login

Author Topic: [SWC] Developers Log and status updates  (Read 181146 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Developers Log and status updates
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »
damn, nice eyesight, I figured people would just miss that.  ;)   As Tyrinius said, Happy Stormtrooper created and rigged a baby rancor which we added into the next release (village upgrade).   They work quite well if you need some infantry troops to keep the enemy busy.   Some screenshots (ignore spelling errors)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:27:03 PM by HokieBT »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:29 AM »

*@#$_*!@&!....   one damn (try_end) missing in the script that creates kingdom parties and it caused a major headache trying to bug hunt that.  Now that I fixed that issue the normal lords correctly spawn with troops, but the recruited lords still don't seem to have an army with them.   ???   I've never played a mod with kingdom management before so I don't know if that is 'normal' or not, but I think it makes sense they have some troops to start with, so I'm going to try and fix that as well....   I also want to try and make it so the recruited lords equipment and race change when you choose a culture, since it doesn't make sense for a human commander to lead a army of wookiees.    I also finished getting all the models that people have sent into the game so its good to be caught up with that, made some changes to sound effects, believe I've fixed it so there is faction specific town walkers, and copied the space station scene that Tyrinius made to be used for all battlestations on the map.  I'll probably also copy his Fondor scene and a few other ones to replace all villages, since I think it makes more sense to have duplicated scenes everywhere rather than just keeping the native ones.  Anyway, the main thing that is holding up a release is the kingdom management code, but now at least that bug is fixed I'm motivated to finish it up.  I'm not sure how long that will take, but if there are new models/scenes people want included then send them to me when you get a chance.  thx

SpartanPride

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »
That's great news, though, that you found the bug. Congratzz :D

Revan Shan

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
it doesn't make sense for a human commander to lead a army of wookiees. 

Why not? Grievous was from a different raze to human, Sev'Rance Tann and Thrawn were Chiss, Darth Maul was zabrak... and they commanded droid and human armies alike. Urrai Fenn is from another raze and commands Zann's units. No, it's not usual but perfectly posible.

SpartanPride

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »
^Those are all special cases, though. And for a default faction, I think Hokie's idea makes sense.

Revan Shan

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 02:27:47 PM »
It would be great if commanders were mixed. For example, you have a Twilek faction, and 8 from your generals are twilek, but one is hutt and another is mandalorian. SOme sort of random autoselection. Or maybe you could choose between some people... This is the best thing they could do, but I don't know if that's possible in MaB coding.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »

Its possible to code mixed commanders, and I'll probably do that if you choose a rebel/empire/hutt culture, but I think for the alien specific cultures it makes sense to keep them all the same race, etc.   I'll have to play a bit after I finish coding and it can always be changed later.

anyway, very good news, since I think I've finally got kingdom management figured out.   :P  It seems to now be working where your town/castle guards, recruits, soldiers in your garrisons/armies, commanders, etc, are all based on the culture you selected.  I also fixed the major issue where your lords weren't recruting or upgrading troops and now that seems to work as well.   There's still a bunch left to code and test, but a day or two ago I didn't have a clue how to fix this, but now I'm finally to the point where I think I can finish this up.  Few random screenshots from my testing today:

SpartanPride

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 12:02:27 AM »
Looks great!

How do the Lord's work? Are they just randomly generated when you need them?

Revan Shan

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 03:40:58 AM »
-Cool thing the clone merchant, though I would chage his name. Instead of 'CLone Era Merchant' give him the title of 'Clone Wars Era Merchant'. And by the way, it's cannonic for him to wear an armour, but it's still a little bit strange to have a merchant in full armour. COuld you make them so that they varied from planet to planet? One in full armour in COruscant, another without the helmet in Naboo...

-Could you add a 'Illegal Weaponry Merchant'. Incinerators and disruptors
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Incinerator_rifle
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Disruptor
-Another idea about this: perhaps instead of 'illegal weaponry merchant' you could just put twilek or weeqay, etc, so that the player has to find out who the merchant is. And if you get to ask people who aren't that type of merchand or aren't merchant's at all they should answer things like: What? I don't know anything about that. / I'll do as if I didn't hear you. ...

DIsruptor:

Clownmite

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »
-Another idea about this: perhaps instead of 'illegal weaponry merchant' you could just put twilek or weeqay, etc, so that the player has to find out who the merchant is. And if you get to ask people who aren't that type of merchand or aren't merchant's at all they should answer things like: What? I don't know anything about that. / I'll do as if I didn't hear you. ...

I suggested the same exact thing, except having this all happen in a cantina. However, there would be a risk that in your search for the illegal weapons, you would come across an aggrivated cantina patron, who would attack you. They would all have the same name (i.e. weequay), so the player would need to take a risk in order to access the illegal weapons.

Revan Shan

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
This way you would say that this weapons make the game unbalanced, as you would go on a real quest to find them.

And a Question, I heard smth about cantina fights, are they in this version (0.8)?

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »

probably no cantina fights yet, I'm more concentrating on bug fixes or bigger improvements (ie. kingdom management).

Minor update, but this change is for Happy Stormtrooper.  Now he can finally be the King of Wookieeland.   :lol:

Revan Shan

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2009, 02:08:45 AM »
I  see those pics and I cannot stop wondering... could you make moons and stations closer to the planet itself? The game doesnt feel as if you were travelling from one place to another. And remember, Kashyyyk's station has a name. And while the planet could be held as Rebel, the staion and moon (Trandosha) were of the Empire.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2009, 02:50:26 AM »

probably no cantina fights yet, I'm more concentrating on bug fixes or bigger improvements (ie. kingdom management).

Minor update, but this change is for Happy Stormtrooper.  Now he can finally be the King of Wookieeland.   :lol:

I was always King of Wookieeland!

I'm glad you added the ability to name the kingdom. Is it still done by applying your character name?

I may as well share it with the rest of you ruffians, here is the latest piece I've been working on, though it's nowhere near finished. It should look pretty cool once we've got some corpses tangled up in the yet-to-be-added tentacles.

Revan Shan

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2009, 03:15:43 AM »
WOw. A sharlak pitt! This remembers me of smth...

EXPANDED PLANETS

I see that you guys are making a lot of material for Tatooine, which is an icon of Star Wars. But you don't expand the planet itself. Tatooine Moon has a scene that it shouldn't have. That Moon has no atmosphere and should not have Tatooine's look.

What you could do for Tatooine and other planets is expand the scene itself, making it 'explorable', 'fightable'.

You land at Mos Eisley or a city of some sort, and then you walk to the outskirts and enter the dessert. There you could fight tuskens, visit Obi Wan's hause, the jawa sandrawler, the pitt, imperial and rebel bases... This should be possible to add.

Someone said that this game was awesome, but that the planets themselves gave the feeling of 'cities in space' where you don't get to roleplay, due to the little space of the scenes and lack of 'things to do' on the location.