Author Topic: [SWC] Developers Log and status updates  (Read 145512 times)

Pellidon

Re: SWC: Developers Log and status updates
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
That building will make a nice distant scene prop, Maybe if the texture gets varied and you make a few variations in shape and size, it will look like a complete city. There will also need to be some kind of platform or walkway on Coruscant too though, because the ground was a rare thing to see there.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »
The skyscraper is great, but I think you should texture it so that the windows start a bit higher off the ground. It looks a bit odd to see the windows ending into the dirt.
But it's awesome!

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 12:14:18 AM »
The skyscraper is great, but I think you should texture it so that the windows start a bit higher off the ground. It looks a bit odd to see the windows ending into the dirt.
But it's awesome!

Thats right but imagine how it save your time to get out of your house, just crawl out of your window andyou are out! ;)

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 01:10:22 AM »
But it's awesome!

Thats right but imagine how it save your time to get out of your house, just crawl out of your window andyou are out! ;)

You're right! And it would take the annoying 'breaking in' stuff off of the thieves' back.

Tyrinius

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 05:24:17 AM »
Sorry for answering that late. My Internet connection didn't work. a horrible time ;)

As I said, it was just a test to see if I get an item in game. I did not yet learn how to UV map and how to texture. For maikng a whole town out of skyscrapers it might make more sense to build some simple geometric structures with similiar textures.
Some kind of "build your own skyscraper" - kit. (reminds of the GECK...).

This concept would make it much easier to vary those village scenes easier, too. It doesn't need much knowledge to put some spheres, cubes, etc together in the ingame editor. If nothing speaks against this...

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »
as usually, my weekend was really busy so didn't get a chance to work on this much at all.  But few random updates....

Happy Stormtrooper was able to get the new jedi robes he made to automatically re-size when equipped on a female character.  If we tried to make the changes too drastic we had problems, but its a neat concept to finally get working and may have the potentially to work for other races (jawa, wookiee, gamorrean, etc).  However, the model needs to be modified and manually re-rigged, so at this point I doubt we'll bother doing this for most armor but its nice to see whats possible.  I don't have any screenshots but Tyrinius and Geroj did some new scenes that will be included in the next release which are very cool.  Vector has added a Yavin IV quick battle and has been working on other scene editing like Hoth and some battle scenes for the custom battles and when you click "Land and Fight on the Planet Surface" so there will be some variety.   I'm going to see if I can switch the skyboxes for each scene, but I'm not sure if that is possible yet.  I ran into a few problems trying to implement kingdom management, music, and some other fixes, but all stuff I think I can fix pretty easily.  Anyway, this isn't a complete list by any means, I just wanted to share some updates.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:20:46 PM by HokieBT »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »

I updated the mod description on this site and the TW forum.   Let me know if there is anybody I missed or there are other comments, thanks!

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »

well, I official hate trying to improve kingdom management to work with all races.   >:D     I've got it working so your recruits, castle guards, patrol ships, and most other stuff seems to be working, but the scripts that build your garrison and give armies to your recruited lords seem to be broken...  argh.   Your lords sit there without any armies at all which isn't good...   I've been looking at it for a few hours now and so far haven't been able to fix it.   This entire kingdom management concept is very cool, but its causing some headaches so I haven't been able to finish up other stuff like putting in models, music, working on sieges, etc....  So at this point I'm going to try and get caught up with any new models people have sent me, try to finish adding the blank music, and basically get a release ready with everything except a finished kingdom management.  Then hopefully by that time I'll be able to review the code again and see what the heck was happening with the KM code...

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 10:16:09 PM »

ok, I've been doing some work tonight and enjoy working on other stuff much better then kingdom management.  ;)    Anyway, I added a few females to the pirates, started to add more models into the game that people have recently sent, made better sound effects for the bullet hit, pass by, and horse jump noise, tested using one of the gangs of glasgow scenes as a sieges, disabled fog almost everywhere (I'm quite happy about this, the old fog was unplayable, see screenshot below), and switched the medpac to a bacta injector that uses bacta capsules and it no longer has to take up a weapon slot.  I know this isn't really from the star wars movies and people may abuse it, but I made it expensive and only heal 20hp and it is quite nice to use in battle.  Also, I though my problem with the lord spawning without troops was just with kingdom management, but actually its all lords...  ::)  So I need to try and fix that and hopefully when I do then the rest of kingdom management starts working better... 

Clownmite

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »
Are those screenshots (particularly 1st and 3rd) scenes from a siege battle?

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 06:45:36 AM »
Yeah, we are trying to add some better sieges.  :)

Revan Shan

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 10:39:48 AM »
Yeah, we are trying to add some better sieges.  :)

You could add boxes and speeders all over the place. Maybe even walking-around R2 series droids. And, of course, change the wood stairs for metallic ones.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:38:11 PM by Revan Shan »

Clownmite

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Yeah, we are trying to add some better sieges.  :)

It looks awesome so far!

Matthias1026

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »
Woah! Are those baby rancors?

Tyrinius

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 04:04:29 PM »