Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 400868 times)

Nameless One

Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 02:46:17 AM »
1) Would it be too difficult to edit the Shield Bash script to allow off-hand attack? If someone could make it knock the opponent down, it can certainly do some damage. With an adequate if statement, you could have both shield bash and off-hand attack at the same time.

2) Speaking of shields, do those energy shields really exist in SW or did you make them up for the module? Onin No Ran is a module with similarly dealdy combat as SWC and it has no shields at all, and it works great. I would like to see SWC without energy shields also because it would make the Jedi more powerful with their Force Block and off-hand lightsabers.

3) It would also be great if you could bind some force powers to keys instead of representing them with items. Things like that have already been done in other mods like Expanded Gameplay and Chronicles of Talera, just to name a few. For example, Burst of Speed, as it is called in d20 Star Wars system, could be the same as Sprint ability from EGIII.

4) Concerning speeders, you've made a great improvement in 0.8 by making them extremely fragile. Could you also add some sounds for speeder engines and give them some slower deceleration? It would make them perfectly realistic.

5) It would also be great if you could script some reactions from generals to the equipment the player character is wearing. Wearing Stormtrooper armor while talking to Rebel generals should be a bad idea. Similarly, if you implement some sort of Jedi status, using a lightsaber in combat when fighting alongside a Jedi should be quite a bad idea unless you are at least a Padawan.

6) More races! I want a Kel Dor :)

obi

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 05:02:50 AM »
Does anybody know if there is a phase 2 clone trooper armor in development?
  • If so, it would be cool, to have an upgrade tree like this for the clones:
    clone trooper -> ... -> highest clone trooper phase 1 --> highest clone trooper phase 2 --> highest clone trooper phase 1 --> ...
    So you could switch between phase 1 armor and phase 2 armor.
  • Also it would be cool to find some unique armor in some scenes (not vaders armor or so but for example armor of some clone commanders like Cody, Bly or Gree).
  • You could hide them in some scenes
    For example you could find Commander Gree's armor on Kashyyk where he was killed by Joda.

That would be really cool I think

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
This shouldn't be too hard and could be implented in the upcoming patch: the DC15a MUST be resized sooner or later, and the front part of the gun is too small even in ratio to the rest.

Samael

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 12:02:53 AM »
not sure if its been mentioned but im in a hurry. but tone down force kill. i spam it for days and nothing stands up. ive single handedly taken castles. maybe make it two handed? being able to block while you close the distance makes it unfair,lol. damned fine mod though!

alAshrad

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »
I don't know the mechanics behind the game, but maybe a good replacement for the (overpowered) Force Kill could be:

The Force Choke!

Instead of an invisible sword that deals a hell of a lot damage (or something like that, meaning the Force Kill current aspect), you could make the Force Choke as a:
- throwing weapon (invisible knife?), with low range, and with a very slow recharge time (can't remember if that was possible with throwing weapons).
That would make it possible to one-hit-kill a soldier, instead of an army. And it would be realistic too (by Star Wars standards)!

Rebel Soldier comes up close;
You choke him to death;
And, since it would take too long to do it again on the next soldier, you get your lightsaber out and join the fight!

That would be useless if you are planning on using that Magic Mod-thing anytime soon, though.
---------
EDIT: The ideas keep coming up!

I don't remember if it was the TLD project, or Onin No Ran, but one of them had a script to make it possible for your army to contribute to your skills (by giving you bonuses).
That would open up lots of opportunities, like:
 -Imperial/Rebel Pilots giving you higher Navigation and Radar skills.
 -Scouts could give you higher Tracking.
 -Twi'lek Dancers could give you Persuasion... and so on.
--------
Another thing that botters me, is that the requeriment for higher Force Knowledge and better lightsabers is Strength!
I mean, Agility? Reasonable (for the lightsaber part, at least).
Intelligence? Usable.
Charisma? AFAIK it is used for Force-related things in the RPG books.

Changing that might be impossible due to game limitations, but one can always hope!
---------
Shouldn't the WHOLE Trandoshan line (meaning units and their upgrades) use Stun Guns or at least that blue Stun Ammo?
Since they are slavers and all that, their prey should be kept alive. Or maybe add the Trandoshan Slaver unit to their upgrade list?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:49:32 AM by alAshrad »

HocusPocus

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 08:02:04 AM »
All the powers, weapons and armour will be balanced in the next version. Force kill will be a high level Force power so only the best Jedi/Sith will be able to wield it. As for other force powers, I'd like to add force heal for a start and then see what else the game engine allows. (bear in mind there are a huge amount of powers, most of which we will not be able to add. But we will try.)

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »
I'm not sure if it would be practical to implement, but I think it would be cool to mix the Form the Ranks mod with SWC. The ability to create squads would be awesome.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
I'm not sure if it would be practical to implement, but I think it would be cool to mix the Form the Ranks mod with SWC. The ability to create squads would be awesome.

Oh baby, yes please! Just read the stuff, this is friggin' trippin' awesome!

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 04:12:12 AM »
Another thing would be nice: clone troopers should use blue blaster bolts, not red ones. This would take, like, 5 minutes or less to change, so I'm kindly asking you to do so.

