login

Author Topic: [SWC] Developers Log and status updates  (Read 207728 times)

Offline Vector

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Developers Log and status updates
« Reply #585 on: May 31, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »
Looks great Swyter, I've been pretty busy lately but should hopefully get some time coming up soon to do some more SWC related work so if there is any thing that desperatly needs doing then post it up and i will take a crack at it.

Revan Shan

« Reply #586 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:02 AM »
Looks great Swyter, I've been pretty busy lately but should hopefully get some time coming up soon to do some more SWC related work so if there is any thing that desperatly needs doing then post it up and i will take a crack at it.

Desperatly:
-Hoth battle scene/s (snow battle scenes without rocks and trees)
-Coruscant battle scene/s (Coruscant walks/bridges without grass)
-Don't remember the planet, Recee? It has that old scene with the wood walls, a windmill... it needs to be replaced!

Other:
-Geonosis Arena
-Ship model for campaign map: Superstardestroyer.

-City scenes: Corellia, Coruscant, Hoth

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2010, 04:44:54 AM »

I think that scenes should be lightly improved, the main problem I saw is that we're using reskined native scene props (resized walls as high buildings... ) This lack of new specific scene props can limit a lot the final look of the module, when I finish with the galactic map, I'll do some generic and specific scene props as city buildings, skyline skybox/skydomes
That makes the scenes more interesting, faking with low polys a lot of work...

Revan has good ideas, but don't feel limited by our suggestions, work for enjoyment, not for obligation...  ;)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Revan Shan

« Reply #588 on: June 01, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
We have to elliminate any possible filling of Native. Windmills... etc. Reskined medieval housed should die as well.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #589 on: June 01, 2010, 05:59:02 AM »
We have to elliminate any possible filling of Native. Windmills... etc. Reskined medieval housed should die as well.

Revan, Can you translate some extra parts of the mod? I'd do it myself, but I'm busy with other things... It can be awesome if we could have some dialogs translated.
PM me with your email and I'll add you as a member to the Assembla Dev's Home, so you can easily send files with new versions of the translation... What did you think?

@Vector, can you send me also yours... Have you experience with Subversion? We're using this for team working. Every member is working over the latest files in real time.

This is our Home: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swconquest
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:00:54 AM by Swyter »
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Revan Shan

« Reply #590 on: June 01, 2010, 06:04:02 AM »

Revan, Can you translate some extra parts of the mod? I'd do it myself, but I'm busy with other things... It can be awesome if we could have some dialogs translated.
PM me with your email and I'll add you as a member to the Assembla Dev's Home, so you can easily send files with new versions of the translation... What did you think?

@Vector, can you send me also yours... Have you experience with Subversion? We're using this for team working. Every member is working over the latest files in real time.

This is our Home: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swconquest

teutonicmike@hotmail.com

Schexy7

« Reply #591 on: June 01, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
You guys need to make it so the game recognizes the thermal detonators as explosive, because in the version I have, the game engine treats the detonators as a insta-kill throwing knife with no splash damage whatsoever.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
At last... I have moderator Rank - Some News
« Reply #592 on: June 13, 2010, 05:34:14 AM »
Well, officially today I'm a Star Wars: Conquest Moderator  :). Winter have just upgraded my rank.
So I'll try to do my best to keep the forum organized and well maintained.

The next release date have been fixed, Star Wars Conquest 0.9.0.3 | Beta will be released 27 June 2010.
Stay tuned. If you think you can improve the module, post your suggestions in the correct thread.

You can see the countdown here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest
And all the new Milestones system here: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swconquest/milestones/calendar

SWC 0.9.0.3: New features:
  • Graphic enhancements
  • New Galactic map
  • New planets
  • Completely new Artificial Intelligence by courtesy of Motomataru
  • Deep core optimization and intensive bug-fixing (almost  nothing because Hokie's code it's ultra stable)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:41:49 AM by Swyter »

Revan Shan

Re: At last... I have moderator Rank - Some News
« Reply #593 on: June 13, 2010, 06:52:22 AM »
Well, officially today I'm a Star Wars: Conquest Moderator  :). Winter have just upgraded my rank.
So I'll try to do my best to keep the forum organized and well maintained.

The next release date have been fixed, Star Wars Conquest 0.9.0.3 | Beta will be released 27 June 2010.
Stay tuned. If you think you can improve the module, post your suggestions in the correct thread.

You can see the countdown here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest
And all the new Milestones system here: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swconquest/milestones/calendar

• Graphic enhancements
  • New Galactic map
  • New planets
  • Deep core optimization and intensive bug-fixing (almost  nothing because Hokie's code it's ultra stable)

Incredible news. If only Happy finished the stormtrooper and the snowtrooper, and others did some other things... Cause the campaign map is almost perfect now. What we need is tons of scenes and objects.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #594 on: June 13, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »
Incredible news. If only Happy finished the stormtrooper and the snowtrooper, and others did some other things... Cause the campaign map is almost perfect now. What we need is tons of scenes and objects.

My next batch of models will be for the Warband release. Vanilla won't be able to handle the awesome.

Revan Shan

« Reply #595 on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:35 AM »

My next batch of models will be for the Warband release. Vanilla won't be able to handle the awesome.

Really? People would love to see new models for the next version. Keep in mind that in the later versions little or nothing was added to shops an planets. New stuff (including this next version) is for the campaign map... If you could do somth for the summer version it would be appreciated.

By the way, do you have any pics of your new work?

Titanshoe

« Reply #596 on: June 15, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
  • Graphic enhancements
  • New Galactic map
  • New planets
  • Deep core optimization and intensive bug-fixing (almost  nothing because Hokie's code it's ultra stable)

Is it for WB? :O! Well...  I doubt it but I would be really happy. :O!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:56:14 PM by Swyter »

Revan Shan

« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »
Is it for WB? :O! Well...  I doubt it but I would be really happy. :O!

No, not yet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:32:31 AM by Swyter »

Revan Shan

« Reply #598 on: June 18, 2010, 08:20:10 AM »
This might be useful in order to obstain a texture for the mandalorian armour. If we ever need it...

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2010, 12:19:07 PM »
Right, just as an update, I'm back on working with models again. Rigging the new stormtrooper has been a bit of a slow process even with the awesome OpenBRF program on hand, but it's almost done, and I'll release a small patch for anyone wanting to test the higher poly model. After that, I'll probably do some generic static models until I have the willpower to rig again.

As an aside, I liked the specular texture added in the last release. I'm no good at specular or bump maps (in that I don't know how to do them), so it's appreciated.