module system is out and about and I'll definitely take a look at it, but some people are saying this wont' be the final warband version and I don't want to port the mod over to several versions it's just much too stressing and time consuming.

Revan Shan

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2010, 06:46:24 AM »
Well the new Warband module system is out and about and I'll definitely take a look at it, but some people are saying this wont' be the final warband version and I don't want to port the mod over to several versions it's just much too stressing and time consuming.

I really hope this gets ported. If it does I'll for sure make some reskins for the Spanish models.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
You are welcome to do that.
For the time being I am starting to port the mod... which will be more like a full remake, all native shields are done, remade a few weapons and finally built a nice looking cotton armor, all rigged and ready to go (had to do some Frankensteining of the archer vest and the naked models, but I am extremely pleased with the result).
I confess I have been sort of trying to avoid the coding part, since I'll have to clean up sooooo much code from warband to make the mod work as it should; that plus the map isn't very pretty, but it is at least functional.
All in all  now that I have some free time I'll be able to port this thing and (hopefully) won't take too long.
EDIT: hmm, a new WB version is up, I guess I'll have to wait a while for the module system
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:25:23 PM by guspav »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »
2 years later... something is cooking ;)
This time for Warband!