Author Topic: [SWC] Developers Log and status updates  (Read 145511 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Developers Log and status updates
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »

I've been busy in real life so coding for the next patch isn't going as quickly as I hoped but we have been working on it.  I did integrate the Kingdom Management from Highlander's Age of Machinery mod so that will be included in the next version.  Now I just need to fix the empire and rebels from making peace and then should be able to give a warning to the team to send their latest models and we can post an update.

alAshrad

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »
Don't want to spam the forums or anything, but....

YES! I love you Hokie! Been dying to have my own faction and stuff.  :D

Dibuk

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »

I've been busy in real life so coding for the next patch isn't going as quickly as I hoped but we have been working on it.  I did integrate the Kingdom Management from Highlander's Age of Machinery mod so that will be included in the next version.  Now I just need to fix the empire and rebels from making peace and then should be able to give a warning to the team to send their latest models and we can post an update.

That's very nice, it quite fit for SW also sence there where many small factions around that time, like the Jensaarai.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »
There previously was a really complicated formula that would randomly declare war/peace between the factions and while I had tried to modify this in the past, there were still times when Empire and Rebel could make peace...  I have basically removed that entire piece of code and replaced it with a much simpler script which make sure Empire & Rebel are always at war and gives the Hutt faction a low chance to randomly declare war/peace (they can only be in one war at once).  So I think this should fix the issue with Empire and Rebel being at peace in the 0.8.1 patch.

Otherwise the patch is almost ready to be released, but I'm going to delay it for a few more days since we're trying to add in a few new things.  I'm trying to add  blank MP3 files (ie. arena_#.mp3, fight_#.mp3, etc) so you can choose to replace those with real music if you want.  Several team members have created some new models or scenes so we'll try to add those as they are ready. Here's an example of a new throne room that TakiJap created (see pics below, we still need to add more lights, etc).  Also, Happy Stormtrooper had a good suggestion for the Kingdom Management we integrated into the next release which was to add all the aliens and other mercs as a culture.  So I'm trying to code it so when you switch your culture then all your town/castle guards change and also the troops that will be in your recruited lords armies will also change.  So if you want to create a wookiee, trandoshan, mandalorian, clone, or other faction then you will hopefully be able to do it.  But after I get this working I think we'll be ready for a release.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:56:54 AM by HokieBT »

Tyrinius

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »
That throne room looks amazing! And that culture thing is jsut perfect!

Revan Shan

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
You have cultures left:
-Mandalorian culture
-Trandoshan
-Twi'lek
-Republic (clones) culture
-CIS culture

Tyrinius

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 08:42:54 AM »
So if you want to create a wookiee, trandoshan, mandalorian, clone, or other faction then you will hopefully be able to do it.  But after I get this working I think we'll be ready for a release.

Sounds like it's a wip, doesn't it? ;)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 08:53:09 AM »

exactly.   the wookiee culture was just a test, I know I still need to code the other ones.

Revan Shan

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »
COuld you make it so that we can add more music. I mean... you officially add three songs in the mod, battle1.mp3, battle2.mp3 and battle3.mp3 for example, but we cann also add a battle4.mp3, battle5.mp3, etc.

And a question: does the game admit mp3? or only ogg?

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 10:47:37 AM »

I'll try and include instructions on how to add music, and can answer more questions after we post the next release, but you'll be able to just cut-n-paste a similar line from music.txt and you should be able to add as many tracks as you want.  The game supports mp3 format just fine, so that is what the blank files will be.

Pellidon

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »
About the factions, maybe it would be cool to have a smuggler culture. They focus on light fast ships with cargo space, but lose some of their firepower. Maybe that's a crappy idea, these brainstormed ideas tend to be stupid sometimes. I thought it was cool though. In later versions, the YT-1300 could be the map icon.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 12:58:56 PM »
^ Suggestions thread anyone?

Pellidon

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 06:47:59 PM »
^ Suggestions thread anyone?
Oh go away, does it really matter if some suggestions aren't posted in the exact right spot?

Tyrinius

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 12:51:52 AM »
Just a few impressions of my latest scenes. They are quite simple and there's plenty of room for adding stuff, so if anybody wants to work on more detail, let me know.

First a variation of the Fondor scene. Actually there's not much left from the original

And SWC's first spacestation, or floating ciy, or whatever you think it is ;)

Furthermure I started expanding my knowledge a bit today. I created my very first (not very impressive, but huge^^)  model and managed to put it ingame. But I still have much to learn before I can create usable scene props. I hope one day I'll be able to do some simpler stuff just for a bit of variation in the scenes.

obi

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »
Wow, really nice work