sorry I haven't had time to respond individually to all of these but we definitely are reading them and incorporating what we can. Few general comments:
- we are keeping this close to the movies, so my vote is to keep major characters since they are recognizable to the casual fan.
- some suggestions are quite easy to do (re-size a gun, change a dialog, switch color of laser bolts, etc) while others may be more difficult. I'm also fairly new to the module system and python coding, so what gets included somewhat depends on how easy it is to change, if we know how, or what we have time to work on, etc. I will continue to refer to this thread in the future and review current and previous posts as we look for things to add.
- within reason, I'm more than happy to include any star wars model that people make and agree it really helps out. I can't model, so new ships, armor, scene props, aliens, etc, basically depend on what the team and other community members want to work on. If people don't care then they can PM me and I can task them with stuff, but since this is all for fun I'm usually hesitant to do that...
- I know the current world map isn't perfect, but I'm not a huge fan of map editing and was trying to somewhat balance realistic planet locations with gameplay balancing since it didn't make sense for some area's of the map to be completely empty. If anybody likes to play with the map editor and move some planets around then let me know but otherwise I probably won't be tweaking it too much.
- scene editing takes time, we have to create new models, and the code for town/castle sieges is somewhat complicated. So while we will be working on scene editing its going to take a while before we get a total conversion done.
anyway, I don't have a completely list but I've made several of the easier changes mentioned in this thread and am working to fix some of the bigger bugs to post in a 0.8.1 release. I'll also try and see how grid-lines look on the map, add a readme popup, and do some particle effects on the blasters since that should help also. Can probably sneak a few other things into the next release, but the more major changes would have to wait till a future version.