Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 577340 times)

Ratzor

Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #765 on: April 15, 2010, 01:59:30 pm »
I strongly opose any notion of having fights inside of a tie fighter, the whole idea is just silly. Even 5 men cramped in that confined space is an impossibility :/ I urge for the idea that when you pilot a smaller craft you have the choice to purchase a troop transport that gives additional troop capacity and work as the battleground. In cases where you have no cargo transport you simply get tractor-beamed into the opposing sides veshould have their own set of unique battlegrounds :)

On an additional note, could you increase the starter ships ship speed? Even the Deathstar tend to outrun you in the beginning wich makes it a pain to travel anywhere if you're in a conflict. That is if you hav'nt maxed out your navigation and bought an A-wing :P

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 15, 2010, 11:56:01 pm »
Suggestion for player controlled lords: How about letting us equip them the way we equip companions? The current recruitable lords don't really look appropriate for any empire I'd want to build, and they tend to be poorly equipped. I on the other hand tend to have oodles of wealth burning a hole in my pocket by the time I go recruiting them, and it would be nice to be able to customize them to fit the feel of my empire.

Nerdman3000

« Reply #767 on: April 17, 2010, 03:03:57 pm »
Just a quick idea but, I don't think we should have the whole lord system, I mean instead of Lords staying put on planets and sometimes leaving, why not have them not owning planets. Here is the whole idea, Governers rule planets, Characters like Han Solo or Darth Vader should move around the Galaxy, and not stay in the same place long, maybe for a day or two and get supplies. Some characters should have a special code, for example like Han Solo and Chewbaca, so that they always travel together, on a rare ship just for them, The Millennium Falcon, and they have no soldiers with them. But heroes or some of them should be very strong and considered one man armies. The Monarchs can stay where they are.

Plus add more planets like Taris or Manaan.

Tek9

« Reply #768 on: April 25, 2010, 12:15:24 pm »
Please add more companions
that is all

kwonm

« Reply #769 on: April 26, 2010, 08:26:35 pm »
my character is a bounty hunter and the pay is so low. i just end up looting nearby planets and selling the goods. i would like the pay to be more than 300 credits. maybe like 3000 credits and make it harder to kill the target

rorogg

« Reply #770 on: April 26, 2010, 11:50:18 pm »
3000 credits? Thats a little much dont you think? I think it would make the game a little too easy.

damnimbored25

« Reply #771 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:10 am »
Well maybe rise a little the rewards...because it's pretty hard to maintain an army whit the poor rewards, even if you are a lone bounty hunter it's kind of hard to get the good men as body guards. xD

Thexare

« Reply #772 on: April 28, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »
I strongly opose any notion of having fights inside of a tie fighter, the whole idea is just silly. Even 5 men cramped in that confined space is an impossibility :/ I urge for the idea that when you pilot a smaller craft you have the choice to purchase a troop transport that gives additional troop capacity and work as the battleground. In cases where you have no cargo transport you simply get tractor-beamed into the opposing sides veshould have their own set of unique battlegrounds :)
The primary use for the existing fight-on-ship option, I believe, is for those of us that can't run heavily forested maps like Kashyyyk at a reasonable framerate due to crappy computers.

So I don't want any extra hurdles added to that.

Ratzor

« Reply #773 on: April 29, 2010, 07:26:49 am »
The primary use for the existing fight-on-ship option, I believe, is for those of us that can't run heavily forested maps like Kashyyyk at a reasonable framerate due to crappy computers.

So I don't want any extra hurdles added to that.

