Author Topic: STAR WARS CONQUEST 0.8.x - Open Beta  (Read 31998 times)

The Happy Stormtrooper

Re: STAR WARS CONQUEST 0.8.x - Open Beta
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:36:47 AM »
Haven't played the 8.6 but have the textures and modles for the baby rancors been inproved? I liked the idea of them but they kinda looked like blobs in 8.4

They were a test model to see if weirdly-shaped figures could still use the default human skeleton, hence the weird movement and basic texture. I've not done any updates to them, nor do I see myself getting the time/energy to do so. If anyone else can redo them; you're welcome to them.

Darth Loganthal

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »
Just started playing the mod and i LOVE it. Im a big Star Wars fan and this has the feel of the Star Wars universe. The races are much better then any others i have seen and the armor and weapons are great, as well as the "Mounts".

I read the disclaimer at the start of the game and was curious about what other factions you were thinking about adding to the mod, and if you had ever thought about possibly adding in an invasion after a year of ingame time of the Yuuzhan Vong?

I have seen other mods that implement invasions and the like. Could be fun to see a swarm of Vong fighting a horde of Stormtroopers.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 08:19:45 AM »
Just started playing the mod and i LOVE it. Im a big Star Wars fan and this has the feel of the Star Wars universe. The races are much better then any others i have seen and the armor and weapons are great, as well as the "Mounts".

I read the disclaimer at the start of the game and was curious about what other factions you were thinking about adding to the mod, and if you had ever thought about possibly adding in an invasion after a year of ingame time of the Yuuzhan Vong?

I have seen other mods that implement invasions and the like. Could be fun to see a swarm of Vong fighting a horde of Stormtroopers.

I imagine new factions won't be added now until the release of warband since due to the 'awesomeness' of Multiplayer there will be alot more insentive for additional factions to be added then, since i doubt every one will want to just play Empire vs Rebels vs Hutts online.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 08:28:48 AM by Vector »

ClanMcRae_A

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
I would like to give a well done to whomever did the new "jersey" textures for each team in the tournements. They fit the mod really nicely.

Revan Shan

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 06:48:14 AM »
I would like to give a well done to whomever did the new "jersey" textures for each team in the tournements. They fit the mod really nicely.

Glad you liked them, it took me more than any of the other retextures.

And by the way, si quieres decir jersey di swetter.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
Star Wars Conquest 0.8.7 Beta

I'm going to be busy this weekend, so I figured I'd post what I had completed so far... There aren't a ton of new changes, but speeder bikes should now make dust, a sound when they are idle and you initially get on, but it sounded bad to try and have constant sound so there isn't any noise when you are moving.   I added random weapons in the arena, increased the number of opponents, added a power droid that refills ammo, option to walk around the ship and heal yourself at the bacta tank, some minor tweaks to weapon stats, etc.  This does not have any recent suggestions from Revan or Adraz, or any of the models that Vector has recently posted.  If people have any comments or suggestions then let me know, download link below, thx.

http://www.2shared.com/file/10701176/9f098cf3/SWC_087.html
or
http://www.sendspace.com/file/msjtjm

edit:  

There is a bug with some item meshes, which will cause a crash in the weapon merchants.  For now do the following to fix this:

1) open your item_kinds1.txt in notepad
2) delete the "_inventory" for the itm_kashyyyk_long_gun and itm_rocket_launcher

itm_kashyyyk_long_gun Kashyyyk_Long_Gun Kashyyyk_Long_Gun 2  kashyyyk_long_gun 0  kashyyyk_long_gun_inventory ............

itm_rocket_launcher RDP-12_Rocket_Launcher_(in_development) RDP-12_Rocket_Launcher_(in_development) 2  rpg 0  rpg_inventory .........

there is also a bug with anakin's lightsaber.  If you want to fix it you'd have to text edit item_kinds1.txt to remove the 'n' which I show below

itm_anakin_skywalker_lightsaber Anakin_Skywalker's_Lightsaber Anakin_Skywalker's_Lightsaber 2  lightsaber_blue 0  lightsaber_bluenoff
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:31:17 PM by HokieBT »

Revan Shan

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »
Ok, lets take it a look. Oh, and by the way, you forgot the addition of new anims, the new menus...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:18:02 AM by Revan Shan »

Revan Shan

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
Ok. I played this morning and it's awesome. It may include only minor things, but they look terribly good. The correct sit animations on the cantina and the cantina sounds are perfect. The new reload anims are great, but also very useful. Now rifles, dunno why, can shoot much faster, just like in the official Star Wars games. Every little thing makes the game feel much better, like the invisible shields for heros, the ship interior and the new menus.

