login

Author Topic: STAR WARS CONQUEST 0.8.x - Open Beta  (Read 31536 times)

Titanshoe

Re: STAR WARS CONQUEST 0.8.x - Open Beta
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »
maybe until 0.90, 0.95 or 1.00 I think people on TW will be amazed of what have changed by then

Peralta

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »
maybe until 0.90, 0.95 or 1.00 I think people on TW will be amazed of what have changed by then

Last version I have is .84, and I think I'm gonna be sur^prised pretty big now too :)

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
After a short playing time, I have come to the following conclusions.
Awesome job on the ship scene!
Great work on all the new animations. But there's only one thing I fairly dislike. Too many rifles crouch. The DC15a definately shouldn't, and some other similar ones. Firing from the hip would be awesome, but I know you're limited with the number of animations, so an improved-to-fit-sw-rifles animation would rule this mod.

Great job team!

Titanshoe

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »
I love the crouching, makes surviving alot easier :D

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »
If only it was optional to crouch... It just feels so wrong, doing it every time. Truely, it'd be grand to just press 'c', and crouch like desired.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:06 PM »

We can tweak the animations that are used a little bit, but the game is pretty limited, and I don't believe it can be toggled.  For all ranged weapons we basically only have 3 flags that can be used.

shoot_pistol - 1handed pistol animation, used for all pistols
shoot_crossbow - 2handed standing rifle animation, used with some rifles
shoot_musket - 2handed crouching rifle animation, used with some rifles

I switched the DC15A to use shoot_crossbow, and can tweak some others as necessary.  You can also use the item editor to switch what animation the weapons are using, etc.  But I don't believe there is an easy way to toggle it unless I did something like like have two types of every weapon sold in the weapon shops, etc.

Adraz Rhua

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »
is there any option for firing from the hip because i think battle droids and geonosians should fire from the hip.. just looks wrong them aiming :P

my 2 cents ;D

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »

Not raelly, we can make a firing from the hip animation, but we'd lose one of those 3 animations I mentioned above.  The game engine is very limited in this regard where you can only have 3 types of firing animations for all ranged weapons.  Technically, I could also use the javelin one, and then get rid of the throwing lightsabers in the game, but personally I like using those and battle droids are a low priority, so I wasn't planning on removing them.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »
It's not just the battle droids (it's them the lest, imho), shooting from the hip is very very common in SW. I know I saw most stormies use it too. Plus, with some work, it could be used for pistols too, if tweaked correctly. Dunno about dual pistols though...

Revan Shan

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »

Not raelly, we can make a firing from the hip animation, but we'd lose one of those 3 animations I mentioned above.  The game engine is very limited in this regard where you can only have 3 types of firing animations for all ranged weapons.  Technically, I could also use the javelin one, and then get rid of the throwing lightsabers in the game, but personally I like using those and battle droids are a low priority, so I wasn't planning on removing them.

Well, I think using the javelin slot for rifles would be great. The lightsaber throw doesn't look very good (cause of its animation and throwing system (the lightsaber respawns on your hand)). In fact I try to don't look at those guys throwing lightsabers, as I consider it very game reallism breaking.

Plus, making them use rifles from the hip would be really good for the star wars feeling. The DC-15 long rifle is usually used from the hip, and both droids and stormtroopers use their weapons from the hip very often. What is more, in the Jedi Knight series all the characters hold their weapons from the hip.

Eltzu

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »
Whoa! Awesome! I really hope I could mod so I would be able to help you with this. This has been a HUGE job. Thank you!  :D

WhiteList

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
Hello.....this star wars conquest mod is sooooo nice really..... :lol:

but, unfortunately I just have 0.8.2 version......I want to download the updated version (0.8.7), but the sendspace and 2shared are not really good for downloading.......

Would you please to make it downloadable in MBreposity or MountfanBlade....?
Thank you so much.......

Milata

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »
are they gonna update some of the planet battle scenes and space battle scenes with abit of cover? or atleast limit the ammount of people cause its dumb to spawn right infront of the enemy in ships D:

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »

Version 0.9 is released so I'm locking this thread

Download - http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=809