Offline Vector

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 05:15:41 AM »
Another thing would be nice: clone troopers should use blue blaster bolts, not red ones. This would take, like, 5 minutes or less to change, so I'm kindly asking you to do so.

Ah yeah that's a point, also the B1's should be using Red bolts rather than Yellow.

Revan Shan

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »
Exactly. Lasers from clones and droids should be changed. As well as the ones from the rebels. The rebels used both green and red, but not only red. I suggest that some use one and other use the other.

More suggestions:

-Add three more factions:
The CIS remnants (Mustafar, Geonosis? also fought in Corellia..., could be treated as pirates too)
The Mandalorian Clans (only in Mandalore and its system, but with some sort of reappearance feature if they are conquered)
The Zann Consortium (Ryloth, Felutia, Hypori, Salueucami).
This three additional factions would make the game much more fun, and varied.
-Suggested Colours: CIS (dark blue), Zann Consortium (brown), Mandalorian CLans (purple).
-This would need new ship models (for the map). Ask me and I'll tell you which ones should be used for each.

Geonosians
-There are many geonosians over the galaxy. Could you (team) make them unusual to see? They went outside their planet only for belic purposes (aidding the CIS).

Correct droid weaponry
-Droids using DC series! Could you make the B1 series' rifle?

Dark trooper armour
-The dark trooper is an imperial project. The 'dark troopers' are both personal armours and droids (one or the other, not both at a time).

Expensive ships
-The stardestroyer (and others) purchase cost is so low... and it should be incredibly high!

Dinamic cantina
-Nobody moves in the cantina, is it posible to make some of them walk all over it? So that you ge to see some life.

More pirates-Could you add more pirate parties of little size? It's not easy to find a group of pirates, and when you find it it has about 30 soldiers on board.

Less jawas!
Some jawas could be pirates, but only some! They were merchants over all, they avoided any fight. But not only reduce the number of jawa pirates, but the total number of jawas all over the galaxy. They weren't tat many.

Boba Fett
-Boba Fett as lord? Couldn't you add famous bountyhunters as independent hirable(or not) characters that travel all over the galaxy?

Alderaan
-Is Alderaan in the map? I don't remember. I ask this because it SHOULDN'T, remember it was destroyed by the 1st Death Star.

Geonosis
-Think twice before putting Geonosis under imperial rule. It was when the Death Star was being built, that they conquered (Vader) the planet in order to get aliens to do the hard work on te project. The geonosians defended theirselves from the imperials, and where friendly with the Rebellion and the CIS Remnants. It's 100% probable that the entire planet wasn't conquered and that, in fact, Vader left nobody to keep it under control.

Space stations
-Space station and outpost scenes (both siege and walk around) for next version. Going to a base and appearing at some sort of castle gets me out of the game.

Legionnaire battledroid
-The Legionnaire series battledroid (the one given to the mandalorians by the CIS, reskin of the C-3PO). Is it in? If so, I didn't see him.

Vergesso asteroids
-Add the rebel space base at the Vergesso Asteroids (very important base, made an incredible resistence to the Empire, as seen in Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds).

Add the deathstar and it/its scenes
I suggest to make the unfinished Second Deathstar, so that it's more historical accurate, if Luke is a lord then the First Death Star is destroyed. I've seen a ingame model, and it looks like the first deathstar, it would be great if this was fixed.

More Planets
Sarapin (volcanic, from where the empire gets 80% of it's energy), Taspir (volcanic, similar to Mustafar) and Raxus Prime (controlled by the Empire and rodian gangs, there is an abandoned jedi temple and it's where all the war trush goes (cruisers and so)).
-Add models for each really different planet. Kuat for example has an entire space base ring. Geonosis has an asteroid ring. Coruscant is a entire city... Also: Volcanic planets.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:46:01 PM by Revan Shan »

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »

Add the deathstar and it/its scenes
I suggest to make the unfinished Second Deathstar, so that it's more historical accurate, if Luke is a lord then the First Death Star is destroyed. I've seen a ingame model, and it looks like the first deathstar, it would be great if this was fixed.

There is no timeline. Obi Wan, Biggs and Tarkin are still alive, Yoda's out of hiding, and the stormtroopers wear "A New Hope" armour.

Revan Shan

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 04:17:57 AM »
A new hope armour? The stormtrooper armour is the same in IV, V and VI.

And yes. I know there is little accuracy, but that doesnt mean you can get close to it, does it?

If I were you I would take away Obi Wan (leave Tarkin alive is strange, but Obi Wan is too iconic and died in the middle of the first movie), and instead add Echuu Shen Jon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Echuu_Shen-Jon

Echuu was a very important jedi exile from order 66 and really helped the Rebel Alliance. Obi Wan did nothing for the Alliance, he didn't actually fight.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:33 AM »
I suggest making the second death star as a space station (castle) over Endor.

And don't replace Obi-Wan with some xy Jedi from a videogame.

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 05:04:05 AM »
A new hope armour? The stormtrooper armour is the same in IV, V and VI.

No it isn't.

You should know better than to challenge me on stormtrooper armour.  :P