Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 503177 times)

ClanMcRae_A

Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #825 on: August 03, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »
I know from reading previous entries in the forum that you've played with the thought of alternate skeletons. I recently tried out the Beserker's Revenge mod and he has alternate skeletons. And from what I could gather from his forum was that Barf and Swyter were instrumental in making it possible. Seeing as I've seen both mentioned parties in this forum I'm curious what has stopped you?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #826 on: August 04, 2010, 02:11:15 AM »
I know from reading previous entries in the forum that you've played with the thought of alternate skeletons. I recently tried out the Beserker's Revenge mod and he has alternate skeletons. And from what I could gather from his forum was that Barf and Swyter were instrumental in making it possible. Seeing as I've seen both mentioned parties in this forum I'm curious what has stopped you?

Warband, don't worry. When everything is ported, racial skeletons will be the first thing that I'll do.  ;)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Adraz Rhua

« Reply #827 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:53 AM »
Would it be possible to create the Gran? They're one of my favourite races in the Star Wars universe. They wouldn't even have to be a playable race, just a helmet head would be awesome!

Anyway, regardless of what I think, keep up the good work! You're doing great

Regards

Adraz Rhua

bigfan

« Reply #828 on: August 06, 2010, 07:53:05 PM »
Hello all, I've been following you guys for years (the user-name might have already given that away) but only just now decided to make an account and post. First I'd like to say that as a Star Wars mega-nerd, this is the best realization of the SW Universe that I have ever seen in any mod or even officially-made game. Lucas should take notes.

My Suggestions: These suggestions will have realistic minor ones but it will be mostly complicated unrealistic ones that are probably asking too much :p. And please dont take it as a criticism because I already love the mod the way it is but these are all the things I would implement if I had the capacity to do so

-There might be a much more interesting/creative way you could handle the recruitment/use of Jedi/Sith units. I remember that in the 1200 Europe mod Cruger had spoke of making knight orders tied to certain factions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91015.0.html . It seems to me like the hand fitting the glove perfectly with this mod by creating a "Jedi Order" aligned with the Rebel Alliance, and a Sith once associated with the Empire.

-Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader have not been done justice. They aren't fast enough or strong enough. I modified the mod to somewhat fix this by making their strength and agility approximately 125 and 175 agility. However my lack of coding makes that "fix" turn into another problem which you probably already guessed. With 175 agility you don't just have the guy fighting really dangerously and fast (like in Ep. 3) but you have a guy running around all over the place lightning fast. A possible fix (that I cant do) is to code it so that he is in permanent walking-mode like the commoners in towns and villages. Even his walk will be more like a trot but I think its a worthy sacrifice to get a more  accurate representation of Palpatine's and Vader's martial capability on the battlefield.

-Realistic factions vs need for game balance. The factions are fairly balanced, but should they be? I think that in the mod the Empire should be a little stronger than the Rebel Alliance in terms of territory. Assuming time and effort was not an issue and I knew how to do it, I would add 2 more cities 4 more castles and 12 more villages exclusively for the Empire. The two cities could be Korriban and Onderon for which you can probably just use scenes from other planets with tons and tons of options for the castles/villages.

-More scripted events/quests. If Rebels take Coruscant their faction gets renamed New Republic or Galactic Alliance. Quest to become a Jedi/Crime lord/General.

-If you intend on adding more races in the new port perhaps making more of those totally awesome racial based troop trees? Also make them recruitable at their planet. For instance I want Zabrak recruits and I want a ton of them, so instead of going to the cantina I go to Iridonia and select "Recruit Natives" and get a ton more.

-Edit a very select few of the castle/village planets (or make new planets) to be in a "Independent Worlds" faction. This faction will never go to war with the big powers and allows the player a way to start his own faction without having to kick the Empire/Rebels/Hutts bears in the mouth.

-Modified Invasion script. Introduce the invasion script to make the galaxy a more military interesting place in one of two ways. You could just mirror the original Invasion script and make it armies of Mandalorians or Sith or something. Or perhaps modding the script into some kind of "revolt armies" script. Scenario: The Empire holds Rodia and their prosperity has gone to hell and been there for a while. Some kind of low probability trigger goes off and Rodians decided they've had enough and 2-7 parties of Rodian armies spawn and they go straight for the nearest Imperials.

-Companions revisited. Most of the companions are great, but during this time period there is just so many other characters that could probably make greater companion characters. Easiest way is to just edit the existing ones into new ones, or if you want to go crazy make them completely brand new on top of the ones already there.

-The lightsaber styles. If the ability to create animations is easier with warband than original have maybe an alternative animation for a certain lightsaber. For instance you make a curved-hilt lightsaber and animate the attacks to look alot more like Count Dooku's fencing, and I just go to the marketplace and buy the lightsaber that says Makashi Lightsaber.

