Author Topic: [SWC] Suggestions for future releases  (Read 383348 times)

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
[SWC] Suggestions for future releases
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:09:07 AM »
Please post any suggestions or requests for future releases of Star Wars: Conquest here.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:15:46 AM by Swyter »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
Re: SWC: Suggestions for future releases
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
posting some suggestions from the Taleworlds thread....

-Different skin colours for mon calamari (or whatewer they are)  and other races.You dont have to make completely new faces, just more colours for skins, and you get variety  :wink:

-maybe some obstacles ,when you are fighting on ship (crates, barrels, stairs, elevators if possible(you go on the elevator field wich would be constantly moving up and down.Awesome for jedi fights  :P),for example : you can hide behind barrels before ranged attacks and then you atttack them, while they are reloading, or shoot/hide tactic with wookie crossbow ,while staying behind barrels,...

-expanded gameplay features like sprint(make it more powerfull),warcry,etc...? This would be available only to jedies  :)

-music? I really miss classic star war theme songs in this mod (in battle)

-Maybe I didnt play enough long, but overally, I miss more different enemies to kill on a map...

- more different ship battle scenes if this can be implemented?

-Maybe an option to buy new ship at merchant? Different ships would give you different bonuses.Some ships would be faster(bonus to pathfinding), and other ships would have better tracking system (bonus to tracking),and some for bonuses for faster healing.Ofc you can only have one ship...

Never started playing this mod until about an hour ago, when I spent a good 10 mins staring in amazement at all of the possible races available to you.

As a whole, I'm very impressed with the amount of detail and class brought to this mod, I especially like the new face textures, they are 3x better then native. :) so grats there.  There are a few, annoying hiccups, now nothing serious but - it is serious enough for me not to ever wear them, since it'd make my character look like a squashed rectangle.

The armours and the armour textures, for cloaks, Manadarin and most of the other generic armours I foind in market shops, they weren't that good. :( The models need editing and smoothening out, the block effect is quite distressing for me, also maybe the textures could be re-vised a little.  In all i think everything is amazing, especially with the sound effects and the voice overs, the mod is a definite win, so please do not think I'm insulting the work here, I just feel as if it requires some attention.

Also, the map background, although space is brilliant and the planets look amazing, both by scene and by map-icon.  I can't play the game for longer then 10 mins via the main map, because the map itself sends my head spinning and I start tripping out.  It does something very bad to my eye-sight xD so maybe using a standard birds-eye view picture of space may be better here with additional tiles.  Because the way is currently rotates and moves just sends my head swirling (not sure why).

But yeah, it's a brilliant mod.

P.S - whoever did the face textures deserve some SERIOUS recognition publically, I haven't seen face textures that good since i've been playing these mods.  So yeah, also - lightsabres look brilliant and sound brilliant, heck the whole thing is brilliant, just a few hiccups in graphical/physical design. :)

Excellent work. Just somethings that bug me:
-There are many geonosians over the galaxy
-DC weapon series are smaller than their original sizes
-Droids using DC series! COuld you make the B1 series' rifle?
-Where are stardestroyers?
-The stardestroyer purchase cost is so low... it should be incredibly high!
-At the Trade Federation you can buy any tipe of ship, but for 0 credits! I had to pay nothing for te star destroyer.
-Nobody moves in the cantina, is it posible to make some of them walk all over it? So that you ge to see some life.
-Could you add more pirate parties of little size? It's not easy to find a group of pirates, and when you find it it has about 30 soldiers on board.
-Boba Fett as lord? Couldn't you add famous bountyhunters as independent hirable(or not) characters that travel all over the galaxy?
-Is Alderaan in the map? I don't remember. I ask this because it SHOULDN'T, remember it was destroyed by the 1st Death Star.
-Think twice before putting Geonosis under imperial. It was when the Death Star was being built, that they conquered (Vader) the planet in order to get aliens to do the hard work on te project. The geonosians defended theirselves from the imperials, and where friendly with the Rebellion and the CIS Remnants. It's 100% probable that the entire planet wasn't conquered and that, in fact, Vader left nobody to keep it under control.

