Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 570542 times)

Ratzor

Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #735 on: March 30, 2010, 07:02:05 am »
A wider variety of bandits. Some I had in mind:

- NaQoit bandits
- Mandalorian Raiders
- Order of Independent trade
- Lok Revenants
- Invids
- Norulac Freebooters
- The Scourge
- Lorell raiders
- Lumini Pirates
- Falleen Outlaws
- Zann Consortium

You can make them area bound like sea raiders and mountain bandits in vanilla so they don't run around the whole map :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:23:46 am by Ratzor »

Domenique

« Reply #736 on: March 30, 2010, 11:05:30 am »
I made this for Character creation, use it if you want.

Create a Charcter Options:

A long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away....The galaxy is in the grip of Darkness;
The Jedi have been nearly eliminated and the Sith have almost won.
The republic is no more and an Empire is born from it's remains.
From the darkness has risen hope, a rebellion, born thanks to the courage of a jedi named Galen Marek.
The Hutt clans have taken the sutiation into that of money making and blood is shed across the galaxy.
Then from the Horizen rises you; You were a special child, you took on the job of your father.
Your Father was....

1. A Jedi: A Jedi Knight, your father broke the law of the Jedi Order as he fell in love with your mother and had you.
Your mother, who was also a jedi, helped raise you along with your father in the lower dirty levels of Coruscant.
Even after he was expelled from the order, he loved you with all his heart.
He lived that fateful Order 66 because you were born.
As you grew he tought you the ways of the force, and teaching you to become a jedi.

2. A Smuggler: A smuggler, once your father was drunk and you began the cycle that is birth.
Though you never knew him, you knew his name and career.
Instead you had a step-father who tought you every skill you know now.
In the world of Corilla you fould things tough and hard.

3. A Soldier: A soldier who abondoned the clone army, he helped raise you since you were born.
Teaching you to fight and battle, you became something he failed at, a warrior.
Even in the World of Mandalore, you felt safe with him watching over you.

4. A Mercanary: A Mercanery, your father lived in a world were he only saw you 2 months every year.
Hardly knowing him, you never truly exepted his descisions.
When you did see him, he tought you skills you'd need to know to survive.
Even when he wasen't around, you raced your friends in the ruins of Taris locating in the Undercity, hoping to be as adventous as him.

5. A Farmer: A farmer, your father taught you to farm and and trade in the farm his family had lived in for decades.
Helping to trade and sail the rivers of Dantooine

6. A Nomad: A nomad on the deserts of Tatooine, you were born in a state of constont change.
Learning to hunt Bantha and fed of Tusken Radiers, you were able to care for the Nerfs you protected.
Relying on skill and movement, you learned to care for prisoners and fight looters.

7. A Bounty Hunter: Even though your father was a Bounty Hunter, you were concidered a accident and mistake.
You fought to survive in the huge world you lived in called Nal Hutta.
Being uncared for a alone, you never knew your parents.
Raised up by the hutts, they tought you will power and guidence.
You were destined to be a what your father was, a Bounty Hunter.

8. A Ambasador: A Ambasador in the World of Naboo, your father and mother died when you were young.
Taken up by your Uncle, you leaned to speak and dress properly though the land around you.
With High Charisma and Persuadion, you became the spiting image of your father's famous personality.

9. Slave (Different diolog for each species, Slaves follow masters, while the controls of the ship in the galactic view are master represented, on planets a slave is controlled.
They can't go to main halls, and there quests are different from others, but they story is one of hope, and is fun to see.

A Wookie Slave: A slave on the planet Kashyykk, your father was imprisoned along with you.
Made to work, you leaned to use Tools to help make things possible with your mind, hoping to escape, you follow your master to the day you escape.

A Female Slave: A slave born on Ryloth, you were forced to dance and entertain for those who paid for you service, wanting to escape, the future was unknown.

A Male Slave: Born on Ryloth, you were forced to work helping and moving. You want to escape, like most slaves do.

10. Engineer (Only for Droids): A Droid built on Byss, you help fix things across the galxy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I'll get to work on Taris for you.

Lots of grammatic mistakes, some sentences are meaningless like 'The Hutt clans have taken the sutiation into that of money making and blood is shed across the galaxy. '. No offence but this is the same as 'I've just finished my homework and shit is spread all over the city'. It's meaningless. But I still admire the work you've put in this, it just really needs improvement IMO :).

And your father isn't supposed to be image of you, he's just your father. For example i've taken a smuggler dad and still was a jedi, though I started playing as a smuggler.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:08:57 am by Domenique »

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 30, 2010, 01:26:09 pm »
I made this for Character creation, use it if you want.

