Author Topic: [SWC] Scene Editing Guide and Progress Report  (Read 27177 times)

Peralta

Re: SWC: Scene Editing Guide and Progress Report
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »
Sounds random enough to me  :green:

I'll first go dig up some ref materials and then maybe work on battlestation stuff...

Peralta

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »
After my first crash-free game of SWC in a loooog time, I noticed that the only scenes without a nearly square groundplan are the battlestations?

The outpost I sieged gave me some sort of triangle shape which created a suicidal bottleneck for my clones  ???

Peralta

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 05:51:03 AM »
Scene creating won't be for anywhere in 2009, gotta study for exams in january ;)

matthews

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »
Hey,
I'd like to help. Are there any scenes you'd like me to help with?

Revan Shan

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 03:30:03 AM »
I'm trying to do some scene editting, but there is somth I don't know. How can I use ground textures like the one for geonosis? They don't appear... (Only native's)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »

matthews - thanks for the offer to help, I'll send you a PM.

Revan - I believe M&B is limited with those ground textures, but I think you can paint the ground? I'm guessing Geroj just used the sand texture and then painted it red?

Revan Shan

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 07:09:46 AM »

matthews - thanks for the offer to help, I'll send you a PM.

Revan - I believe M&B is limited with those ground textures, but I think you can paint the ground? I'm guessing Geroj just used the sand texture and then painted it red?

Oh. Interesting.

Tyrinius

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »
Yes, you can paint the ground, but as far as i remember the painting option is at the bottom of the editing window. And that window is so big that it doesn't appear on small screen resolutions. And you can't scroll it. I don't know if there is a workaround.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
I've just fixed the Degobah scene, since the previous one left the AI running them selfs into walls and corners.

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:02 AM »
Who made Bothawui scene it looks good

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:42 AM »

I set your Bothawui scene as a village scene for all the surrounding moons and then made a larger scale scene for Bothawui, i wanted to ask your permission first but you hadn't been around for quite a while, hope it's okay with you.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »

Geroj - random comment, but if you have any interest in scene editing we could use some Kamino scenes.   There are a bunch of new scene props that start with sw_kamino_* and that planet is basically a water world with metal platforms above it.   SupaNinjaMan made the models and I textured them, so if people feel the textures can be improved then I have no problem if you want to work on them.

Also, I don't think I have updated the first page in a while, so unfortunately its somewhat outdated

Revan Shan

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 10:57:10 AM »

Geroj - random comment, but if you have any interest in scene editing we could use some Kamino scenes.   There are a bunch of new scene props that start with sw_kamino_* and that planet is basically a water world with metal platforms above it.   SupaNinjaMan made the models and I textured them, so if people feel the textures can be improved then I have no problem if you want to work on them.

True. Tipoca city needs to be made!

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »

I set your Bothawui scene as a village scene for all the surrounding moons and then made a larger scale scene for Bothawui, i wanted to ask your permission first but you hadn't been around for quite a while, hope it's okay with you.

Yeah its ok
What about some scene with lava -Sullust or something like that -how it looks?

Revan Shan

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
Well, actually we need a lot of scenes that shouldn't be a lot of work.

- Hoth plains: several scenes with only snow, nothing else.

- Volcanic plains: for planets like Mustafar, Sarapin and Taspir. Noactual need of lava. It's enough if it's a plain with black texture.

- Naboo plains: like the ones seen in Episode 1, big and green, with forests surrounding them.

- Corellia plains:
http://ryoko.de/swg/lash_corellia_cyrha_1.jpg

- Dantooine plains:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_496mEL68-v0/SRtQ0boQGfI/AAAAAAAAACw/RIjKe4XL-W4/s400/zebulon-dantooine.jpg

- Geonosis spires: A scene were you might find a lot of rocky stuff and some more geonosian architecture.

etc.

It would be good for each planet to have several battle secenes. Several plains, etc. Cause for now we have for example a single battle scene for both Endor and Kashyyyk.