Suggestions:
-Space station and outpost scenes (both siege and walk around)
-The Legionnaire series battledroid (the one given to the mandalorians by the CIS, reskin of the C-3PO)
-Add the rebel base at the Vergesso Asteroids (very important base, made an incredible resistence to the Empire, as seen in EMpire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds).
-Add three more factions: The CIS remnants (Mustafar, Geonosis? also fought in Corellia..., could be treated as pirates too), The Mandalorian Clans (only in Mandalore, but with some sort of reappearance feature if they are conquered) and the Zann Consortium (Ryloth, Felutia, Hypori, Salueucami). This three additional factions would make the game much more fun, and varied. Suggested Colours: CIS (dark blue), Zann Consortium (brown), Mandalorian CLans (purple).
-Add the deathstar and it/its scenes. Would it be posible to make it so that it moves all over the galaxy? I suggest to make the unfinished Second Deathstar, so that it's more historical accurate, if Luke is a lord then the First Death Star is destroyed.
-Add more planets: Sarapin (volcanic, from where the empire gets 80% of it's energy), Taspir (volcanic, similar to Mustafar) and Raxus Prime (controlled by the Empire and rodian gangs, there is an abandoned jedi temple and it's where all the war trush (cruisers and so) go).
-Add models for each really different planet. Kuat for example has an entire space base ring. Geonosis has an asteroid ring. Coruscant is a entire city... Also: Volcanic planets.

A suggestion: turn shopkeepers to droids, it was pretty common.

I became really happy when I noticed, that I can join one of the factions at the beginning but I still hope that there is possibility to get a small army on the beginning. Like selecting to be an officer and get about ten stormtroopers and so on. It's really annoying to start from a scratch every time I try a new mod. I think I've said this before...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:44:33 AM by HokieBT »

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
Aha! Finally, we can post in here.

Two suggestions for now:

1. As mentioned on the SWC thread, a battle over a sarlacc would rock the cock. Have the big ol' sail barge for one (the defending?) army, then three or four skiffs where the attackers spawn from. That is, provided multiple spawn points are possible. It'd be cool for a custom battle, but a generic battle for desert maps involving the sarlacc in some manner would be nice too. I even went to a team of conceptual artists to design how it would look.

I fired them.

2. Give some of the lords mounts. Guys like Luke, Solo, Vader, Wedge, Fett, Lando, etc. were all noteworthy pilots. Plus, it's rare we notice the lords on the battlefield as they often get cut down in the volley of laser bolts as the armies charge into each other. Mounted guys (especially those with melee attacks and shields) often last a while longer.

HocusPocus

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 04:23:51 PM »
I've have lots of ideas for the future and I hope other people will keep on suggesting them as well, to make this mod of of the great ones  :)

Lymphatic

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
Just some quick thoughts, not thinking about whether it's possible with M&B
My sincerest apologies if I accidentally plagiarize
  • Maybe you could employ the kingdom management feature (hopefully not mentioned. I'll feel like a complete tard if it was in there and I never noticed)
  • Ablity to play as a droid.  Instead of armor and clothing, you could buy part upgrades from a separate shopkeeper, or from the trade fedaration.  Maybe employ gun arms/shield generator upgrades as well.
  • Guns mounted on speeders (could be accessed with a different button, have them only shoot straight w/o aiming reticle).
  • Cape animations, i.e. flapping in the wind, or simply flopping whilst walking
  • Force persuasion or something, i.e. knock out a troop "these aren't the droids you're looking for" style, and have a possibility of that troop joining the party after the battle based on what troop tier they are (zero percent for lords).
  • Force frenzy, i.e. group of people start attacking random troops when hit (might be tough to code for the AI to react well)
  • Red dust storm type fog for planets like Geonosis
  • Stun Grenades (So you don't have to worry about your troops if they are caught in the area)
  • Make it more difficult to level up firearms.  I often found I could up the skill by two points, then eventually one, per shot (up to around 200)

I particularly would like to see the droid one. I think that would be fun to start as a typical droid, and then upgrade to a B2 Super battledroid over time :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:24:17 PM by Lymphatic »

Arzeal

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 07:19:21 PM »
Just a thought, can we have super strong NPC Lords? Even it's duel, I beat Yoda, Luke, Darth Vader 1on1 all the times with their own weapons, on foot.
I think I've read somewhere in Chel's EG III sub-board about how has he made his NPC super strong with Melee (over 300 HP,mostly 1 hit kill everything, super fast on foot, very hard to damage, accurate "throwing weapons" - in SWC it's Force, so it'd be the same)

Tyrinius

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
Regarding the 3PO an R2 droids: wouldn't it be the easiest way to use them as party members (like Rahm Kota and all the others)?
For example you could give R2 unit high skills in navigation, pathfinding, and spotting. Give him a high enough level, so he won't level up (because it might be hard to explain how a programmed droid earns experience in combat), and make him expensive to hire. The conversation with the droid could be written so that it looks more like you buy the droid, not like you hire him.

