Author Topic: [SWC] Bug reports for version 0.9  (Read 47275 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Bug reports for version 0.9
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
I've had alook and the scene is self appears correct, how ever the AI are spawning randomly (not at AI points).
Hokie could you look at the scene's code and just check it's correct?
hmm, there may be a problem in the code, I'll send you a PM.

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 02:13:53 PM »
Dont know if its a bug, but when I use a rifle it only does around 20 to 30 damage, but if I use a pistol it does 120 to 300 damage.

Vector Wrote
                                                          down here
"I've never tested it out, but I've heard this is actually a limitation in the native game?   crossbows are limited on the top damage, but bows/firearms are not.  We have crossbows as rifles in this mod so they use 2 hands and firearms as pistols so we can't easily switch them.   I've been meaning to test this out in native to see if its true or see if a mod like 1866 has a similar problem but I haven't had time so far."

Hmmm, thanks for the answer though, Hopefully you can find a fix.

P.S. sorry for the quote marks, couldn't get the quote code working
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:17:12 PM by Fallen Warrior »

Offline daerdevil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
Ah, ye olde transparent hands.  I was wondering what those were about, and that totally makes sense.  I'm enjoying being a droid bounty hunter working for the Hutt Cartel, but dang those steps are murder on my poor robotic feet.  Is the steps/collision detection because I'm a droid (I guess that's the real reason Droids aren't allowed in cantinas)?  I guess I could just start another character and see if it's the same.

Thanks for looking into the Yavin quick battle.  I guess maybe the "Shrine" is the ruins at the top of the hill, and it's the inaccessible Massassi temple in the background that enemies are randomly spawning on.

One last issue, which is probably just related to my ancient rig rather than being a bug, is I'm having intermittent graphical problems.  Occasionally, dialogue, on-screen tags (dismount, talk, etc) and characters' heads are transparent.  I've also had the menu tabs on the map disappear and some screen clutter from planet names that don't update.  My only work around has been to CTRL+ALT+DEL and reenter M&B, hoping that the game doesn't crash from that.  I don't recall having had this issue on previous releases.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »

Well, I can't figure out what is happening with that Yavin IV quick battle.... I assume this is what people are seeing, that a few troops are spawning on top of another temple that you can't get to?  What is weird is I don't think this happened in previous versions?   Anyway, I'm going to play with it a little more, but not sure what is going on right now, the scene and code look ok to me ...

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »
The buggers spawned outside the battle zone, on the temple, and I got some of them, but the rest, at least a dozen of them, went lower into the greenery, so me and my troops were stuck on one side, and them on the other side. I had to let them shoot at me to locate them, and I got most of them before I got bored (I picked up new ammo, so I fired at least 500 shots altogether). This has to get fixed.
Also, not really a bug, but I've noticed, in every single quick battle I had played, I'd been massively outnumbered. Picking out Stormtroopers or Rebels from afar wasn't a problem, but melee with 50 Tuskens proved a tad bit... Challenging.

Trell

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 01:38:12 AM »
Running a a decent gaming rig..
Latest Edition
100 people per battle, good combat, norm to player, norm to allies.
Default Graphic settings

I don't have the ship's name for the time being( Its like a star destroyer, but a lot bigger [50,000 credits]) but when I first bought it, every once in a while when a menu is suppose to come up, it just freezes my computer and I am forced to restart it.

the thermal detetenators(sp) seem to go through the land and does not blow up.

On generic planets, such as Tholatin, I crash during battles on that planet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:53:39 AM by Trell »

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
Same thing with the Star Destroyer for me.

damnimbored25

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
I just realized, that the crouch button doesn't works.

Trell

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »
I am part of the Rebel alliance... After I help anybody in a battle, they tell me that I am "Under arrest." Then the game goes on as normal.

Somebody said something about leaping on stairways in hutt's palace, same thing goes for when you are visiting a lord's planet.

Not sure if this is a glitch but in certain city attacks such as correlia(sp), there are troop that are on top of a building as well as troops on the ground. My men seem to ignore the ground until the top is fully cleared out. This should probably be on the suggestion thread, but this is rather annoying because your men are just getting pulverized from behind and because of this, the top is almost untouchable.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 05:26:14 AM »
I am part of the Rebel alliance... After I help anybody in a battle, they tell me that I am "Under arrest." Then the game goes on as normal.

Somebody said something about leaping on stairways in hutt's palace, same thing goes for when you are visiting a lord's planet.

Not sure if this is a glitch but in certain city attacks such as correlia(sp), there are troop that are on top of a building as well as troops on the ground. My men seem to ignore the ground until the top is fully cleared out. This should probably be on the suggestion thread, but this is rather annoying because your men are just getting pulverized from behind and because of this, the top is almost untouchable.

Alot of the scenes haven't yet been properly worked on and instead have just been given a generic place holder until a proper balanced scene has been created for that location.

joshlmr

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »
1. I have an issue with how my companions upgrade laser rifles, when I tell them to pick new items from the loot just after a battle and if I previously told them to upgrade their laser rifles, they just dump all their rifles in the after battle loot and don't bother to pickup any new ones.

2. There is no option to specify whether a companion should upgrade ammo for pistols or rifles, thus they seem to only upgrade pistol ammo when the option "Upgrade Plasma Gas Cartridges" is selected.

3. On rare occasions when greeting a new companion in a cantina, the companion will display the dialogue options as if they were already part of my party. Saving then reloading seems to fix this and allow me to recruit them.

4. On the map, members of my own faction sometimes say something along the lines "You are traveling in a restricted area, you are under arrest" to which my character responds, "Arrest this!" and the dialogue exist without anything happening, talking to the character a second time seems to initiate the normal dialogue.

5. If a speeder bike takes damage on a village planet it is somehow seen as an attack and the dialogue pops up saying "You are now wanted... blah blah blah..." and then everyone attacks you.

6. Taking a mission from Emperor Palpatine to meet a spy on Dantooine resulted in an error message when I accepted the quest (Sorry I did not record it). When I did get to Dantooine it seems that no one was the spy, I tried all the secret phrases on everyone in the scene. It did not matter if I successfully sneak in or blasted my way in.

7. Lasers act like arrows over long distances and are affected by gravity, not sure if this was intentional but I could not find any info about it on other threads.

8. Newly recruited party members who are supposed to be Jedi or have some force skill according to their dialogue do not have any initial force skill or proficiency.

9. I started my own faction but then had it disbanded when I joined the Empire as a vassal. During the time I had my own faction I recruited two commanders and gave them planets. Once I joined the empire my commanders eventually joined several of the other factions. When I finally got around to leaving the Empire and rebuilding my own faction I thought "How nice those two are still around, I'll give them some territory." expecting to rejoin me. When I did give one of the commanders a territory it automatically switched to the faction he was a part of! So basically I had two commanders I could not get rid of, taking up my commander limit, and remaining my vassals while being part of another faction. Thus causing me to lose any territory I gave them.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
As far as i know, you can take territory from them too.

joshlmr

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
As far as i know, you can take territory from them too.

I tried to take it away but apparently since it was his but controlled by another faction it was no longer technically mine... confusing eh?

Offline daerdevil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »
I had a similar problem with the spy mission.  Boba fett sent me to Byss, and after questioning all of the eight "townsmen" I never found my contact.  I can't recall whether I received any error messages when obtaining said mission.

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
Need help Dl'ing i think its broken because when i try to extract it it says the archive has ran in to an issue or something along those lines.