Hi guys, I'd loved to make few suggestion. I have done some studies and papers in my past courses of Customers Behaviors. And my choice is Gaming Industry, of course
I might not be an expert in gaming industry, but I read few of these experts' articles in the feild and I wished to share with u guys
Due to my research, most big games developers'd gave their efforts to show the best of the game in 1st 15 minutes of the game. If the players are impressed in 15 to 1st hour of the game, it's about to success 90% of the time. I felt SWC was really really great peace of art and I enjoyed it every times I played, but with a few more touchs, it would be sold perfectly.
1. If you ever made a complete system of upgrade system of Droids and the Force Selling NPC, Please put Them in the City Scene, . Since you guys are making so much efforts to creat such beautiful scenes, you have let the players to see it, put them all in the Cantina is such a big waste.
2. About City Menu/Visiting the whole City, the old M&B already had this model: when you visit somewhere in the 1st time, you have to walk and talk in the city before they are accesible through the Menu. Granted that the scenes are magnificant to view, but the players'd be bored/ annoying at 30-80 days ingame to walk in cities all the times to unload your loads. So let them see the View and impressed for the 1st time, and that impression will encourage them to explore the game in later games/but make it optional though.
The emotion and style is differ for each players/each time they go in game as well, so it made the game more enjoyable this way.
3. Also, The Spawn point when u firts appear in the game could be near the main cities with distintive themes of scenes (Tatooine for Hutt Players, Kashyyyk for Rebel and err ... what for Imperial players?)
The normal reaction of 99% of players when starting new games would be visiting the first Visible/accessible thing on the scene. But most of players are Veteran on M&B, so the Training ground is skipable since it's benefits and scene is not that much different in the most mods.
4. The Travelers would use an upgrade to his dialog to introduce what's new in the game as well. My suggestion is make 1 of tutorial sceen in the
early game pop up with few CAPSLOCK words to indicate the players to find and ask those travellers. Or just let the bar keepers to inform players of it - since they will visit the catina soon and notice the different in bar-keeper Dialog.
5. Loading screens Tips and Quotes could be added for some hints/introduction ingame as well