For the 3PO units you could do the same with persuasion for example (though i don't know if that's possible, because it's a leader skill).
You could use a 3PO unit as medical droid as well.

Upgrading them could be done by using invisible armor, helmets, gloves, and if possible weapons with really low or no damage, maybe ourchasable at a droidpart merchant in the cantina.

The big advantage would be that you don't loose your beloved droid in an auto-resolved battle...

Lore.Ik

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »
You could use a 3PO unit as medical droid as well.
yeah, we need some Real 21B med droids, not that little Mini in the item slot

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 12:01:21 PM »

Happy Stormtrooper - I really like your sarlacc battle idea, we will have to try and add this

Tyrinius - yeah, what you described was almost exactly what I had planned to do with the droids.   I really wanted to have droids as playable characters and companions, but ran into a game engine limitation when I tried to code it a month or two ago.  The limitation/bug is there can only be a maximum of 16 races (ie. unique body/face model with custom sound effects) in M&B.  So when I tried to do this I was already at 15 races (human male, human female, twilek m+f, bothan, rodian, trandoshan, wookiee, jawa, etc) so just had to create a generic "droid" race to use for the droid troops.   This is just an invisible body, with generic droid sounds, and then I equip different armor over it (R2, 3PO, B1, IG, MSE6, etc)......   So if we wanted to have droids as playable characters/companions it would be possible, but we'd have to remove a playable race (bothan, mon cal, sullustan, etc) for every droid we added.  Also, those alien troops would then have to go back to the old method of wearing alien helmets and gloves to cover the human body....   I was planning on adding a ton of playable races and droids, so the limitation of 16 races is a major pain and quite frustrating....

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:03:54 PM by HokieBT »

Lore.Ik

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
maybe you could have like a 'Kill jabba' quest where you have to go with luke, han, lando, ect...
to tatooine and have a battle over the sarlacc!  :P

The Happy Stormtrooper

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »

Tyrinius - yeah, what you described was almost exactly what I had planned to do with the droids.   I really wanted to have droids as playable characters and companions, but ran into a game engine limitation when I tried to code it a month or two ago.  The limitation/bug is there can only be a maximum of 16 races (ie. unique body/face model with custom sound effects) in M&B.  So when I tried to do this I was already at 15 races (human male, human female, twilek m+f, bothan, rodian, trandoshan, wookiee, jawa, etc) so just had to create a generic "droid" race to use for the droid troops.   This is just an invisible body, with generic droid sounds, and then I equip different armor over it (R2, 3PO, B1, IG, MSE6, etc)......   So if we wanted to have droids as playable characters/companions it would be possible, but we'd have to remove a playable race (bothan, mon cal, sullustan, etc) for every droid we added.  Also, those alien troops would then have to go back to the old method of wearing alien helmets and gloves to cover the human body....   I was planning on adding a ton of playable races and droids, so the limitation of 16 races is a major pain and quite frustrating....

No need for the Fett clone to be a race. If it's for the purpose of clone troopers, couldn't the Fett head just be an alternative helmet for them? If the player wants to be a clone, it's not especially hard to create a decent likeness in the character creator.

Also, if push came to shove, I'm sure nobody would miss Bothans and Sullustans being playable. I'm guessing, really, but can't imagine they have mass appeal. Obviously keeps the heads so they can still be units, though.

Now I'm probably asking something that's hard-coded, but can we alter how the game chooses units to push the siege tower? I lose all my melee units (sith) getting the tower in place, and my dipshit stormtroopers are left having to punch their way through the defences. Ideally, the game would have peasant level units expose themselves to danger and do the dirty work.

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »
Hey! I like Bothans! Admittadly the present model's a little rough (and I don't know if it can really be improved due to the engine), but I really like the race.

Now I'm probably asking something that's hard-coded, but can we alter how the game chooses units to push the siege tower? I lose all my melee units (sith) getting the tower in place, and my dipshit stormtroopers are left having to punch their way through the defences. Ideally, the game would have peasant level units expose themselves to danger and do the dirty work.
I think a better solution might be to remove the siege towers and add holes in the walls or ladders. Siege towers just don't make much sense.
Now if we could get AT-AT walkers to replace them, that would be cool. You could have an AT-AT slowly advancing towards the defenses, and the defenders have to deal enough damage to destroy it before it reaches their lines. If it's destroyed, the soldiers inside all die, and a new AT-AT appears with the next wave. All the while, enemy snipers are trying to knock off the defenders and draw fire. Probably not practical for the engine, but it would be cool.

