login

Author Topic: [SWC] Bug reports for version 0.9  (Read 48596 times)

Lord_Kilwar

Re: SWC: Bug reports for version 0.9
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »
The Mod is a crashing on me in several different ways:

1.  Whenever I try to reach Bothawui (it is under siege), the game goes black, the music repeating and I get an the windows XP box "The program is not responding and must be shut down.  I also get the XP box randomly when I encounter NPCs on the world map.

2. Randomly, while on the world map, the game freezes, though the music keeps playing, and my computer revs up loudly.  After about thrity seconds, I  am able to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and shut down the game through the task manager.  Going back into the game results in it freezing again even after I've had the computer off for a time.

I don't have any of these issues with any other mod.  This is an awesome mod but I am unable to play it because of these problems.

joshlmr

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »

1.  Whenever I try to reach Bothawui (it is under siege), the game goes black, the music repeating and I get an the windows XP box "The program is not responding and must be shut down.  I also get the XP box randomly when I encounter NPCs on the world map.

2. Randomly, while on the world map, the game freezes, though the music keeps playing, and my computer revs up loudly.  After about thrity seconds, I  am able to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and shut down the game through the task manager.  Going back into the game results in it freezing again even after I've had the computer off for a time.

I don't have any of these issues with any other mod.  This is an awesome mod but I am unable to play it because of these problems.

I have noticed this too, it seems that 0.9 was stable for me and I played close to 200 in game days with no issues, but the recent patch seems to have have caused a bug somewhere because now I am getting crashes every few minutes when moving around the map.

Lord_Kilwar

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »

I have noticed this too, it seems that 0.9 was stable for me and I played close to 200 in game days with no issues, but the recent patch seems to have have caused a bug somewhere because now I am getting crashes every few minutes when moving around the map.

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having this problem (though it sucks that there is this bug).  I was beginning to wonder if it was my PC.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 04:01:38 PM »
It could be both yours and his :P

Lord_Kilwar

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
I hope not.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »
I hope not.

Well, looks like I'm repeating the same things for all...  :idea:

> It is a perfomance problem related with your graphic card

For more info about your problem read this thread:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1996.msg49089.html#msg49089

Enjoy the game!
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

joshlmr

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
It could be both yours and his :P

I doubt it is my PC, I have 4 gigs of ram, a new ATI HD 4850 ICE Q4 TURBO 512 MB graphics card, plenty of hd space, updated drivers, and it is only 0.9.1 that it started crashing on, 0.9 ran just fine on ultra high with 100 troop battle limits as do all the other mods I am playing. Interestingly it seems that the crashes are limited to certain areas on the map and if I fly away for a few minutes then come back then it no longer crashes at that spot.

Does anyone have a link to 0.9? I want to switch back till this gets resolved.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:28:48 PM by joshlmr »

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »
I'm having the same problem. I can't get within sight of the place without it crashing.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 04:41:23 AM »
Guys could you post up your Rgl_Log please, it may help us identify the cause of these game breaking bugs and bring out a fix quicker.
Your rgl_log is located in your Mount & Blade directory.

Offline daerdevil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »
I've noticed that during a battle, a good 10-20 percent of the Stormtrooper corpses are still standing in the pose they died in.  Not sure if it's an animation glitch related to the mod or MaB in general (it's been awhile since I've played a Native version).  Not the end of the world but I do feel silly swinging a light saber at a corpse, when the rest of my army is fighting the live ones.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »

we're trying to figure out the cause of the random crashes, but at this point we're not 100% sure what is causing them.  We think it might have to do with the higher-poly map models, so I tried creating a lower-poly map_icons.txt in the post below if people want to try it out and let us know if this helps.

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1996.msg49136.html#msg49136

Lord_Kilwar

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »

1.  Whenever I try to reach Bothawui (it is under siege), the game goes black, the music repeating and I get an the windows XP box "The program is not responding and must be shut down.  I also get the XP box randomly when I encounter NPCs on the world map.

2. Randomly, while on the world map, the game freezes, though the music keeps playing, and my computer revs up loudly.  After about thrity seconds, I  am able to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and shut down the game through the task manager.  Going back into the game results in it freezing again even after I've had the computer off for a time.

I think my main problem was I was rendering it through DirectX 7instend of DirectX 9.  At the very least I was able to reach Bothawui.  I played for about 30 minutes without a crash.  So if you're having any of the problems I reported, check your rendering.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:21:22 AM by Lord_Kilwar »

joshlmr

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »
I may have a temporary solution. Try deleting the options.dat in the file C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mount&Blade

Unfortunately this has to be done each time before you start M&B as it is recreated whenever you change in-game settings or exit the game.

You may have to turn on hidden files in order to access the Application Data folder by selecting Tools, Folder Options, View, and select Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders on the list.

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »

we're trying to figure out the cause of the random crashes, but at this point we're not 100% sure what is causing them.  We think it might have to do with the higher-poly map models, so I tried creating a lower-poly map_icons.txt in the post below if people want to try it out and let us know if this helps.

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1996.msg49136.html#msg49136
It still crashes on me whenever I get close to Bothawui. I tried cheat moving to a different angle, and was able to see the garrison of the planet itself. The crash seems to be caused by the battle occurring next to it, though I can't see the details without it crashing.
(My rgl_log is attached, if it helps.)

Lord_Kilwar

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
Well, the crash on the world map still happens but only about a tenth of the time.  I'll download the lower poly file and try that.  Here is the rgl log.