Things I see for the next version:
-Include the new ships and new shipyards over the map where to by them.
-No characters in tournaments (no Star Wars character would enter a tournament, and some heros like Darth Vader or Chewbacka look aufwl without their original clothes).
-Pilot Luke Skywalker.
-New patrols/parties: CIS Remnants, bikers...
-No soldiers all over your ship interiors if you don't have them (if player has no party you still can find guards in the ship interiors).
-Real rifle and pistol charges (for example, E-11: 30 shots per charge).
-Rename Rebel Alliance Cruiser as Gallofree Transport (trade federation shipyard).
-Make the new 'companion's overview', 'inventory' and 'character' menus.
-New factions (hopefuly)

-And new locations (important ones missing):
-UTAPAU - Class: City type location - Appearance: Desertic
Ownership: Zann Consortium, if not made: Hutt Cartel
-TARIS - Class: City type location - Appearance: City-planet (like Coruscant)
Ownership: Galactic Empire
-SALEUCAMI - Class: Fort or city type location - Appearance: Desertic/Jungle
-VERGESSO ASTEROIDS BASE - Class: Fort type location (can have both Base and Outpost) - Appearance: Station
Ownership: Rebel Alliance
-SARAPIN - Class: Fort or city type location - Appearance: Volcanic (like Mustafar)
-POLIS MASSA - Class: Fort typo location - Appearance: Station/asteroid (station in asteroid)
-RAXUS PRIME - Class: City type location - Appearance: Massive Yunkyard/Desertic
Ownership: Rodian Gangs (Planet), Galactic Empire (outpost/battlestation)
-KORRIBAN - Class: Village, fort or city type location - Appearance: Desertic
-REYTHA - Class: Village type of location - Appearance: Terrestial
Ownership: Galactic Empire or Rebel Alliance
-EREDENN PRIME - Class: Village type of location - Appearance: Snow/Ice
-ZARLORIIS - Class: Village type of location - Appearance: Desertic/Barren/Rocky
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:42:29 PM by Revan Shan »

Catoblepas

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »
OOh, a new version, cannot wait to try it out. Oh, Reven, if you thought seeing Vader or Chewbacca in the arena was odd.....I fought Jabba the hutt. He must pay someone to fight in his stead, because what I fought certainly wasn't a hutt.

Adraz Rhua

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
just been playing the latest version and love everything, just some things i'd like to say is:

Could we have a companion follow us round on planets, like 1866?

Could we get something for successfully surviving a cantina brawl? either loot or 100 credits or something like that?

Fix the medical bay - health regained in the medical bay is lost upon exit of your ship

Other than this and my previous suggestions (that i know you are hard at work on ;D) this mod is almost perfect, love it!

Revan Shan

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 12:29:18 PM »
just been playing the latest version and love everything, just some things i'd like to say is:
Could we have a companion follow us round on planets, like 1866?

It would be great, like in kotor, where you could choose the two companions you wanted to land with.

Is it possible have the following feature?:

You click land on the planet surface and 3 buttons appear if you have companions or troops:

Land alone / Land with 1 companion / Land with 2 companions

If you click one of the last 2 you get a chart like this (with scroll feature) that lets you choose the guy:
Rham Kota
Storm trooper (6)

Revan Shan

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
I took at the remaining relevant planets and add some more to the list. I edited my pre-previous post, but here you have them too:

-UTAPAU - Class: City type location - Appearance: Desertic
-TARIS - Class: City type location - Appearance: City-planet (like Coruscant)
-SALEUCAMI - Class: Fort or city type location - Appearance: Desertic/Jungle
-VERGESSO ASTEROIDS BASE - Class: Fort type location (can have both Base and Outpost) - Appearance: Station
Ownership: Rebel Alliance
-SARAPIN - Class: Fort or city type location - Appearance: Volcanic (like Mustafar)
-POLIS MASSA - Class: Fort typo location - Appearance: Station/asteroid (station in asteroid)
-RAXUS PRIME - Class: City type location - Appearance: Massive Yunkyard/Desertic
Ownership: Rodian Gangs (Planet), Galactic Empire (outpost/battlestation)
-KORRIBAN - Class: Village, fort or city type location - Appearance: Desertic
-REYTHA - Class: Village type of location - Appearance: Terrestial
-TRANDOSHA - Class: City type of location - Appearance: Terrestial
Ownership: Trandoshan Slavers, if not made: Galactic Empire
-EREDENN PRIME - Class: Village type of location - Appearance: Snow/Ice
-ZARLORIIS - Class: Village type of location - Appearance: Desertic/Barren/Rocky
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:54:38 AM by Revan Shan »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:12 PM »

I fixed the bacta tank so it permanently heals you, and I'll try and think about a few of those other comments, thx.  I like the idea of companions following you around, so I'll try and add that in.  I've been having difficulty trying to keep track of all suggestions or things we want to work on, so I started this thread below and will hopefully be adding on going forward....
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2045.0.html

also, a general question, but its been a long time since I played 0.8.2, which is the current release on MBR and linked on the main page of this forum.  Has the beta progressed enough that I should updated that download?  Or should I go ahead and wait a little longer for Vector's new map icons, see if I can add a companion to the town scenes, and/or allow more ships or shipyards, etc?   

Adraz Rhua

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
hehe i say wait a little bit longer Hokie, maybe direct people looking at the thread to this forum though if they want more up to date details? :)

Revan Shan

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »
What can I say. The longer you wait... the better it will be. Dunno.