login

Author Topic: Progress report thread  (Read 56383 times)

Offline guspav

• View Profile
Progress report thread
« on: February 01, 2007, 06:34:27 PM »
Is the mod dead or steadily developing? find out here!

Offline guspav

• View Profile
Re: Progress report thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »
the port to 0.808 is almost complete, just need to fix the castle menu (behaving very strangely) and clean up the items list, after that version 0.25 will be playable.
I might release a 0.3 or something instead with some more content.. in any case I hope it doesn't take too long

stay tuned

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:03:52 AM »
all those  :) ;) :green: :D >:( :o :( 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :idea: :-\ :?: :'( >:D :shock: :lol: :!: have been removed from the mod due to popular demand, thanks for participating, fellows :)..  er  I mean *smiles*

emperor77

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »
Smilies are cool in the forum, but not in the mod. :green:

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 05:40:53 PM »
haha yeah, I agree, I guess I had this forum fever when I put them into the mod

Holy crap! the dialogues are all messed up! this will take longer than expected :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:32:06 PM by guspav »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »
YAY! good news! I fixed the city menus.. it appears the town initializing  trigger was guilty for that just need to correctly port the dialogues now

emperor77

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 09:49:48 AM »
 8)

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 02:07:56 AM »
just when i thought I was almost finished I find a big bug in the scripting code :(
apparently the enemy_defeated dialogue starter thnigy isn't working so no generals nor panfilo narvaez can be captured.. oh well i hope armie fixes it some day, if not i guess I'll have to remove their heroic status and turn them into mortals which will make capture very difficult, but at least possible

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 02:15:01 AM »

Don't cancel that.  Even if it holds up the works a bit, that was part of the mod.

You'll figure it out.  You beat the town bug ... it just took a little time.  Plus, if you don't beat it, I think I know of a couple of people who might help ... but they were busy looking over the ONR code at last check, so let's not disturb them until we're sure you can't crack it.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 10:57:40 AM »
hmm ok I'll see if I can find a workaround.. so far all ideas I have had go back to turning them to mortals, but we'll see

EDIT: ok I think I managed a limited workaround, the bug will still be there if you attack parties already engaged in combat, but if you go one on one it should work fine (in theory).... TESTING
EDIT2: YAY! marvelous, groovilous, awesome, brilliant!... ok enough praising myself.. er.. it is working now (not like i would like but it does) :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:03:24 PM by guspav »

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 09:48:37 PM »
Playtesting both with my vanilla based combat model and Ron's combat model I have been having a lot of fun and hunted a few old bugs I didn't see before (all have been crushed btw).
The spanish armor textures' alpha channel was improved so that all straps won't be shining, the burgonet texture has been adjusted and the material has been changed to iron-shader... still has a very shiny look, but at least it doesn't have that unearthly "steel" glow anymore.
I tried to make some new sheaths with my borrowed copy of 3ds max but never managed to do it (had problems with the frames thingy) will try again later though.

I think as of now the conversion is complete, still a little more new content would be cool so you won't be seeing the same old thing when this WIP is released.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:50:43 PM by guspav »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 04:34:03 AM »
Speaking of which, how is the beta testing of the combat model going?  There are some people playing with that, right?

I'm bogged down on doing that model for the Holy War mod right now, so I haven't been putting in the time debugging this one that I probably should.  Therefore, if anybody finds any bugs, be sure to tell us - I probably don't know about them.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »
I'll post my comments about the combat model in that particular thread.
And no I don't know who's playtesting as well, I know Pope is and I have sent a message to v0.25  beta testers, one said he's very busy right now and the other said he isn't interested anymore... maybe Nethros (the newest team member) would like to have a look.
I also told a friend to take a look, but he hasn't yet.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 10:12:30 PM »
Oh well, beta testing may take a while.

I wouldn't be impatient, except come the first of March or so, I have to actually go back to work - which isn't a lot of hours by work standards, but it will somewhat cut into my time to be involved in projects like this.  I was rather hoping that the major time-consuming parts (weapons research and combat model testing) could be done before then, so I could pretty much just fade back into the scenery and let modelers and programmers have it again.

(Schools in China take a long winter break, but it's not forever.)

emperor77

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 07:31:16 AM »
Oh well, beta testing may take a while.

I wouldn't be impatient, except come the first of March or so, I have to actually go back to work - which isn't a lot of hours by work standards, but it will somewhat cut into my time to be involved in projects like this.  I was rather hoping that the major time-consuming parts (weapons research and combat model testing) could be done before then, so I could pretty much just fade back into the scenery and let modelers and programmers have it again.

(Schools in China take a long winter break, but it's not forever.)

You are from China? How long is the winter break? In Estonia it is only 2 weeks.