Create a Charcter Options:

A long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away....The galaxy is in the grip of Darkness;
The Jedi have been nearly eliminated and the Sith have almost won.
The republic is no more and an Empire is born from it's remains.
From the darkness has risen hope, a rebellion, born thanks to the courage of a jedi named Galen Marek.
The Hutt clans have taken the sutiation into that of money making and blood is shed across the galaxy.
Then from the Horizen rises you; You were a special child, you took on the job of your father.
Your Father was....

1. A Jedi: A Jedi Knight, your father broke the law of the Jedi Order as he fell in love with your mother and had you.
Your mother, who was also a jedi, helped raise you along with your father in the lower dirty levels of Coruscant.
Even after he was expelled from the order, he loved you with all his heart.
He lived that fateful Order 66 because you were born.
As you grew he tought you the ways of the force, and teaching you to become a jedi.

2. A Smuggler: A smuggler, once your father was drunk and you began the cycle that is birth.
Though you never knew him, you knew his name and career.
Instead you had a step-father who tought you every skill you know now.
In the world of Corilla you fould things tough and hard.

3. A Soldier: A soldier who abondoned the clone army, he helped raise you since you were born.
Teaching you to fight and battle, you became something he failed at, a warrior.
Even in the World of Mandalore, you felt safe with him watching over you.

4. A Mercanary: A Mercanery, your father lived in a world were he only saw you 2 months every year.
Hardly knowing him, you never truly exepted his descisions.
When you did see him, he tought you skills you'd need to know to survive.
Even when he wasen't around, you raced your friends in the ruins of Taris locating in the Undercity, hoping to be as adventous as him.

5. A Farmer: A farmer, your father taught you to farm and and trade in the farm his family had lived in for decades.
Helping to trade and sail the rivers of Dantooine

6. A Nomad: A nomad on the deserts of Tatooine, you were born in a state of constont change.
Learning to hunt Bantha and fed of Tusken Radiers, you were able to care for the Nerfs you protected.
Relying on skill and movement, you learned to care for prisoners and fight looters.

7. A Bounty Hunter: Even though your father was a Bounty Hunter, you were concidered a accident and mistake.
You fought to survive in the huge world you lived in called Nal Hutta.
Being uncared for a alone, you never knew your parents.
Raised up by the hutts, they tought you will power and guidence.
You were destined to be a what your father was, a Bounty Hunter.

8. A Ambasador: A Ambasador in the World of Naboo, your father and mother died when you were young.
Taken up by your Uncle, you leaned to speak and dress properly though the land around you.
With High Charisma and Persuadion, you became the spiting image of your father's famous personality.

9. Slave (Different diolog for each species, Slaves follow masters, while the controls of the ship in the galactic view are master represented, on planets a slave is controlled.
They can't go to main halls, and there quests are different from others, but they story is one of hope, and is fun to see.

A Wookie Slave: A slave on the planet Kashyykk, your father was imprisoned along with you.
Made to work, you leaned to use Tools to help make things possible with your mind, hoping to escape, you follow your master to the day you escape.

A Female Slave: A slave born on Ryloth, you were forced to dance and entertain for those who paid for you service, wanting to escape, the future was unknown.

A Male Slave: Born on Ryloth, you were forced to work helping and moving. You want to escape, like most slaves do.

10. Engineer (Only for Droids): A Droid built on Byss, you help fix things across the galxy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I'll get to work on Taris for you.

Lots of grammatic mistakes, some sentences are meaningless like 'The Hutt clans have taken the sutiation into that of money making and blood is shed across the galaxy. '. No offence but this is the same as 'I've just finished my homework and shit is spread all over the city'. It's meaningless. But I still admire the work you've put in this, it just really needs improvement IMO :).

And your father isn't supposed to be image of you, he's just your father. For example i've taken a smuggler dad and still was a jedi, though I started playing as a smuggler.

It's a nice attempt but it's a fairly 'butchering' use of the English language, if we were to use this or similar in game it would have to be grammatically correct, free of spelling errors and generally the sentences would need to be better worded.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

« Reply #738 on: March 31, 2010, 09:00:05 am »
Uniforms:

Are there any plans to include "real" Grand Admiral uniforms ?

?