Offline Geroj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 01:59:57 PM »
Hey! I like Bothans! Admittadly the present model's a little rough (and I don't know if it can really be improved due to the engine), but I really like the race.

I think a better solution might be to remove the siege towers and add holes in the walls or ladders. Siege towers just don't make much sense.
Now if we could get AT-AT walkers to replace them, that would be cool. You could have an AT-AT slowly advancing towards the defenses, and the defenders have to deal enough damage to destroy it before it reaches their lines. If it's destroyed, the soldiers inside all die, and a new AT-AT appears with the next wave. All the while, enemy snipers are trying to knock off the defenders and draw fire. Probably not practical for the engine, but it would be cool.

Yes, Bothans was reworked 2 times by me, it is some curse, but i dont know how to create nice bothan :D

And i tried several times to add ATST ot game but it cant be added because in game exist only human skeleton(for both -male and female) and nobody know how to add new skelton to game
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:02:43 PM by Geroj »

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:22 PM »
yeah, we could find a few races to get rid of, so we could probably have an R2-unit and a 3PO-series droid as a companion, but won't be able to add a ton without limiting the playable races more....    There are also some other limitations like you can't show the body through an armor/glove/boots, etc, so I couldn't really do transparent droid parts as upgrades, I would have to have a model for each piece.  Then if the player tried to equip a 3PO upgrade on a R2 unit it would look weird, etc.   MartinF and I were talking about removing the 'view equipment' menu for droid companions so the player couldn't change it, and instead creating a menu system of droid upgrades, etc, but that was a longer term plan.   Switching the siege towers to use AT walkers is probably do-able and we already have models for them.

I think the main problem with the future of this mod is we are starting to max out my coding and module system knowledge.  ???   My coding skills are good enough to switch equipment around, create troops, change menus, add items, etc, but MartinF and Obi created the more advanced coding that is in the latest release.   I don't really understand the code for sieges at all, most of the AI logic and other scripts, and have a tough time creating new code from scratch unless it is really basic.  So I think I can put out a release with some minor fixes but am really going to have to stare or play with the code for a while to figure other things out...  So if anybody wants to help with coding then please let me know.   :)

Arzeal

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »
Hi guys, I'd loved to make few suggestion. I have done some studies and papers in my past courses of Customers Behaviors. And my choice is Gaming Industry, of course  :lol: I might not be an expert in gaming industry, but I read few of these experts' articles in the feild and I wished to share with u guys
Due to my research, most big games developers'd gave their efforts to show the best of the game in 1st 15 minutes of the game. If the players are impressed in 15 to 1st hour of the game, it's about to success 90% of the time. I felt SWC was really really great peace of art and I enjoyed it every times I played, but with a few more touchs, it would be sold perfectly.

1. If you ever made a complete system of upgrade system of Droids and the Force Selling NPC, Please put Them in the City Scene, . Since you guys are making so much efforts to creat such beautiful scenes, you have let the players to see it, put them all in the Cantina is such a big waste.

2. About City Menu/Visiting the whole City, the old M&B already had this model: when you visit somewhere in the 1st time, you have to walk and talk in the city before they are accesible through the Menu. Granted that the scenes are magnificant to view, but the players'd be bored/ annoying at 30-80 days ingame to walk in cities all the times to unload your loads. So let them see the View and impressed for the 1st time, and that impression will encourage them to explore the game in later games/but make it optional though.
The emotion and style is differ for each players/each time they go in game as well, so it made the game more enjoyable this way.

3. Also, The Spawn point when u firts appear in the game could be near the main cities with distintive themes of scenes (Tatooine for Hutt Players, Kashyyyk for Rebel and err ... what for Imperial players?)
The normal reaction of 99% of players when starting new games would be visiting the first Visible/accessible thing on the scene. But most of players are Veteran on M&B, so the Training ground is skipable since it's benefits and scene is not that much different in the most mods.

4. The Travelers would use an upgrade to his dialog to introduce what's new in the game as well. My suggestion is make 1 of tutorial sceen in the
early game pop up with few CAPSLOCK words to indicate the players to find and ask those travellers. Or just let the bar keepers to inform players of it - since they will visit the catina soon and notice the different in bar-keeper Dialog.

5. Loading screens Tips and Quotes could be added for some hints/introduction ingame as well  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:32:20 PM by Arzeal »