login

Author Topic: [SWC] Do you want to help this mod?  (Read 66973 times)

Tyrinius

Re: SWC: Do you want to help this mod?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »
That's how it will look aproximately.
Next on the list are variations of the shelves. I want to make it modular, so you can pile and combine them.

Revan Shan

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »
A rogue clone in the Mandalorian side! Cannonical and cool.

You know what doesn't work on that pic? The ceiling. It shouldn't be so high. It's way too high.

Tyrinius

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »

You know what doesn't work on that pic? The ceiling. It shouldn't be so high. It's way too high.

Actually there is no ceiling. I just quickly put some alls together as a background. The subject is the furniture ;)
That clonetrooper was just a test if I'm able to do a working retexture. And I must admit, I love that clonetrooper armor.
But I don't think we should include too much clone wars-related stuff, as people tend to get confused about what's this mod is about.

Revan Shan

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »

Actually there is no ceiling. I just quickly put some alls together as a background. The subject is the furniture ;)
That clonetrooper was just a test if I'm able to do a working retexture. And I must admit, I love that clonetrooper armor.
But I don't think we should include too much clone wars-related stuff, as people tend to get confused about what's this mod is about.

Ok

About furniture: It's ok for corellian corvettes like Tantive IV, or places like Alderaan (which is not in the game) and Bespin. But it's too white for that scenario. If we are talking about the models themselves then: perfect.

About the clone armour: I will always fight for the expanded universe and will like to see that armour in (mandalorian rogue clone trooper armour, or just rogue clone trooper armour, or even: rogue clone armour). Include whatever you want if it's cannonical. While the player sees thousands of stormtroopers everything is right, he will know it's the GCW.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

nice furniture, those are great!   I agree some color variations to the bookcases/desks/etc would be nice as well.

I do like the look of that armor re-texture, but agree I don't want to confuse people with too much clone stuff.   But I bet people might be able to create some cool texture variations, so it might be worth putting this type of stuff in a bonus chest, or maybe a 'unique item merchant' or something like that?   so if posters wanted to make some variations of armor and other stuff we could make it accessible, but not a major part of the game....

Revan Shan

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 01:43:56 PM »
Are 'awards' posible in this game? I mean... if you win a tournament or you complete a difficult mission you get some special armour.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:00:34 PM by Revan Shan »

Tyrinius

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »
nice furniture, those are great!   I agree some color variations to the bookcases/desks/etc would be nice as well.

I will certainly do some color/texture variations once I got all the furniture done. Shouldn't take much time.

DigohD

Starwars mod music
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 02:51:39 AM »
Hi!

I am interested in making the music for the mod, if still needed. I have made music for about 4 years, mainly uploaded and shared on www.newgrounds.com. My music has so far been top 10 several times and top rated by other music artists.

I have mainly produced techno/dance music before, but I need new challenges, so if you want to test me. Please send an email:

simpess@hotmail.com

You can get a sneak peak at following links:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/242393
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/158468
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/227118

hope to hear from you

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »

DigohD - thanks, I sent you a PM

Revan Shan

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:31 AM »
An unofficial pack of official SW music would still be better. I hope you keep that blank tracks system. Someone I* know will make the pack.

DigohD

Music or not?
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
Hi again!

So I'm a little confused with the music making here, if I make the music, can't you put it in as standard? People can switch later if they want to.

Please pm me as soon as possible.

I have been playing around a bit and have an idea for one of the tunes. I have attached it to this post. It's not finished yet though, got some mastering etc. to work on. Tell me what you think.

http://rapidshare.com/files/243110000/The_Last_Preparations.mp3.html

I call it the last preparations, when I was making it, I thought of the rebel army preparing for an invasion or something like that.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 08:57:38 AM »

yeah, I think I'll continue to finish coding blank music with generic names (arena_battle_#.mp3, etc).   Then, we could ship your music as the default, but if people want to switch it or create an alternative music pack then they could just replace those files.

I'll listen to this when I get home, thanks.   Feel free to create a new post on this forum when you can post your music and get some feedback from people, etc.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 12:40:07 AM »
I'm in for scene editing. PM me some really simple and short instructions on how to begin (and get into the scene I'm making/editing). I'll find my way around.
But I'll probably need some of those new scene props. I do not know how to get them in-game, so that might be a problem. Maybe you could send me the unfinished version and I'll do it there.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »

Lux - I'll send you a PM, thx

Tyrinius

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
Glad to hear we have another comrade-in-arms :)
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!