I really like the white uniforms ingame, but they don't have these fancy blue - red - gold badges.   :)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:05:23 am by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Dapaperboy

« Reply #739 on: April 01, 2010, 08:10:26 am »
change 1: it seems that the force lightning "bullet" shoots from 5 feet in front of the character (or it the lightning actually shoots, but the bullet is only visible from 5 feet and on)

change 2: maybe for jedi/sith/force masters an improved (or modified) version of Force Lightning and Force Push is necessary. since the force lightning "bullets" are lightning bolts, a Force Storm could be multiple lightning bolts or the original Force Lightning bolt can just be widened.  a similar thing could be used for Force Wave to knock more soldiers down. i do realize that Force Storm  and Force Wave would be OP (overpowered)

change 3: for the force kill/knock down ability, i think a large/giant fist (it will probably lag me and other people out as well) would be a cool "bullet" to knock them down/kill them (i do realize that this will most likely not happen)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:17:31 pm by Dapaperboy »

Domenique

« Reply #740 on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »
i do realize that Force Storm  and Force Wave would be OP (overpowered)

like pretty much the jedi are

MasterFlorin

« Reply #741 on: April 02, 2010, 07:49:30 am »
Some suggestions: Smiley Wink
 I know this game is heavily based on the GCW period but it needs some variations for Clone troopers. Because it has only ARC and the normal clone(sergent,lieutenant etc.).
 So it needs some classes like sharpshooter,engineer.
 Clone trooper>ARC sergent
                    >Clone sergent
                    >Clone sniper>Sharpshooter(I know they are the same thing but make it like this, sniper with Phase I armor, and sharpshooter with Phase II).
                    >Clone engineer(he could have the ability of a pilot, he could ride a speedbike during battles like the Rebel Pilot).

I'm sorry because I made a new topic about on matter. :-[

Revan Shan

« Reply #742 on: April 02, 2010, 08:17:26 am »
Some suggestions: Smiley Wink
 I know this game is heavily based on the GCW period but it needs some variations for Clone troopers. Because it has only ARC and the normal clone(sergent,lieutenant etc.).
 So it needs some classes like sharpshooter,engineer.
 Clone trooper>ARC sergent
                    >Clone sergent
                    >Clone sniper>Sharpshooter(I know they are the same thing but make it like this, sniper with Phase I armor, and sharpshooter with Phase II).
                    >Clone engineer(he could have the ability of a pilot, he could ride a speedbike during battles like the Rebel Pilot).

I'm sorry because I made a new topic about on matter. :-[

Phase 2 armour is the same as 1, except for the helmet. And we don't have the helmet (yet).

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #743 on: April 02, 2010, 10:38:49 am »
And we don't NEED the helmet either. Or any expansions on the clone subject.

Domenique

« Reply #744 on: April 02, 2010, 11:13:17 am »
And we don't NEED the helmet either. Or any expansions on the clone subject.

My thoughts exactly.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #745 on: April 02, 2010, 12:57:32 pm »
I know this game is heavily based on the GCW period but...

"Heavily based on"? No, PURELY based on.

History lesson: A very talented modeller by the name of Barf made some great models for a mod based on the Clone Wars. As far as anyone could ever tell, the mod never actually got further than having those models. So, Barf's hard work would have gone to waste due to crap team members, had Hokie not included them in SWC as Easter egg content. They were never intended to be a major part of the mod.

It should also be noted that Barf is not an active member of the SWC, and instead works on other non-Star Wars mods. So, don't expect to see clone suggestions taken on board.

What annoys me, is that I could easily find time to return to the modelling scene, but when every topic becomes "we need clones with the orange stripe!", what's the motivation?

Domenique

« Reply #746 on: April 03, 2010, 12:18:57 am »
I know this game is heavily based on the GCW period but...

"Heavily based on"? No, PURELY based on.

History lesson: A very talented modeller by the name of Barf made some great models for a mod based on the Clone Wars. As far as anyone could ever tell, the mod never actually got further than having those models. So, Barf's hard work would have gone to waste due to crap team members, had Hokie not included them in SWC as Easter egg content. They were never intended to be a major part of the mod.

It should also be noted that Barf is not an active member of the SWC, and instead works on other non-Star Wars mods. So, don't expect to see clone suggestions taken on board.

What annoys me, is that I could easily find time to return to the modelling scene, but when every topic becomes "we need clones with the orange stripe!", what's the motivation?

I don't know a shit about moddeling, but since warband's out and SWC will need to be ported, I think it will need modelers to map or whatever the shaders on the models (well do something on them that the shaders would look nice, like in the warband), I think this might take time. Is the SWC team even going to do it?

Tfett

« Reply #747 on: April 04, 2010, 10:38:47 am »
Hey guys. I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but snowtroopers or at least their armor ought to be in the game. Perhaps if the Imperials were to own any snowy planet, the garrison there would consist of snowtroopers. Just a suggestion  :)

Revan Shan

« Reply #748 on: April 04, 2010, 10:47:13 am »
Hey guys. I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but snowtroopers or at least their armor ought to be in the game. Perhaps if the Imperials were to own any snowy planet, the garrison there would consist of snowtroopers. Just a suggestion  :)

Well, the Empire owns Rhen Var...

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #749 on: April 04, 2010, 11:08:55 am »

I think someone may have called dibs on that last year (Vector?), but if not, I'll reserve it. Something to do over Easter. Plus, I need my name on the Empire as much as possible.