Author Topic: [SWC] Questions & Answers  (Read 40974 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Questions & Answers
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »

Yeah, I originally wanted this mod to contain items from the original trilogy only, but after seeing Barf's clones and battledroids unused for months I finally talked to him and added them in.  I tried to make them optional so players can choose to use or ignore them.  My long term plan was to have a configuration toggle so you could turn clone era stuff on/off so the merchant wouldn't appear or you couldn't even build them in the droid foundry, but I never got around to doing that.  An ever bigger concept would be to let the player choose their era when they started the game, and then rename and switch weapons/armor on troops, have different kingdom reinforcements, etc.  I briefly looked into this and it was somewhat possible, but we'd probably need more map icons and there are some limitations like you couldn't set face codes with the module system, so I think it makes sense to focus on the original trilogy like we have.  In terms of removing them when the clone mod is released I could go either way and since I'm not really active with this mod I'll let you guys make that call.  Usually I like giving players options, maybe the toggle could be added with a default of off, but I don't think they are really hurting anything and a lot of people seem to like them.  I do think that any screenshots/videos should focus on original trilogy so I liked how the latest trailer had stormtroopers, etc.  I've also heard that the clone mod will be focused on one planet rather than a galaxy, so some players might prefer one concept over another, etc. Anyway, as I said in another post, I'm too busy to really be active right now, so I'll let you guys figure out what the future of this project should be.

FYI - In Warband you can modify the gravity effect on ammo, but unfortunately the last time I checked it could only be done for arrows and bullets.  So rifle ammo (ie. bolts for crossbows) would still drop...  I haven't patched Warband in months so hopefully they changed this or plan to change it in the future...
Code: [Select]
air_friction_arrow = 0.002
air_friction_bullet = 0.002

Revan Shan

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:05 PM »
I do think that any screenshots/videos should focus on original trilogy so I liked how the latest trailer had stormtroopers, etc.

I did it on purpose. Mainly to make Happy happy.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:07:57 AM by Swyter »

Zuko540

What's new
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2010, 02:35:31 AM »
What's new in SWC: Version 9.0.3?
Why the trailer is any different?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
Re: What's new
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »
What's new in SWC: Version 9.0.3?
Why the trailer is any different?

Go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/downloads/swc0903

Then click on the read more + the complete Changelog will be shown.  ;) Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:03:00 AM by Swyter »
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Zuko540

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2010, 11:19:28 AM »
Thanks, but: Why are some of the planets are marked blue?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »
Thanks, but: Why are some of the planets are marked blue?

It's a sort of atmospheric effect... only for the main ones.  ;)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
Re: [SWC] Questions & Answers
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2011, 07:53:18 AM »

Thanks to GetAssista for reporting the spam. This is going to be locked as read-only legacy.
Rest in Peace.

If you have questions, suggestions, bug reports or simply want to talk about Star Wars: Conquest. Go to our own forum here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/forum
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:01:04 AM by Swyter »