Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 570532 times)

Revan Shan

Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #750 on: April 04, 2010, 11:28:14 am »
Hey guys. I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but snowtroopers or at least their armor ought to be in the game. Perhaps if the Imperials were to own any snowy planet, the garrison there would consist of snowtroopers. Just a suggestion  :)

I think someone may have called dibs on that last year (Vector?), but if not, I'll reserve it. Something to do over Easter. Plus, I need my name on the Empire as much as possible.

Great. Snowtroopers are really cool and I would love to make vids with them.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 04, 2010, 01:14:47 pm »
Hey guys. I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but snowtroopers or at least their armor ought to be in the game. Perhaps if the Imperials were to own any snowy planet, the garrison there would consist of snowtroopers. Just a suggestion  :)

I think someone may have called dibs on that last year (Vector?), but if not, I'll reserve it. Something to do over Easter. Plus, I need my name on the Empire as much as possible.

Great. Snowtroopers are really cool and I would love to make vids with them.

Yeah i did call dibs on Hoth, but I've gotten a little distracted with Map Models recently so by all means if any of you guys want to take over Hoth then your welcome to it.
Though i would probably redo those cruddy hoth scene models i did for it, those are failed-test ones that i really shouldn't have added.

Adraz Rhua

« Reply #752 on: April 05, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »
okay, completely random and relatively unimportant, but how about making a continuous-feed power generator backpack to be used as ammo for the T-21 (and could also be used as a larger ammo container).

As an aside i LOVE Wookiepedia. I went on to read a short article on the red guard and 2 hours later i'm still reading about some completely unrelated topic! It's amazing and so interesting!

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 06, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »
I'd like to suggest the ability to fight on the ship even when you're aiding an ally. Ryloth's battlefield is currently buggy and one of the armies tends to spawn outside of the battlefield, so it's virtually impossible to assist people who are too close to it.

Edit: While we're at it, the Nightfang pirates use the conversation of the steppe bandits when demanding a surrender. This is annoying, because the refusal button is in the opposite spot of every other bandit conversation in the game. In fact, why is it even possible to surrender during the conversation? Nothing is more annoying than losing all your equipment and companions because you pressed the wrong button, and there's a surrender button in the battle screen regardless.

Edit MKII: While we're at it, could you implement the hat/hair trick that Barf came up with in 1866? There's some really cool looking hats in this mod, but I don't like how they look without hair.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:08:09 am by Shatari »

Rhaegar14

« Reply #754 on: April 07, 2010, 07:06:45 pm »
First off, I'd like to say hats off. This is a great, huge mod and I really love it. There are a couple bugs, but I really can't complain given that the thing is still in beta.

My only real suggestion is with Force Powers. When I heard there was Force Lightning, I was thinking cone of destruction a la Knights of the Old Republic or maybe The Force Unleashed. Not a re-skinned throwing weapon.

I'm pretty sure you could manage some more abstract effects than the ones you have already, based on the spells mod you cited; higher-level force users don't engage single targets, they change the course of the battle. I'd really like to see some Area of Effect force powers, and maybe one or two utility powers (like an AoE barrier or healing).

Oh, and some Jedi/Sith Robes with higher armor would be cool too. I might be alone in this, but I don't like sacrificing the whole Sith Lord look because the Stormtrooper armor offers a lot more protection.

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 07, 2010, 10:56:16 pm »
Oh, and some Jedi/Sith Robes with higher armor would be cool too. I might be alone in this, but I don't like sacrificing the whole Sith Lord look because the Stormtrooper armor offers a lot more protection.
I used the item editor to create some armor enhancing gloves. I get around the same bonuses of the Beskar armor for the same price, but I get to choose how my characters look.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #756 on: April 08, 2010, 04:49:20 am »
My only real suggestion is with Force Powers. When I heard there was Force Lightning, I was thinking cone of destruction a la Knights of the Old Republic or maybe The Force Unleashed. Not a re-skinned throwing weapon.

