Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 577352 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #705 on: March 23, 2010, 11:45:18 am »

This mod is primarily focused on the original movies, Episode 4-6 range, so I agree it doesn't make a ton of sense to include Clones and Battledroids.  This is why they aren't really featured prominently and are basically optional to the player.  The only way you really see either of them is if you choose to build a clone chamber or droid foundry, visit a droid/clone merchant, attack a trade convoy, or switch your kingdom management culture to clone, but they aren't included in the main factions or troop tree's, available at regular merchants, etc.  If we are creating new models in the future then I'd like to try and focus on stuff from the original movies.  However, Barf had already created these clone/droid models before this mod started and in my opinion it didn't make sense to reject them completely because a lot players are interested in clone era stuff.   Now, that has caused a slight problem because now some guys want MORE clone era stuff, but in general I think its ok to leave them in because you really only see them if you choose to use them.

Tfett

« Reply #706 on: March 23, 2010, 12:57:22 pm »
The thing is, I know a lot more people that prefer the Clone Wars era over the Galactic Civil War hands down. I know this mod is based on the GCW era, but you would appeal to more people adding more Clone Wars era things. That's only my opinion, just trying to help the mod out  ;)

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #707 on: March 23, 2010, 12:59:24 pm »
A Clone Wars mod is in construction. So leave SWC and it's developers alone with CW stuff.

Tfett

« Reply #708 on: March 23, 2010, 01:03:46 pm »
Do you know what the Clone Wars mod is? I'm sure it's not as great as SWC, but I guess it's worth looking into
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:06:13 pm by Tfett »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 23, 2010, 01:26:56 pm »

Well, I prefer Galactic Civil War over Clone Wars era, so that is why that is the main focus.  ;)

Peralta and some other guys are working on a Clone Wars mod, see the link below
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,94202.0.html

Tfett

« Reply #710 on: March 23, 2010, 01:49:51 pm »
Thanks for the link  :green:

maddog00

« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2010, 06:12:20 am »
I don't know if this has been suggested, but what about adding some more ships? Such as any of the YT-transports. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Millennium Falcon (YT-1300) or the Outrider (YT-2400) , but it'd be cool to have something along those lines. Fast ships that could also offer a little troop support, and isn't "faction" related.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2010, 07:48:42 am »
I don't know if this has been suggested, but what about adding some more ships? Such as any of the YT-transports. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Millennium Falcon (YT-1300) or the Outrider (YT-2400) , but it'd be cool to have something along those lines. Fast ships that could also offer a little troop support, and isn't "faction" related.

We are currently in the process of fixing bugs and the current ships models are being looked into since it's possible the high polly count of them could be contributing towards the crashes.
So until theses issues has been addressed i have stopped working on ship models.

Lore.Ik

« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:37 am »
Okay here is a suggestion: As it stand right now, when you start the game as Imperials (for example) you spawn at coruscant, with imp troops and a TIE Fighter. But reading through the message after you select the imperials as the faction you join it says that you finish the academy and are sent to coruscant to pledged your allegiance to Emperor Palpatine, blah blah blah... So when the game starts you are at coruscant ect... But you have some weird merc armor on, and NO imperial equipment, despite Just completing the IMPERIAL academy. now i thought it would be better if you were, for example, to start with Imperial Recruit armor, and an E-11 or another imperial weapon. The same with the rebels.

Now having said that, You should also be able to pick which branch of the imperial Army you want to join. Choosing from the Stormtrooper Corps, the Scout Trooper Corps, Pilot Training, Security, and so on... Its really annoying to have to scour the galaxy for armor you should start with. Same with the rebels.

Just some ideas i came up with. if you were already planning on it, Great! can't wait.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:03:41 am by Lore.Ik »

Domenique

« Reply #714 on: March 24, 2010, 11:41:03 am »
The thing is, I know a lot more people that prefer the Clone Wars era over the Galactic Civil War hands down. I know this mod is based on the GCW era, but you would appeal to more people adding more Clone Wars era things. That's only my opinion, just trying to help the mod out  ;)

Younger people prefer newer movies. I think that, while I liked the prequel trilogy, the original is still my fave. It has much more spirit or something, I don't know, but the prequel looks really blant compared to original. Maybe it's just because I grew up with it. Anyway, I didn't wanted to go WAY off-topic :). There will be a choice for you prequel fans anyway, the clone wars mod is being created.

My other suggestion would be (i don't know if this had been adressed) to make planetary battles with three stages. 1 would be a normal battle in a field, 2 would be a battle in the city, and 3 would be the taking of hq. The space battles should only have the option to fight in ship, because it doesn't really make any sense to land on a nearby planet just to fight some pirates (anyway, space battle is a space battle). And the interiors of ships should be more like in the Quick battle where you attack an Imperial Destroyer (or something along those lines). Like narrow corridors, variuos rooms, and the interior should be according to the type of spaceship the defender has. It's just my opinion ofcourse :).

