Author Topic: [SWC] Bug reports for version 0.9  (Read 47154 times)

Thexare

[SWC] Bug reports for version 0.9
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »
An Imperial deathswarm attacked a rebel Patrol Fleet on the map. The 19 troops probably died really fast, as the name of the party disappeared. The troop count stayed hte same, though, so I attempted to engage just to add to the deathswarm. The typical "you have encountered a battle between X and X" message listed a date for the second party (the Rebel one). The game then crashed. I attempted to reload my save, and it crashed immediately.

Unfortunately, the log doesn't have any relevant information except maybe:

Code: [Select]
Loading Music...
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party
 Loading Module...
 Loading item kinds...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:19:36 AM by Swyter »

damnimbored25

Re: Bug report for version 0.9
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
When you press, "R" The game stops. But it doesn't crash, because if you press "R" the game continues.?

Tek9

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
Everybody in the whole game calls me captain and then asks what they could do for me
then
they offer a duel

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »

Thexare - hmm, that sounds weird....The rgl_log gets overwritten each time, so did you check that before or after you tried loading your saved game, since if it was after then any errors would be gone.  Also, does your saved game immediately crash, or after X seconds/minutes of gameplay?  If you can send me a save that stays alive for a few seconds/minute before crashing then I may be able to add some code.  I believe these patrol units are part of the cause of the random crashes, but I've been having a tough time replicating the error or figuring out what is causing it....

damnimbored25 - Does this happen in all scenes or only certain ones?  I was testing out code for having a custom camera location when you pressed the R key, but I believe I disabled that.... Are other people seeing this problem?

Tek9 - Can you give a more specific example of a town I should visit and tehn who I should talk to?

Tek9

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
wierd i played the game again today and it stopped :)
but yesterday i helped the empire and afterwards darthvader was calling me captain !
Edit : started again on Courscant i was walking around the town everybody was calling me captain
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:10:05 PM by Tek9 »

damnimbored25

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
I believe, in all the scenes.

Thexare

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:24:29 PM »

Thexare - hmm, that sounds weird....The rgl_log gets overwritten each time, so did you check that before or after you tried loading your saved game, since if it was after then any errors would be gone.
After.
Also, does your saved game immediately crash, or after X seconds/minutes of gameplay?
As soon as it gets to the map. It'll display the map for a few seconds before going black, but I can't do anything.

braaap

Re: SWC: Bug reports for version 0.9
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »
With lightsaber pike, and probably any weapon that has alternative mode like throwing or shooting position, I can resurrect myself after getting knocked out. Just switch to that weapon and change its mode. My health remains at zero but I can walk around as normal and attack opponents, after a moment they reacquire me and knock me out, I resurrect myself, and repeat until I have 'won' the battle. The number of wounded on the post battle screen shows the number of times I had been knocked out. It also refills ammo, so doing this will provide infinite ammo. If you spam it (in an area that doesn't have that dialogue box show up) you can become a non-target and slowly move to an advantageous position.

All kinds of god-mode stuff can be achieved with these weapons, it's pretty fun.

Couple other things:

Lightsabers and their throwing counterparts are exactly the same but the throwing version costs less money, and the non throwing version doesn't have any power throw requirement to equip it. Might want to just make them separate weapons that don't have alt modes.

T-21 rifle seems way underpriced, I see no reason to even use the other rifles (highest damage and very high accuracy) and this one is actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Mandalorian Beskar boots/helmet also way underpriced, highest armor and also on the cheaper side.

Use an entire battle droids body, including head and limbs, as chest armor, really? Why not split them up like the other droids?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:27:48 PM by braaap »

Offline daerdevil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:28:10 PM »
Forgive me if this has been brought up in previous releases, but when I talk with Jabba the Hutt, and address him as Lady.  Same for Xob.

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
Dont know if its a bug, but when I use a rifle it only does around 20 to 30 damage, but if I use a pistol it does 120 to 300 damage.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
Dont know if its a bug, but when I use a rifle it only does around 20 to 30 damage, but if I use a pistol it does 120 to 300 damage.

By any chance have you put alot of stat points on Pistols? ;)

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »
Rifles and pistols are the same on my stat sheet
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:18:15 PM by Fallen Warrior »

Offline daerdevil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 09:15:47 AM »
-Another problem I'm having is in the Yavin Shrine quick battle.  There's an invisible wall between my troops and the shrine, yet there;'s Rebel troops on top of the shrine that I can't attack.  Not sure if those troops are supposed to be there and the inviso wall is the problem or if the troops are supposed to be on my side of the inviso-wall.

