login

Author Topic: [SWC] Developers Log and status updates  (Read 207726 times)

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • ´┐ŻStar Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
Re: ╗SWC: Developers Log and status updates
« Reply #600 on: June 29, 2010, 12:29:38 PM »
Right, just as an update, I'm back on working with models again. Rigging the new stormtrooper has been a bit of a slow process even with the awesome OpenBRF program on hand, but it's almost done, and I'll release a small patch for anyone wanting to test the higher poly model. After that, I'll probably do some generic static models until I have the willpower to rig again.

As an aside, I liked the specular texture added in the last release. I'm no good at specular or bump maps (in that I don't know how to do them), so it's appreciated.

I have not added any specular map, it's a built-in customised shader... But only looks good with the right luminescence and colour, otherwise it clearly looks fake and unnatural.
Please send me your mail so I can add you in the repository and work over the latest files.
My Mount&Blade Tools: ´┐Ż Iron Launcher for Warband ´┐Ż Iron Launcher ´┐Ż Font Customiser ´┐Ż WarKit

Revan Shan

« Reply #601 on: June 29, 2010, 02:44:25 PM »
Cool that you're back.

And by the way, could you make the snowtrooper armour after the stormie is done? It's a total musthave for the final version...

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #602 on: June 29, 2010, 03:18:08 PM »
I agree.

Nerdman3000

« Reply #603 on: June 29, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
And while your at it the Dark Trooper Armour and Shadow Trooper Armour.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2010, 04:35:57 AM »
You might want to keep your eyes open when playing. Those are already in.
EDIT: My bad, the dark trooper isn't, because it looks retarded.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #605 on: July 01, 2010, 01:18:02 AM »

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
My Mount&Blade Tools: ´┐Ż Iron Launcher for Warband ´┐Ż Iron Launcher ´┐Ż Font Customiser ´┐Ż WarKit

retnu14

« Reply #607 on: July 01, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »
I would like to see a dark trooper armor set too I am sure that he has enough work on his hands already

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #608 on: July 01, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »
I would like to see a dark trooper armor set too I am sure that he has enough work on his hands already

Did you actually bother in move your eyes 14,7 cms up?
He said that his graphic card has exploded in a fireball toasting all its circuits  :)

The best thing he can do until Santas came will be go to the beach all the summer, not lots of troopers for you...  ;)
Sorry but it's true...  :idea:

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
Okay, I'm now borrowing a neighbour's spare graphics card from work, as the old one is beyond repair. What're the best NVidia cards at the moment, anyone?

Oh right, M&B... Well, I managed to take some screenshots without frying anything. The new stormtrooper armour is much more detailed, has a better shaded texture, and should hopefully give the illusion of the armour being in solid bits so the white won't stretch, and you'll see the black undersuit when the chest moves at an angle.

This is a more graphically demanding model, so if people want to test it out, I'll upload a small patch file.

Before I move on to the snowtrooper, I'll also modify this model to give the stormtrooepr officer/sandtrooper a much needed update.

Reilnur

« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
Lovely work, I wouldn't mind trying it out.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #611 on: July 01, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »
Okay, here's the patch. Just unzip it into your SWC folder. I'd recommend making a backup file of the brf file, however, especially if your PC isn't the fastest.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e9vogz

Revan Shan

« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2010, 06:07:10 AM »
Yeah... Much better. Specially chest and shoulders. Just one thing, could you make it less thick all over? (except the helmet)

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2010, 06:24:49 AM »
Yeah, I'll make the arms thinner. The rest is fine, though.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 02, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »
hey, guys!   Just wanted to write a quick post and say that yes I am alive, but real life is still very busy so I haven't had any time to think about SWC.   Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to change anytime soon, so I'm not sure when or if I'll really have time to take an active role in this project again...  Anyway, I watched the latest video's and downloaded and briefly played the most recent version it really looks great.  The AI improvement makes a huge difference and a lot of changes like the graphic tweaks and the rancor were great to see.  I was very happy and excited to see the latest release when I checked moddb a few days ago and feel the mod is in good hands.  Anyway, I wish you guys good luck in the future and will try to check in on the forums a little more often, etc.

edit:  I loved seeing the new scenes and the stormtrooper above look great too!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:11:50 AM by HokieBT »