BTW, I love this module :). IMHO it's better than SoD or 1866.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:43:39 am by Domenique »

Tfett

« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2010, 12:48:15 pm »
I would like to add another suggestion. Are you planning on creating Kingdom Cultures for every race? I made a complete droid army, but there is no culture made for any type of droid. If you aren't planning on adding anymore, I suggest you do.  ;)

Nerdman3000

« Reply #716 on: March 24, 2010, 02:26:26 pm »
Space would be cool, it'd be hard to do but cool.

Adraz Rhua

« Reply #717 on: March 25, 2010, 05:22:12 am »
I agree with the love for the original trilogy and i'm from a generation that has grown up with the new ones. In my opinion the newer ones were far too action oriented with less concern for plot and acting, Episode I and II for example had atrocious acting (by Hollywood film standards anyway) but i really think they managed to pull it together for III.

Anyway, my suggestion is, if possible, would be to have more sounds on the campaign map. Maybe you could adopt some beepings when enemy ships are spotted or following you or just to signify certain things? Also maybe if the ships had sound effects as they move about or change direction. The tie fighter for example would benefit hugely from making that awesome whooshy noise as it changes direction.

Another thing, that i think's been suggested before is having unique ship maps for each ship. Or at least each class. For example the star destroyers could have like a large open area in the command room with all the big windows and platforms etc where the player and their party starts off, moving down into the corridors and into a hangar- like area where the enemy would be. It wouldn't even need to be that big, just giving the illusion of being big due to all the corridors etc. For the smaller fighter craft the maps we already have would suffice as although it'd be interesting watching 100 people battle it out in the cockpit of a tie fighter, i don't think it'd be interesting in a fun to play way :P.

Would it be possible to have a small financial reward along with the message when you beat everyone in the cantina? Even if it's just like, 100 credits from looting everyone's pockets, i think that'd be a great incentive. Also it'd be nice to have a companion join you in the cantina.

New kingdom cultures (although already mentioned) would be amazing. Don't think i need to go into detail here. A new one though, what if someone made the Sith Trooper armour and some of the other armour Revan Shan nags for we could have a Sith Empire culture?

Stuff from my message i sent waaaaaaaaaay back talking about new implementations, but i think that's already on the to-do list, just stuff about some smaller parties basically.

Maybe remove the banking and merchant functions from shipyards? i think it defeats the object of the trade federation port and would they really have banks on imperial shipyards? :P

Finally, and this a really small one, but could you add the start up effect for lightstabers and the humming noise whenever it's equipped ::), i know this has also probably been suggested but just imagine!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:24:47 am by Adraz Rhua »

Ratzor

« Reply #718 on: March 25, 2010, 03:27:22 pm »
Is it possible to implement a feature so you can recruit indigenous ppl from their respective planets and sub planets as an independent faction? It doesnt make sense to me that you can recruit stormtroopers and rebels are rebels becouse they fight the empire, not the black sun pirates etc. I think Sword of Damocles implemented a similiar feature where you recruited civilians in all villages as long as you didnt join a faction :)

EDIT: And if any of this is impossible can you at least higher the recruit count of the species at their indigenous planet? I'm deeply disturbed over the fact that theres 14 wookies everywhere on every planet in the galaxy but you have to search for mandalorians in asteroid fields or such :P

EDIT2: And another thing (what a pain I am :P). Even though I know it's kinda worked on but I would like to see wookies with insane close quarter abilities, as well as better equipment for high tier units. I can understand that the Empire and Rebels use Batons but it's ridiculous that madalorian crusaders are running around with pocket knives or that sniper and marksmen doesnt really shoot any better than their assault counterparts :P that was all I think, let me stress you how much I love this game as well ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:41:38 pm by Ratzor »

loner1

« Reply #719 on: March 25, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »
I don't know if it's done already, which it might be, but can you put in the armor for the Emperor's Shadow Guard?

You've already implemented Pikes and the black robes, but I've yet to find a helmet, which is, literally, the same as the Royal Guard helmet, save the visor is red/pink and the actual helmet is black. This may just be bad luck on my part, but I'm doubtful of that, as I've scoured the galaxy looking for even a battered or beaten up version, and found none.

Oh, the actual armor in the right picture, while would be cool to have, for any Sith, is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

DIT: And if any of this is impossible can you at least higher the recruit count of the species at their indigenous planet? I'm deeply disturbed over the fact that theres 14 wookies everywhere on every planet in the galaxy but you have to search for mandalorians in asteroid fields or such :P
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe you can go to bars in various planets, talk to the barkeep, and recruit Mandalorians that way. I've found that they aren't as numerous as wookies may be, but they do get the job done.
Speaking of wookies, it might be interesting to see if one can give them a sort of unequipable weapon "Wookie Claws" that helps show their prowess at Unarmed Close Combat. Then again, I've not much dealing with wookies, so they might be fine just as they are, as far as I know.