Author Topic: 2.4.1  (Read 12611 times)

Beastro

Re: 2.4.1
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 03:11:43 AM »
I'm guessing I uploaded some kind of beta version (can't really remember).

You can alt-tab out of M&B, so you can see the error window and just click OK or ignore. You should be able to continue the game after that.

Yeah, none of the items are all the useful so I just avoid em.

I'm also getting a bug as I move up the size of my army where the maxinum limit isn't reach but it says my armies at full capacity.

Related is the matter where I can't promote certain units to different tiers. Examples being the games refusal to promote a Rohan Esquire to Skimisher (but it allows a promotion to Rider) and Northmen Warriors to Northmen Vet Warriors.

Anyway just for an update on whats going on, when is the next release coming out? Are you guys gonna do one soon or wait until the expansion?

Edit: Another bug is with Glorfindel, all I do is talk to him and he says he wants to join and then it flips to my guy which says we'll be back later and it ends. No dialogue options or anyhting.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:13:35 AM by Beastro »

DaBlade

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
That's because you don't have enough influence points to recruit him. I believe you need 250 points for him.

Rohan Esquires can only be promoted to Riders, that's not a bug; I believe Esquires are the first mounted melee units. Not sure about the other things you pointed out, it's been a while since I played 2.4.1 :P I can take a look if you need to know something else.

We don't know when there will be a new release, but it will not be anytime soon. That's all I can tell you for now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:54:12 AM by DaBlade »

Beastro

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 11:30:41 AM »
That's because you don't have enough influence points to recruit him. I believe you need 250 points for him.

Rohan Esquires can only be promoted to Riders, that's not a bug; I believe Esquires are the first mounted melee units. Not sure about the other things you pointed out, it's been a while since I played 2.4.1 :P I can take a look if you need to know something else.

We don't know when there will be a new release, but it will not be anytime soon. That's all I can tell you for now.

Well I can't promote my Lossarnach Axemen to masters. It's saying "No slot for promoting" while I have my army at 56/69 just like the northmen vets.

Also I'm finding problems recruiting units from captures people and asking for recruits via influence, both say I'm at full numbers when I'm not.

Just now I had to kick a Ithilien Ranger out to recruit a Dunedain master at arms and 4 warriors because of it while I'm finally getting a large amount of influence and want to raise some Rivendell infantry but it refuses for the same reason.

May I ask why the mods taken a kinda hiatus? from what I've got the feeling of the Wanker guy was the heart of it and he quit.

Am I right?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:34:45 AM by Beastro »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
Ouch.  Although, it has been a possibility for a while now.   Did he just suddenly stop communicating, or were there hints of something coming up in his life?

He was back after a long break (he said he needed it before starting the port) and was actively working on the port, thus the preview and all... then he suddenly vanished without a word... never posted again or even logged in at the MBX forum or here anymore... more than 2 months have passed since we last heard from him. This is not like him at all. Even when he took the break, he would post something now and then, and he would always reply to the PMs.

we don't think he quit. Probably something bad happened. :/

As for the other problem, 0.808 might have fewer slots for different troop types than 1.011.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Beastro

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 04:28:32 PM »
Ouch.  Although, it has been a possibility for a while now.   Did he just suddenly stop communicating, or were there hints of something coming up in his life?

He was back after a long break (he said he needed it before starting the port) and was actively working on the port, thus the preview and all... then he suddenly vanished without a word... never posted again or even logged in at the MBX forum or here anymore... more than 2 months have passed since we last heard from him. This is not like him at all. Even when he took the break, he would post something now and then, and he would always reply to the PMs.

we don't think he quit. Probably something bad happened. :/

As for the other problem, 0.808 might have fewer slots for different troop types than 1.011.

OO that's not good.

I also ran into another bug with Galadriel where she keeps looping the end of the quest to save Orophin which I already did sucessfully, all she does is thank me and give me 2.5 each time.

The problem is that Celeborn got captured and she won't move on to giving the new quest to save him.

Is my game fooked?

Beastro

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »
There a way I could edit my save so I can't unselect the Orophin quest from my list?

I tried checking my save in microsoft word and it makes no sense.

Edit: Ok, I tried to edit the save by placing Celeborn in place of where it says Orophin and even remove Orophin and Minas Morgul and put in {s1} and {s3} respecively like the rest of the quest i have done yet have and I only get an error from it:

Load error: Number of quests in file:  21233664, exceeds 93

I'm not all the programing savvy so I don't know what to do if I can't get rid of this quest loop.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:46:24 PM by Beastro »

DaBlade

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
I don't think it's possible to edit a saved game. Have you tried getting that quest from another Lord/place?

Remember you're playing a beta version (not as stable as an official release), so things can get messy... on the other hand, you get some goodies which weren't part of the previous version...

Beastro

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
I don't think it's possible to edit a saved game. Have you tried getting that quest from another Lord/place?

Remember you're playing a beta version (not as stable as an official release), so things can get messy... on the other hand, you get some goodies which weren't part of the previous version...

I tried but none of the other elven lords will even hand a quest out to me. Do I need to up my influence with Lothlorien first?

I knew about others giving quest because right before Celeborn got captured the Castellan of West-Emnett gave me the quest to save Elfhelm from Isengard.

The only reason Galadriel gave me quests was because I did the assassinate the sorcerer of Mirkwood quest and got the Elf Friend trait. I thought the trait would work for other lords giving quests but apparantly it doesn't.

I dunno, not only can I not get Celeborn now but I can't get any future elf lords that get caught to... if thats the case I might as well start over.

.... unless it's a bug built into 1.14.1.  :(

DaBlade

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
Well, if that quest got bugged I don't know what could fix it. It always worked for me as far as I can remember... But if you get rescue missions from other factions you should be able to keep in your party all the captured heroes that you find, including Celeborn.

Beastro

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 10:49:08 PM »
Well, if that quest got bugged I don't know what could fix it. It always worked for me as far as I can remember... But if you get rescue missions from other factions you should be able to keep in your party all the captured heroes that you find, including Celeborn.

Yeah, I already have Orophin.

I guess I'll be restarting my game, if it happens again it'll suck big time, might break the game for me.

Oh, I also started a game on the side of Mordor and the game crashes when I try and do a pit fight.

VstarLoss

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »
Just charge straight into Minas Morgul and rescue Celeborn from there. This bug about rescuing multiple friendly-faction heroes has existed from the original 2.4, and if the quest mechanism works the same way you should have no problem doing this.