-When equipping the R2 unit, Power droid, and Medical droid armor, I can still see my character's default head.

-Unable to walk up steps in Jabba's, Xob's, and Fett's palaces.  I have to get a running leap to get to the top.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
With lightsaber pike, and probably any weapon that has alternative mode like throwing or shooting position, I can resurrect myself after getting knocked out. Just switch to that weapon and change its mode. My health remains at zero but I can walk around as normal and attack opponents, after a moment they reacquire me and knock me out, I resurrect myself, and repeat until I have 'won' the battle. The number of wounded on the post battle screen shows the number of times I had been knocked out. It also refills ammo, so doing this will provide infinite ammo. If you spam it (in an area that doesn't have that dialogue box show up) you can become a non-target and slowly move to an advantageous position.

All kinds of god-mode stuff can be achieved with these weapons, it's pretty fun.

Couple other things:

Lightsabers and their throwing counterparts are exactly the same but the throwing version costs less money, and the non throwing version doesn't have any power throw requirement to equip it. Might want to just make them separate weapons that don't have alt modes.

T-21 rifle seems way underpriced, I see no reason to even use the other rifles (highest damage and very high accuracy) and this one is actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Mandalorian Beskar boots/helmet also way underpriced, highest armor and also on the cheaper side.

Use an entire battle droids body, including head and limbs, as chest armor, really? Why not split them up like the other droids?

I'll fix the code so you can't use it if you are dead, I did that for the one that gives the popup but not for the other trigger.    In general switching the weapon is a big hack and we have to save all your weapons in a variable, then kill and re-spawn the player, so that is why your health/ammo gets refilled, and other problems.   Its fairly difficult or impossible to fix some of these limitations but the good news is that warband has this ability built-in, so it should work a lot better in the future.

In terms of item prices, in general a lot of the stats and prices were somewhat randomly picked by me or other.  I'll try to tweak a few of them as you suggested, but this may need to be reviewed in more detail at some point (probably along with troop stats as well).   I've wanted to create a program where you could write a formula that would then calculate item prices based on their type, stats, weight, etc, so everything would be in sync and then it would automatically update the module_items.py file, but I haven't had time to try coding something like this.

in terms of battledroids being a single model, this is the way they were originally created and rigged, so we have to use transparent head/hands/feet with them.  If somebody wants to try and separate the model, and then knows how to re-rig it, then I agree that would be better.  But currently I don't believe there is anybody active on the team that could do that.

Forgive me if this has been brought up in previous releases, but when I talk with Jabba the Hutt, and address him as Lady.  Same for Xob.
yeah, this is a limitation of the native game.   I could fix it, but it would require me manually editing every single dialog and game menu in the game.... :(   considering how time consuming and booring that would be, it hasn't been a high priority.

I've never tested it out, but I've heard this is actually a limitation in the native game?   crossbows are limited on the top damage, but bows/firearms are not.  We have crossbows as rifles in this mod so they use 2 hands and firearms as pistols so we can't easily switch them.   I've been meaning to test this out in native to see if its true or see if a mod like 1866 has a similar problem but I haven't had time so far.

-Another problem I'm having is in the Yavin Shrine quick battle.  There's an invisible wall between my troops and the shrine, yet there;'s Rebel troops on top of the shrine that I can't attack.  Not sure if those troops are supposed to be there and the inviso wall is the problem or if the troops are supposed to be on my side of the inviso-wall.

-When equipping the R2 unit, Power droid, and Medical droid armor, I can still see my character's default head.

-Unable to walk up steps in Jabba's, Xob's, and Fett's palaces.  I have to get a running leap to get to the top.

Vector created the Yavin quick battle, so maybe he can look at this.   
For the droids you need to equip transparent head/hands/feet that you can buy at the droid parts merchant at all the shipyards. 
hmm, we could probably fix the walking up steps issue by modifying the model that is used for the collission mesh or maybe shrinking the room a little bit...

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 12:33:19 PM »

Vector created the Yavin quick battle, so maybe he can look at this.   
For the droids you need to equip transparent head/hands/feet that you can buy at the droid parts merchant at all the shipyards. 
hmm, we could probably fix the walking up steps issue by modifying the model that is used for the collission mesh or maybe shrinking the room a little bit...
[/quote]

I've had alook and the scene is self appears correct, how ever the AI are spawning randomly (not at AI points).
Hokie could you look at the scene's code and just check it's correct?