Author Topic: Bug Reports for 0.6.6  (Read 40735 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports for 0.6.6
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 07:10:01 AM »
I have several confirmations from the Taleworlds board that everything works fine under DX7 but is crash and burn under DX9. I can only assume this has something to do with the custom shader. Ron, it seems many new shaders were added for M&B 1.01x. Would any of them be sufficient for what we're trying to achieve with the specular_alpha_cutouts shader?

Erm.... How the hell should I know?

You just want me to take a shot in the dark?  I'm going to say NO, not a snowball's chance in New Orleans.

But not a problem.  We flag down Marco Tarini.  Get him to add his custom stuff to the 1.0x MB.FX file.  If he remembers everything he did, it's about a ten minute job.  (The original was ten minutes to write, a week to debug ... that's how long it took us to conclude that it would never work with MIPmaps.  Live and learn.)

Edit:
Done.  Fujiwara - he'll send it to your e-mail when it's ready.  May be a few days.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:44:19 AM by Ron Losey »

penguinking100

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »
i know this was mentioned before, iron flesh and power strike skills cant be upgraded, but i was wondering how to fix it, i saw in the post about activating some unused skill? where would that be and what should i do to get these 2 skills to work?

dulahan

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »
Weird, I don't have a problem with those skills.  Do you have the latest version?

penguinking100

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 01:12:36 PM »
ya i have onin_no_ran_0.6.6-b3725
and another thing for the river pirate killing quest i killed off 2 of their bands at once and it didnt regester or something so now i cant continue the quest an join the yamana or whtever their name is lol and pirates dont spawn any, i assume because the outlaw faction dosent get any spawn points, also i cant attack trade caravans or traveler's of merchants theirs no option to do so
i have still not been able to figure out how to recruit non inn troops and/or captured troops

EDIT
IM SUCH A FOOL lol sorry about all my bug posts and everything im down loading 6.6b 3755 now well see if that helps lol

ok im playing b3755 but im still getting stuck in the conversation screen when i report to my lord after killing off the river bandits, is that just as far as the story line goes? beacuse i saw on this forum somewhere about some1 having heavy cavalry but i have no idea how i would be able to recruit them
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:25:56 AM by penguinking100 »

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »
Every time the game notices me about some Hosokawa scouts,
the camera rushes off on the map to a location that must be the spies',
and starts following them (I think; I can't see them because of distance)
I get my cam back when I click/move/anything.

This is a dev thing to let me know a spy has spawned. No worries

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Jareck

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »
Since there wasn't a thread for 1.01X I'll just post this here.

I keep getting all sorts of graphical bugs during the play.
And every now and then (5 - 10 minutes) the game crashes and I get this RGL ERROR: "Unable to get technique with name specular_alpha_cutouts"

dulahan

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »
1.01X is actually the M&B version, not the version of the mod.

At the moment, that bug is known, if you run in Direct X7 mode it will solve it for now.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
I think part of the problem is that M&B 1.01x includes an FXO file in addition to the FX file. FXO is a precompiled version of the FX file, so I have to wonder if, for whatever reason, the M&B engine isn't bothering to look at the FX file, or if the FXO file is just definitions (like a header file), then any definition that isn't in the FXO file won't be looked at in the FX file.

EDIT: So I found out you CAN compile FX files into FXO using fxc.exe from the DirectX SDK. Did so, compared the original with mine, and the new shader (specular_alpha_cutouts) does show up in the file. Swapped old with new, started Onin no Ran in DX9 mode. For future reference, the bump mapped ground texture is cool. Anyway, I did not get any RGL errors, but I did see some weirdness. The default katana given to a male bushi automagically transforms into a bokken, complete with a totally useless saya with the same texture, when at the right camera angle, between 270-0 degrees, 45 degrees up. Peculiar.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:16:50 PM by fujiwara »

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »
Give it a day or two ... Marco Tarini will e-mail you the new version MB.FX when he gets it ready.  I mean, I freely admit I don't know how that stuff works, but I do know when it's time to call an expert.

Let's do this right instead of half-doing it.  I hate half-doing things.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
Give it a day or two ... Marco Tarini will e-mail you the new version MB.FX when he gets it ready.  I mean, I freely admit I don't know how that stuff works, but I do know when it's time to call an expert.

Let's do this right instead of half-doing it.  I hate half-doing things.

Agreed.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 03:31:21 AM »
I tested out a couple of things with my last play, Blood-loss and Morale. I fought several bandit raiders, killing most of them and forcing a rout. I de-horsed a mounted one and decorated him with a few arrows, wounding him rather severely I think. In the process, they got a lucky shot in, and took away about 90% of my Health.

So, I told my troops to sit bakc, killed the one archer, and followed the single, retreating bandit form a distance. At least a minute or two passe,d ubt my health didn't APPEar ot go donw, there weren't any messages saying I received damage, at least. The soldier also survived, reaching the edge of the map.
I'm not sure whether troops actually retreat yet in the morale one, but they appear to not retreat in this version either way, they just walk backwards slowly to the edge and then linger there (not that I'm complanining, I've had the time of my life just now soloing some bandits so well I wish I recorded it).

Just thought I'd check and mention in case. Hope this helps--can't wait to play the less buggy version so I can enjoy this great game in it's trueness.

EDIT: BTW, I was buying some items and noticed osme beculiar stuff. A set of Large Bag of Ya had 27 arrows, and a regular set of Ya had 56.
Also, I brough a Souhei Gusoku (I think I may've spelt this wrong) for about 9K, it gave me 30 body armour and no leg armour. The reason I thought this was strange, is that I later saw the same equipment with something like a +50ish bonus to body and a 20ish bonus to leg, for a huge sum.

Both are quite possibily intended, or are just minor problems that are to be seen to in a later version. Still, might as well mention, in case there is a names and graphics glitch which swaps items or whichever.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:01:15 AM by Conners »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 07:23:46 AM »
There are now two different quiver designs - a 24 and a, what was it, fifty-something?  Anyway, a 24 quiver that was "large" could be 25-27.  Note that the better arrowheads come in the smaller quivers - the big one just has them all jammed together, and is not suitable for the larger arrowheads.

The Souhei were warrior monks, defenders of the temples.  "Gusoku" is just a general term for what they wore.  How much armor was wrapped up in that could vary a lot.  In the game, the ones with the heavy armor do show some bits of said armor sticking out around the robes.

And yeah, it sounds like the blood loss model didn't take.  Have to check on that, as soon as we get through the bugs that make things crash.

penguinking100

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
am i the only person who cant get past the conversation of when your assigned to a lord (and you go talk to him) after being accepted into a clan and doing the river pirate killing quest? (and its not the main lord is the lord ur assigned to who gets stuck in the conversation screen)

jonnyweir

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 08:20:10 PM »
I've killed 9 river pirate bands but I can't find a tenth one anywhere. It's a bit tricky to finish the quest as they don't seem to have spawned.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 10:26:46 PM »
I had the bandit spawning turned off for testing purposes. The next release will have everything back on. A few more dialog bugs to iron out.