Author Topic: TLD: Official Porting FAQ  (Read 102423 times)

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Official Porting FAQ
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »
Question:  You guys want to use my "Realistic Combat Model" data?  Do you need my help to do so?
Hey, Ron!
Sure, we would much appreciate your help in RCM-ing TLD! I sent you a PM

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2011, 07:33:17 AM »
Question:  You guys want to use my "Realistic Combat Model" data?  Do you need my help to do so?
Hey, Ron!
Sure, we would much appreciate your help in RCM-ing TLD! I sent you a PM

Will TLD then make RCM optional or will it be compulsary?

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »
Not to put too fine of a point on it, but if we want any kind of game balance at all, it has to go one way or the other.  (And as for the other, I can't imagine a set of stats that would ever balance there anyway ... good luck if you want to try that.  It has combat balance like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.  Have to add a weapon - throwing anvil.)

Seriously, the add-on RCM just brought out all of the balance issues in the last TLD.  The issues were already there, but when players (and horses) were effectively invincible and could roam around whipping about an axe the size of a stop sign, and a mop handle used as a "couched lance" did more damage than sticking a huge axe into their heads, it didn't really matter how the game balanced.  If the AI characters actually had to fight, it was suddenly a whole different show.

The only way to make it optional would be to literally do two complete versions, with all equipment and troop trees optimized for each.  The economy, also, has to be modified.  Not a cool way to start out - talk about creating work.  Anything less would just highlight the train wreck that would follow.  It would detract from the rest of the game, really, in both variants.

And if you're not using RCM numbers, which set of random M&B stats do you prefer?  The Native numbers have varied wildly between versions, and the impact on the game has been substantial (although each time equally absurd, if considered against a realistic expectation of the physics of the situation).  There are not two choices here ... there's a virtually infinite array of random numbers that can be plugged into the formula.  I suggest one set, but if you prefer another, you (or whoever) need to be more specific about which set is being requested.

So I seriously vote against "optional", unless you really mean "two complete versions".  And if that's what you mean, I think you've been smoking something ... what was it, in the books, "pipe-weed"?  (Somehow I don't think Tolkien was talking about tobacco - think he had a different "weed" in mind.)

And that's being realistic.

Offline nonrumpali

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
Question :

Are you aiming for a complete/final/not doing more work-release which will be the full mod with some bugfixes or are you going to keep adding features/stuff in to the mod after you release?

Would it be possible to announce when you guys get in to the realm of alpha/beta testing?

Nice try on trying to get it early.  ;) "Oh, I volunteer for alpha testing!"

romanius24

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »
is there a list of whats finished and what is left to do, like other mods have?
i would like to see how much work is left to be done  :)

and yeah i know its never a good idea to ask for release dates but at least tell me do you plan to release this year...i just want to know i mean ill wait 2 years if it takes that long... :green:
thank you!

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2011, 04:51:31 PM »
.i just want to know i mean ill wait 2 years if it takes that long...

It may take 2 years.
Or not.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:10 AM »
Hey guys. Been a while since I checked back. Was thinking that a watched pot wouldn't boil, so I should ignore you folks a while... but then I realized, you have a bunch of people looking over your shoulders, with or without me.

As a note, I'd be very happy with a RCM-style TLD. OF course, its your call--even if your call was to have a vote for which to go with.

I should really get around to doing more orc voices. I just keep getting the timing wrong (that, or my throat has developed a fear of the microphone.... not impossible).

Cavaron

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
Any news? Screenshots? Anything?

Offline Triglav

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Cavaron

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »
Awesome ;D And maybe ss from gameplay or a world map? ;]

Offline Triglav

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2011, 04:04:43 PM »
You're a propper beggar, eh?  ::)
First you ask for anything, then when you get something, you want more...
-Ancientwanker

Cavaron

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »
I know that i'm a bad person ;p. But no one still waits for TLD now people wait for Blood in the west or age of man. I know that your team doing a great work and i respect that.

knowbuddyuno

« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2011, 07:30:20 AM »
*Raises hand* I for one am still waiting. I haven't even touched M&B in a good long time, but I still check this forum consistently for news on this mod.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »
*Raises hand* I for one am still waiting. I haven't even touched M&B in a good long time, but I still check this forum consistently for news on this mod.
Same here... well, not consistently, I like to vary my check-ups.

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2011, 11:51:22 PM »
The background for the character stats is wonderful. Merlkir, is that your artwork?