-Faster Day/Night Cycles. Since you dont have to really worry about day/night cycles with a galactic map why not increase the "speed" of time so that instead of conquering the entirety of the galaxy from scratch in 2 months that same time period is scaled to 2 years, for example?

I actually have a ton more but I forgot most of them. Will post if I remember them :p Thanks for the amazing modification.

bigfan

« Reply #829 on: August 06, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »
Another thing that I failed at that would be great for a mod: Wrist rocket or wrist flamethrower. It's the wrist blaster with illegal weaponry firepower. I tried to mod it myself thinking it was simple and completely utterly failed at it. :|

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #830 on: August 07, 2010, 04:55:32 AM »
Hello all, I've been following you guys for years (the user-name might have already given that away) but only just now decided to make an account and post. First I'd like to say that as a Star Wars mega-nerd, this is the best realization of the SW Universe that I have ever seen in any mod or even officially-made game. Lucas should take notes.

My Suggestions: These suggestions will have realistic minor ones but it will be mostly complicated unrealistic ones that are probably asking too much :p. And please dont take it as a criticism because I already love the mod the way it is but these are all the things I would implement if I had the capacity to do so

-There might be a much more interesting/creative way you could handle the recruitment/use of Jedi/Sith units. I remember that in the 1200 Europe mod Cruger had spoke of making knight orders tied to certain factions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91015.0.html . It seems to me like the hand fitting the glove perfectly with this mod by creating a "Jedi Order" aligned with the Rebel Alliance, and a Sith once associated with the Empire.

-Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader have not been done justice. They aren't fast enough or strong enough. I modified the mod to somewhat fix this by making their strength and agility approximately 125 and 175 agility. However my lack of coding makes that "fix" turn into another problem which you probably already guessed. With 175 agility you don't just have the guy fighting really dangerously and fast (like in Ep. 3) but you have a guy running around all over the place lightning fast. A possible fix (that I cant do) is to code it so that he is in permanent walking-mode like the commoners in towns and villages. Even his walk will be more like a trot but I think its a worthy sacrifice to get a more  accurate representation of Palpatine's and Vader's martial capability on the battlefield.

-Realistic factions vs need for game balance. The factions are fairly balanced, but should they be? I think that in the mod the Empire should be a little stronger than the Rebel Alliance in terms of territory. Assuming time and effort was not an issue and I knew how to do it, I would add 2 more cities 4 more castles and 12 more villages exclusively for the Empire. The two cities could be Korriban and Onderon for which you can probably just use scenes from other planets with tons and tons of options for the castles/villages.

-More scripted events/quests. If Rebels take Coruscant their faction gets renamed New Republic or Galactic Alliance. Quest to become a Jedi/Crime lord/General.

-If you intend on adding more races in the new port perhaps making more of those totally awesome racial based troop trees? Also make them recruitable at their planet. For instance I want Zabrak recruits and I want a ton of them, so instead of going to the cantina I go to Iridonia and select "Recruit Natives" and get a ton more.

-Edit a very select few of the castle/village planets (or make new planets) to be in a "Independent Worlds" faction. This faction will never go to war with the big powers and allows the player a way to start his own faction without having to kick the Empire/Rebels/Hutts bears in the mouth.

-Modified Invasion script. Introduce the invasion script to make the galaxy a more military interesting place in one of two ways. You could just mirror the original Invasion script and make it armies of Mandalorians or Sith or something. Or perhaps modding the script into some kind of "revolt armies" script. Scenario: The Empire holds Rodia and their prosperity has gone to hell and been there for a while. Some kind of low probability trigger goes off and Rodians decided they've had enough and 2-7 parties of Rodian armies spawn and they go straight for the nearest Imperials.

-Companions revisited. Most of the companions are great, but during this time period there is just so many other characters that could probably make greater companion characters. Easiest way is to just edit the existing ones into new ones, or if you want to go crazy make them completely brand new on top of the ones already there.

-The lightsaber styles. If the ability to create animations is easier with warband than original have maybe an alternative animation for a certain lightsaber. For instance you make a curved-hilt lightsaber and animate the attacks to look alot more like Count Dooku's fencing, and I just go to the marketplace and buy the lightsaber that says Makashi Lightsaber.

-Faster Day/Night Cycles. Since you dont have to really worry about day/night cycles with a galactic map why not increase the "speed" of time so that instead of conquering the entirety of the galaxy from scratch in 2 months that same time period is scaled to 2 years, for example?

