login

Author Topic: [SWC] Do you want to help this mod?  (Read 121587 times)

zahar

Re: SWC: Do you want to help this mod?
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2010, 10:57:30 am »
I will

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2010, 12:25:31 pm »

Nice texture, but the model, especially on the chest piece, is way off. Plus, we kind of... have a stormtrooper model.

The Mando's good. I'd personally be fine with it (once re-textured) replacing my Fett.

Revan Shan

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2010, 12:56:47 pm »

Nice texture, but the model, especially on the chest piece, is way off. Plus, we kind of... have a stormtrooper model.

The Mando's good. I'd personally be fine with it (once re-textured) replacing my Fett.

The helmet yo made is great, but personally I think that whole new armour is better, including chest. Thinner, more defined...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:18:32 pm by Revan Shan »

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2010, 01:06:23 pm »
Here some screenshots from the next modelpack

Nice convert Zahar, looks great.

I don't see what's wrong with the chest piece, it's thinner but due to the M&B Character proportions it doesn't matter too much.

Revan Shan

« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:27 pm »

I don't see what's wrong with the chest piece, it's thinner but due to the M&B Character proportions it doesn't matter too much.

Are you talking to me? I meant that I think the new stormtrooper armour from Zahar is great, and that I like it cause it's more defined and has a thinner body.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:22:16 pm by Revan Shan »

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2010, 01:31:07 pm »

Are you talking to me? I meant that I think the new stormtrooper armour from Zahar is great, and that I like it cause it's more defined and has a thinner body.

Lol No, i was agreeing with you and directed my reply towards Happy, hence the use of 'quotes'. ;)
Don't get me wrong i think Happy's stormtrooper is amazing, specially the work he put into the helmet how ever i feel this 'slimmed' Armour is more reflective of the Armour portrayed in the franchise.

zahar

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2010, 02:18:15 pm »
It is hard to tell whose model is beter when you see only the brf editor screenshots, not screenshots from the game  ;)
I think this model is beter (sorry happy stormtrooper) but its only for your deweloper team to deside which model will be included in your mod
This stormtrooper model is combined and reskined parts of clone trooper and stormtrooper model (from JA mods) so there is still problem with the chest I probably will reskin it again to make it looks beter
The reason I made this model is that I want to make a shadowtrooper, a 501st legion, a flametrooper and jettrooper reskins (based on the force unleashed stormtroopers) and also swamptrooper reskin (based on the commander gree textures)
I also want to make a real (dark force) shadowtrooper model (not reskin) but I dont think that would be in this modelpack (may be that would'nt be ewer)
I dont going to use the old or original JA stormtrooper model not becouse I dont like It (happy stormtrooper you model is great and helmets looks even beter than in original JA (I think the model of stormtrooper helmets in this mod beter that in the offical lucasart game) I probably use the old helmets in my reskin) but I dont going to use the old bodes becouse it would be hard to reskin it (plus I realy think this model is beter looks  :))

And the boba fett's armour is ready now (ower 15 mandolorian bodes are ready now)

Just one question, what do you guys think about neocrusader armor (it is my own reskin (it got red and yelow wersion))

And again there is some myne parts in this models I conwerted them and assigned to the bones, but still 80% it is others peoples work they wrote their own readme files and wrote there "you could use my work in yours mod just give me a credits" (dont forget this please)

Revan Shan

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2010, 02:46:24 pm »
Quote: there is still problem with the chest I probably will reskin it again to make it looks beter
- I think it looks great. I would have to look it ingame to get another point of view, but from the pic I can say it doesn't need a new reskin.

Quote: what do you guys think about neocrusader armor
- The neo crusader armour looks perfect. Maybe the best armour this mod has.

zahar

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2010, 03:00:37 pm »
Thanks!
And here some good news for you rewan shan, I am working on the conwersion of the darth rewan's robe so it will be in this modelpack (if I not get lazy)

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 03:20:33 pm »
If it's alright with you i will do some texture variations of the Mando-Armours to replace the current variations.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »
I'm not putting down the modeller, as you clearly have a tonne skill, but the shape of the armour pieces is just way off.

You guys need to just trust me, I've studied stormtroopers to an unhealthy degree, so I can get really nerdy about this stuff. I'm sitting three feet away from a full-scale screen-accurate suit.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2010, 04:04:26 pm »
Okay, he convinced me.

EDIT: Compared the new model to a picture of a stormtrooper, and even though this new one might even look better, it's really off, Happy is right.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:07:51 pm by Lux CC-4361 »

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 06:56:06 am »
I'm not putting down the modeller, as you clearly have a tonne skill, but the shape of the armour pieces is just way off.

You guys need to just trust me, I've studied stormtroopers to an unhealthy degree, so I can get really nerdy about this stuff. I'm sitting three feet away from a full-scale screen-accurate suit.

LOL i trust you  :D

zahar

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »
Here some screenshots of the stormtrooper model (as it seen in the game)

The Happy's model is left myne (there is only torso yet) is right...

And Vector it's great that you want to help, when I upload the modelpack It would be nice if you add some of your own reskin of the mandolorian model

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2010, 12:18:53 pm »
Neither model looks too great there, if I'm honest. We both fail at shoulders.