You're right, the force powers are overpowered and underdeveloped (and they're ugly), we have been busy with other aspects of the game... when I finished some other important things I will work on that..
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher ï¿½ Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 12, 2010, 04:04:51 pm »
I just thought I'd call your attention to this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69530.0.html
Pentominoes with starships instead of blocks would be awesome.

Revan Shan

« Reply #758 on: April 13, 2010, 12:10:31 am »

I saw that before and thought it wouldbe really good as addition for possible quests on Korriban or Dantooine.

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 13, 2010, 05:57:25 pm »
With a bit of reskinning minesweeper could represent hacking, chess is common throughout the Star Wars universe, and actually getting Pazaak into the game (complete with customizable decks) would be awesome.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #760 on: April 14, 2010, 08:52:32 am »

Is this true? It sounds as a joke... minesweeper? pong? tetris? On Mount&blade?  :)

That's a really true total conversion... Wow!  ;)

PD: Has he implemented the Chess? It looks difficult to program as single player game...
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher ï¿½ Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 14, 2010, 01:11:27 pm »
Chess hasn't been added, but it would be really cool if SWC had it. Since we can apparently add some pretty impressive games to the mix, I figure why not shoot for the moon?

Unrelated: I tried running a human based army, and I've got to say that they're quite terrible. They really need some better equipment (why do none of the armies use the mercenary helmet, and what good are sunglasses to a foot based rifleman?) and the AI armies should recruit soldiers instead of thugs. I've fixed them up a bit using the troop editor, but that doesn't affect my save.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:48:07 pm by Shatari »

ZachC23

« Reply #762 on: April 15, 2010, 10:54:53 am »
 Someone might have already said this but my suggestion is to make the battle driod culture, (the battle droids in the Clone Wars)

Another suggestion is to change how every ship looks the same in the inside when I "walk around" I could be in a tie fighter but feel like I am walking around a capital ship. So changing each interior and making each unique would be very nice.

Another suggestion is when a player  makes his/her own kingdom, that no matter what the culture is the patrol ships and ship lords look like the old versions of the x wings in the clone wars. Fixing that would also be nice if you arent already doing that.

Now a creative suggestion I have is that for a ship battle, the offensive force is on a transport ship going into the enemy ships dock harbor. door opens*like a siege tower effect* and the battle begins.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #763 on: April 15, 2010, 11:53:37 am »
Someone might have already said this but my suggestion is to make the battle driod culture, (the battle droids in the Clone Wars)

Another suggestion is to change how every ship looks the same in the inside when I "walk around" I could be in a tie fighter but feel like I am walking around a capital ship. So changing each interior and making each unique would be very nice.

Another suggestion is when a player  makes his/her own kingdom, that no matter what the culture is the patrol ships and ship lords look like the old versions of the x wings in the clone wars. Fixing that would also be nice if you arent already doing that.

Now a creative suggestion I have is that for a ship battle, the offensive force is on a transport ship going into the enemy ships dock harbor. door opens*like a siege tower effect* and the battle begins.

Interesting suggestions... specially your "creative" one  :idea: About the second one, I think that was already talked, but ignore if there's someone working on new ship scenes... This should be easy.

When I've time, I add some of these to the "My Personal List of Things to Do..."  ;)

tryteyker

« Reply #764 on: April 15, 2010, 12:19:12 pm »
Nice suggestions ZachC23 :)
But If you realice that with the Tie Fighter and something like that, then reduce the max. Companylimit to maybe 2 with the Tie Fighter and much more with the capital ships, because it's unreal if I have 600 Man on a Tie Fighter what looks so small.
And, If you can realize that, better Animations with the Force Choke. AND (!) don't let the Sith cheat! When I bought Force Kill, I can't use it with my lightsaber. I go into the cantina and killed them all with Force Kill. When I stand too near an civilian, I knocked unconscious me. In a battle, I want to fight a Sith apprentice with my lightsaber and hoped for a epic fight, BUT the Sith killed me, a jedi, with just one hit. Force KILL! He had his lightsaber out.