I actually have a ton more but I forgot most of them. Will post if I remember them :p Thanks for the amazing modification.
Another thing that I failed at that would be great for a mod: Wrist rocket or wrist flamethrower. It's the wrist blaster with illegal weaponry firepower. I tried to mod it myself thinking it was simple and completely utterly failed at it. :|

Thank you. Great suggestions... we're always listening. You (the fans) are who makes this mod amazing... and breathes life  ;)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

ClanMcRae_A

« Reply #831 on: August 07, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
I was wondering if the spawn points for Tatooine battle could be tweaked so that you're not jammed into the wall

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #832 on: August 07, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »
I was wondering if the spawn points for Tatooine battle could be tweaked so that you're not jammed into the wall

Don't worry, Revan Shan is working on new scenes. So enjoy the 0.9.0.3 ones, they wont stay there much more.  ;)

ClanMcRae_A

Re: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #833 on: August 09, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »
I'm am eagerly await the update.  Any hints to a possible release date?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
About the Updates, Warband ports, etc...
« Reply #834 on: August 10, 2010, 02:45:47 AM »
I'm am eagerly await the update.  Any hints to a possible release date?

When the game is ready we'll publish it. Don't worry about the date, more days, more polished. We're making great things with a very small Dev Team, suggestions and improving ideas coming everyday. Crashing bugs and reinventing the game in a player-side perspective is my work.  ;)

We've also bad times, but at last we're fighting for the same reason, your enjoyment, with quality.

About the Warband stuff, we're reading constantly your comments. It's hard for us stay working in an oldie platform with less possibilities than the new game. But my opinion is 'stand working to the end' If we started it, we can make awesome things with a really limited engine... that is our challenge and our passion.

Enjoy the game!

darktrooper27

« Reply #835 on: August 15, 2010, 12:47:51 AM »
I LOVE this mod. You guys are doing a great job, anyhow, I've noticed that when wearing a cape on mounts, your character's head ends up clipping out of the cape. I love Sith characters so I always wear a cape. It's just really annoying sometimes when your riding into battle with your whole army and then you notice your forehead is stuck out through the top of your cape. A very minor glitch but nonetheless would make the game more enjoyable to me.

Maybe change the colors of the blaster guns projectiles mostly on Rebel side. Whenever I go into battle with all of my IMP troops, I notice that IMPs are shooting mostly red projectiles, and then Rebels are shooting ugly green at me. It would be more canonical if some of the Rebels guns shot red lasers back.

More cool looking helmets, and more armor choices.

Option to change color of skin of characters, maybe add tatoos. - I don't know if this is possible but maybe Sith tatoos or grey skin can be applied.

Noises for speeders, and more transportation choices. - Maybe the swoop bike from Shadows of the Empire game.

I don't know if this is possible but maybe you could make the guns more accurate than they are now. Even with a high rifle and pistol skill level, my guns are still not incredibly accurate when I hold the mouse button down.

Still great job guys though, seriously.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:53:35 AM by darktrooper27 »

Revan Shan

« Reply #836 on: August 15, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »
Maybe change the colors of the blaster guns projectiles mostly on Rebel side. Whenever I go into battle with all of my IMP troops, I notice that IMPs are shooting mostly red projectiles, and then Rebels are shooting ugly green at me. It would be more canonical if some of the Rebels guns shot red lasers back.

I don't remember who is the responsible for this, but he did it so that armeis showed some laser variety, giving red to imperials, green to rebels and yellow to the Hutt. In my agenda one of the things I have is chage this, in order to give most of them the red colour. But I will be leaving some green for the rebels and some yellow for the hutt. As far as I know green lasers for rebel personal weapons is canon (up to certain point).

Option to change color of skin of characters, maybe add tatoos. - I don't know if this is possible but maybe Sith tatoos or grey skin can be applied.

I think some mod managed to add tatoos apart from the actual skin, but I dunno.

I don't know if this is possible but maybe you could make the guns more accurate than they are now.

No. First cause we can't, the sniper rifles already get about 98 (in our development version at least). Plus, if you've seen the films you would notice that the only guys with accuracy are the main characters...  :)

ClanMcRae_A

« Reply #837 on: August 23, 2010, 06:56:26 PM »
I know that alot of the scenes are getting changed for the next release, but I have some suggestion. I like the idea of the on ship battle but if nthere was some way to make use of all the space inside the ship (as seen from the walk around ship function) some way to make it look like a boarding party was comming in from a single hatch or such and so there are possibly 2 ships attached? Also the battles that take place in a "square" if there was use of alleys possibly. I find that when you spawn so close that there is so much confusion at the begining you can't get your troops to form up proper.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #838 on: August 24, 2010, 01:13:17 PM »
I know that alot of the scenes are getting changed for the next release, but I have some suggestion. I like the idea of the on ship battle but if nthere was some way to make use of all the space inside the ship (as seen from the walk around ship function) some way to make it look like a boarding party was comming in from a single hatch or such and so there are possibly 2 ships attached? Also the battles that take place in a "square" if there was use of alleys possibly. I find that when you spawn so close that there is so much confusion at the begining you can't get your troops to form up proper.

Clanny, we're moving, now we've a new entire section for your comments, please repost it here so it won't get lost:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/forum

Thank you!

Eltzu

« Reply #839 on: September 05, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
I have few suggestions. I posted them already on the new forums so here is the link http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/forum/thread/some-suggestions