Don't take me in the wrong way :) I meant that if you didn't own a transport yourself, you simple get tractor beamed into your opponents :P this way there will be even more ship battles and not less

Nerdman3000

« Reply #774 on: May 02, 2010, 07:36:51 am »
A Jump to Lightspeed system, that makes your ship go to places faster for a little while would be nice.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #775 on: May 02, 2010, 07:57:23 am »
Good idea, it could be installed as a ship upgrade and you'd activate it in the camp menu for a couple of hours :)

lokisan

« Reply #776 on: May 07, 2010, 01:47:25 am »
Greets,
I am sorry if this suggestion already came up before but, would it be possible to create 3D Models of the Fighters to be *mounts* for the Pilot Class?
For example, If you go on a Groundbattle, Tie Pilots would mount an Tie Fighter/bomber as would Ace Pilots an Interceptor/avenger. Those *mounts* would then be set ~several meters above ground so that they, like the speeder bikes, look like they fly over the ground but on a higher level. Of course rolls and pitches would not be possible with that, and maybe the Fighters should be replaced by bombers instead to look proper but I can't stand the pilots flying around with the speeders like the scout class. In the Ship battle scenes there would then be the need to unmount the pilots, so that they do not roam the corridors of the ships with their fighters  :P

Additionally I have looked through the loadouts of all Imperial Officers and gave them the *proper* uniform. Veers for example had a black uniform as several if not all high-ranking officers. that is not accurate. I replaced their uniform with the grand moff one ( If you want I can create fitting, better looking and correct ranked uniform textures for those hero units) and gave some of them hats as well as gloves. I also reedited some of the current textures to look better, but not best atm. I can work on that too if you want and provide some crispy textures.
I also gave Thrawn the white uniform and ranked it up to that of a grand admiral.
I then gave every lower grade Officer the black uniform and some of them a fitting hat + gloves. This is more in line with the movies and I would love to send you my reworked troops.txt and the textures so that you can add them to the next release of the game, *maybe*  ;)
Also if you are interested in my help with the textures, not only uniforms...just contact me via pm and I will shift some of my free time towards your project, since it looks very promising and I am a great SW Fan after all.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:55:04 am by lokisan »

motomataru

« Reply #777 on: May 13, 2010, 08:06:47 am »
A couple things kinda bug me.

One is the huge price differentials for alternate condition items. A speeder might cost up to 13x its normal price though it only has a couple points more in damage or improved speed. Conversely, I always buy "damaged" items b/c their performance is only a little reduced for a big reduction in cost -- especially for the NP party characters, whose equipment does not degrade further.

Even "Lordly" items, whose cost might be justifiable in that such are gem-encrusted or otherwise simply for notoriety's sake, ought to have some increased return in that they impress others or attract thieves or some such.

Also, the "lend physician" quest seems kinda buggy. The borrowing Lord takes off, but then is still in conversation with the player...

Anyone mind if I tweak these?

Finally, the numbers of Force-Sensitive troops could use some balancing. Right now a quarter of my 120-odd man army is Sith, meaning that I can win most field battles even outnumbered 1:3. Outposts and Battlestations are no problem, and even major planets if I have a way to get them to melee without facing too much gunfire. It's a bit ridiculous, especially given that the opposition rarely has more than a handful of Force Sensitives, and they never rank more than a Padawan.

I propose reducing the number of Force Sensitives that can be recruited by the player -- maybe 1-2 instead of up to 3-15 at a time and allowing AI Lords to have a chance to recruit upper-level Force Sensitives. I can do this, too, if approved.

Revan Shan

« Reply #778 on: May 13, 2010, 10:49:13 am »
I propose reducing the number of Force Sensitives that can be recruited by the player -- maybe 1-2 instead of up to 3-15 at a time and allowing AI Lords to have a chance to recruit upper-level Force Sensitives. I can do this, too, if approved.

Dunno... It night be more reallistic but...
- Players might want to make only jedi/sith armies
- If that was done... why make a jedi temple? Just to train 5 guys?
- In SW Battlegrounds you could build jedi/sith temples and had no jedi limit apart from the unit total one...

Don't take me wrong though. Maybe it's a good idea. Perhaps we could elliminate the jedi temples as building options and add some quest to find or train jedi or sith.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #779 on: May 13, 2010, 01:15:50 pm »
Players who want an army of 200 force sensitives really shouldn't be regarded as people who the team orient game design around, or we might end up with "epic" battles of 500 Jedi vs. 500 Sith. Fuck that.
Yes, exactly. Make a temple to train a reasonable number, not a battalion. As it is right now, you can get more Jedi in a week than there were in the whole Galaxy before the Purge.
And you really should stop quoting other videogames as credible sources ;)