Author Topic: [SWC] Do you want to help this mod?  (Read 69008 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
[SWC] Do you want to help this mod?
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »
Turning Mount & Blade into Star Wars is a major project.  We feel that the gameplay, models, and other features in the 0.8 release is a good "core" to this mod but there is still more work to do.  We could use help with the following type of tasks, please post here or send me a PM if you would like to contribute to this mod.

• Models - new models, especially scene props to be used for scene editing
  • Scene Editing - new scenes need to be created for some towns and most castles and villages
  • Coding - we could REALLY use help with coding and trying to hunt down bugs in the module system
  • Textures - we could use help with re-texturing existing models to make more varieties of armor and other equipment
  • Music - due to copyright issues we are hesitant to include 'real' star wars music, let us know if you have any interest in creating custom music for this mod
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:16:26 AM by Swyter »

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »
Right now RYLOTH, GEONOSIS, NABOO scene is made by me -working on KASHYYK
YAVIN is made by Vector -he is working on HOTH and ENDOR (correct me Vector if i am wrong)
*Tyrinius made FONDOR
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:14:50 AM by Geroj »

Tyrinius

I finally have some spare time. Today I tarted work on a "variation" of my Fondor scene. Skyscrapers and that stuff, but no industrial flair. You will land in a tiny hangar bay^^

Furthermore I decided not to go as much into detail as i did in my previous scenes. On the one hand I currently don't have that much time and on the other hand i think it's better to have a bigger number of lower quality, but different village scenes than just a hand full of good ones.
When there are more star wars related scene props available it will be easier to create good scenes anyway.

Ah, I don't know for which planet(s) this scene should be used. Might be a job for Revan Shan ;)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile

sounds great!   Yeah, I think my vote would be to make a few very generic village scenes, with maybe only just a few buildings in them.  We could globally use those for all the villages, and while they would look similar at least it wouldn't be so obviously a native scene.  Then eventually we can replace those with higher quality scenes, etc.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
I've been quite busy lately so haven't had much time for working on this but i have nearly finished Endor.
Also just wanted to add 'Mustafar' to the list of scenes i'm working on.

Tyrinius

finished the "variation" of fondor. actually, there's not much left of the original scene.
it's quite empty atm. so if anyone wants to add some props there let me know and i send you the scene.

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
I have also lot of work to do BUT kashyyk is nearly in finish

Pellidon

I might be interested in doing some scene building work at some point, I'll let you guys know. I've been busy with random crap lately, and mod wise, I'm testing 1866, but eventually I'd like to try my hand at it. I'll let you guys know.

The Happy Stormtrooper

Guys, it's probably better to put your suggestions in the suggestion thread and leave this open for work that's actually being done/offered.

[Hokie] - agreed.   several of the above posts were moved to the suggestion thread.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 01:40:36 PM by HokieBT »

Tyrinius

Today I started building a low orbit spacestation as a village scene. Will probably be finished today.

EDIT: Scene is done and sent to HokieBT.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:56:52 AM by Tyrinius »

The Happy Stormtrooper

Re: SWC: Do you want to help this mod? - info on scene editing progress
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
I was just taking a break from armours, and started playing around with buildings on Wings3D. I've never made an object before, but started putting together the Endor bunker.

Would there be any interest in me finishing this model for usage?

EDIT: Updated the pic.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:20:51 PM by The Happy Stormtrooper »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »

that looks good, nice work!  You might want to send Vector a PM or hopefully he spots this thread since he has been working on the Endor scene.  He sent me some scene props for that and Hoth the other day and I'm adding those in so he can finish his scenes.  I didn't specifically see that bunker already created, so my guess is he could use it, or we could use it as a generic scene prop for other planets, etc.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:49 AM »
Very nice, I actually totally forgot about that model so it would be good to have that added as well.  :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:42:50 AM by Vector »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Do you want to help this mod? - scene editing progress report
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »

I tried to update the scene editing list at the top of this thread.   Let me know if there are any scenes people want to claim and I'm planning on trying to re-use some of the village scenes for other planets.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Do you want to help this mod?
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »

FYI - I moved the scene editing stuff to its own thread

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1799.0.html