login

Author Topic: [SWC] Questions & Answers  (Read 43909 times)

Offline Vector

• View Profile
[SWC] Questions & Answers
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:34:55 PM »
If you have any questions regarding the development of this module or this module in general then feel free to ask them in this thread.
I will try and a keep this post updated with previously ask/answered questions to avoid people asking the same questions over and over.

Q: What is the current public release of this module?
A: version 0.9.0, which can be downloaded here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=809

Q: What is the current beta release of this module?
A:  not currently available

Q: How do i recruit Battledroids, Clones, Sith, & Jedi?
A: In order to recruit special units such as the above you must first capture a planet and build the desired recruitment structure (eg: Cloning Facility for Clones.)

Q: How do i use force powers?
A: There are force-sensitive merchants at the shipyards that sell force powers and you would equip them as a weapon

Q:  Can I get Boba Fett's armor, Vader's helmet, or other unique items or weapons?
A:  There are hidden chests located on the major planets, just search for them and you should find these items

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:25:28 AM by Swyter »

Fallen Warrior

Re: SWC: Questions & Answers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »
Ok so I downloaded 8.4, but how do i get my 8.2 character into 8.4?

damnimbored25

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
In the oldest version you have, go to the character menu,and hit the import button.
Open the game whit the latest version you have and go to the character menu, and hit the export button.
I'm not really sure of this...because i had never really changed a character, i allways start a new one ;).But I'm sure these are the steps.

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »
In the oldest version you have, go to the character menu,and hit the import button.
Open the game whit the latest version you have and go to the character menu, and hit the export button.
I'm not really sure of this...because i had never really changed a character, i allways start a new one ;).But I'm sure these are the steps.
oh, I figured it out. All you have to do is make a new character in the new version, save your game (of course) exit out, go to Char Exports and change the txt characters name to the one you made (For Example Make Character Named Jonathan Dill, Save game exit out, go to Char Exports and change Jonathan Mallard.txt to Jonathan Dill.txt

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
Sorry with all the questions but where's the item editor?

damnimbored25

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09:55:33 AM »
You need to download the item's editor.
I'm pretty sure it's in the repository files. Let me search the link for you.
Edit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html I'm not pretty sure but, i think is this one. It's a threat but it has the link.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:20:20 AM by damnimbored25 »

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 01:42:16 PM »
Thanks, but I have no idea on how to use the thing.

damnimbored25

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »
Because I thought it would be something simple. its called Questions and Answers right?

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:39 AM »
The item editor is mainly a modder's tool.

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »
Thought so. . . . . .  Well thanks for searching,  i'll find out how to use it  ::)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »

Here's a general overview if you want to create or edit a mod:

Most mods are created using the official 'module system' which is basically a bunch of code written in the python programming language.  You can then compile that code and it creates different text files (ie. troops.txt, factions.txt, item_kinds1.txt) that can be read by the M&B game engine.  So if you want to create a mod from scratch or want to make big changes to an existing mod then you most likely need to use the module system.  Some mods include their module system and make it available to the public and other mods don't release their source code.
     Module System - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49267.0.html

However, the text files that the game engine reads can also be edited directly, so there have been several un-official tools created.  There is an item editor so you can change item stats (ie. damage, speed, armor, price, abundance, etc) and a Troop Editor that I created which can edit a lot of information about troops and parties in the game.  So if you want to make lightsabers swing faster or jedi/sith more powerful you could tweak your own copy of the game and do this.  If you are going to be making changes, I'd suggest making a copy of the mod folder, so you don't mess up the original.   If you have questions about these tools its best to ask in the forum belows.
     Item Editor - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html
     Troop Editor - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

Also, please don't use these un-official tools to make a few tweaks to a mod and then re-release a 'new' version since most teams don't like that.  If you have made tweaks to your own game that you think improve the mod, then suggest them to the team and hopefully they would be merged into the source code and included in future releases.

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 07:16:06 AM »
Is there any simple way to edit the DC-15a?

Fallen Warrior

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 07:31:25 AM »
I feel like in flooding the topic. . . . . . With all these updates it's frusterating because every time I get good head way, (with my character) I update SWC and have to start all over >:(
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:35:41 AM by Fallen Warrior »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 02:40:21 PM »

what do you want to change about the DC-15a ?  The easiest way to change the abundance (frequency it appears in the shops) or the weapon stats would be to use the unofficial item editor mentioned above.  However, most changes require a new saved game to take effect.  :(    In terms of the updates, this mod is still in beta testing and actively being worked on, so we hopefully will be working on this mod further and putting out updates for a while that will not be saved game compatible unfortunately.