login

Author Topic: Bug Reports for 0.6.6  (Read 56421 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports for 0.6.6
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 06:53:59 PM »
Everybody:

The version for 1.0x is just not playable.  Stay with the older version.

Wundai

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
Oh I didn't know there was an older version with more compatibility.

Which version do you recommend?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2010, 01:56:08 AM »
OK, explaining that last point.

Use ONR for M&B .90x ... and obviously, use it WITH M&B version .90x, if you don't want even more problems.

You can have several versions of M&B on your system at once, just by putting them in different directories.  It will not cause any problems, unless you try to go back to version .808 or before (which I do not advise).

Anyway, the last playable versions of ONR were for M&B .90x  ... the 1.0x port is currently a work in progress, presently on hold.

Wundai

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »
OK, Got another version now 9.30 from M&B

Error:

Get Skeleton Anim Failed for: Death_Face

My guess is because I still have Onin No Ran version made for 1.011
And since I have 9.30 now it doesn't work.

Ron I've searched the web for an older version of Onin, but none found just some shaders.

Since you suggested trying it on a lower version, I am sure you also have the link of the older Onin No Ran version? I can't seem to find it, so the question is could you post it please ;)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »
My internet connection is haywire right now... getting maybe 40 kb/sec out of it, with intermittent complete breakdowns.  Probably damage from all the recent flooding here in China - I know roads and railroads are out from mudslides all over the place, so already overloaded Internet cables have probably been hit too.  Anyway it would take forever to upload anything right now ... I'll get that as soon as it clears up just a bit, unless someone else gets it first.

Wundai

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:10 AM »
No worries mate, I have already found it.

Its in the "old versions" thread right here in the forum.

Wow it really looks better, more dialogue less errors. And I would almost say the npc's looks more asian now?

Thank you :)

HanshiroTsugumo

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2010, 07:00:47 AM »
Everybody:

The version for 1.0x is just not playable.  Stay with the older version.

Thank you, i downloaded the older version and almost everything works fine. I also 'imported' my lv17 onin no ran character from the M&B 1.011 to the 0.903 and it works as well, but i have a problem. I visited all the 8 dojos and defeated every opponents but it still shows in the quest window that im a bushi, not a kengo.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2010, 04:35:08 PM »
Everybody:

The version for 1.0x is just not playable.  Stay with the older version.

Thank you, i downloaded the older version and almost everything works fine. I also 'imported' my lv17 onin no ran character from the M&B 1.011 to the 0.903 and it works as well, but i have a problem. I visited all the 8 dojos and defeated every opponents but it still shows in the quest window that im a bushi, not a kengo.

"kengo" (sword master/weapons expert) is not a social class, it's just a title.  Other examples of titles not specifically referring to social class would be "ninja" (in modern English, a "covert operative"), shinobi (a spy), or any particular military rank (although holding a military rank above modern NCO equivalent would be limited to the warrior classes and nobility - anyone being promoted from ashigaru to officer status would be given title as samurai).  "General" would be a nice title to have, but it does not change one's base social status (soldier) unless the promotion also comes with a title of nobility.

"Bushi" - a member of the warrior class - would still be appropriate.  Other possible social classes would be, for example, peasant, urban commoner ("merchant", I think it's called in ONR), kuge (nobility - although technically they were also "bushi"), or a member of one or more religious orders (monks, sohei - warrior-monks/temple guardians, yamabushi - wandering warrior-monks, or some such).  Even the shogun would consider himself to be "bushi".

Hope that explains some of it.  Ancient cultures and foreign languages (assuming you don't speak Japanese - I surely do not) can make things a bit complicated.

HanshiroTsugumo

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »
Thanks.. I worried about that it's a bug or something.. :)

Err.. could you explain in detail how the sohen system works?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:56:15 PM by HanshiroTsugumo »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
You mean "shoen"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Den

Effectively, they were plantations.  Not unlike corporate or collective farms.  They sold stock to pay for capital improvements, which is how ONR characters can make some investments.

As for "how" it works ... intermittently.  The one you see in game is rather a placeholder for a future much more involved economic model.  You just wander around town until you find the guy who sells stock, buy some, and hope it pays for itself.  But there are still glitches, so do so at your own risk.

HanshiroTsugumo

« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »
Sorry, I meant shoen as you say.

Im taking quests from Takeda Ujinobu (or sth like that) in Obama, so I bought 9090 stocks for an average price of 0 mon per stock :green: but i don't think so it will generate any profit to me.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
Yeah, that's what I meant about "intermittently".

HanshiroTsugumo

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
It seems I have to try it myself. :)

Anyway this mod is awesome.. My state as a Hosokawa retainer is 'chuu-no-banpei' currently (3th rank) but my renown is close to the one thousand, so hopefully my rank will increase soon. I almost finished to equip all my 13 npc folowers with do-maru, tsubo sode do-maru or even better armors and helmets and with yumi or light yumi bows. I use 'nunte' polearm to capture mountain brigands and mountain bandits and also samurai units but i don't know there is a non-lethal pole weapon like nunte but stronger than that?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2010, 01:00:05 AM »
"stronger" (in the sense of "more damaging" / "able to harm in spite of armor") and "non-lethal" are two ideas that don't go very well together.  You whack somebody with anything heavier than a police baton, and you're going to start seeing internal bleeding that can't be corrected with anything less than modern major surgeries.  A stick is generally non-lethal - you really have to know what you're doing to completely kill somebody with even a smallish baseball bat, unless you are planning on beating them after they are disabled.  A claw hammer, on the other hand, is going to break some bones and cause internal bleeding, and by the time you get enough damage to stop them from fighting, the wounds will not be very survivable.

Also, polearms and blunt ends are generally not a very good combo.  The nunte was somewhat blunt either as a hook for catching prisoners, or because the people who built them could not afford blade steel, or a combination of the two.  But it is a rather crude weapon originally improvised from farm tools on Okinawa.  Not an easy thing to learn to use, and not terribly efficient as a weapon in general.  Its real value is being a really cheap alternative to a good yari or naginata.

Seriously, there is little money in prisoners, compared to the value of the junk they carry (unless you're just picking off rabble that don't have anything).  It's probably not worth your time to worry so much about capturing them alive, or if you feel a need to get a few alive, just run over them with a horse.  The Japanese weren't too big on taking prisoners in battle - urban police forces were among the first to adopt policies on non-lethal force (hence carrying the jitte) for maintaining order, but organized bands of brigands were pretty much "wanted dead or alive, preferably dead".

HanshiroTsugumo

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:15 AM »
Seriously, there is little money in prisoners, compared to the value of the junk they carry (unless you're just picking off rabble that don't have anything).

As for me, with my level 3 prisoner managment skill I can capture 15 prisoners (mountain brigands) per battle what I can sell about a sum of 35.000 mon. By comparison, the loot is not much more.. usually does not attain this amount, although I always fight agains 120-150 head armies with my 40-45 men.