Author Topic: A few moddeling questions to understand moddeling better.  (Read 1885 times)

Twisted

A few moddeling questions to understand moddeling better.
« on: May 09, 2009, 08:11:52 am »
Hi everybody.

I started out moddeling with the intention to make moddels for evantually a total conversion mod.
Now i know i'm probally guy number 99999th that is saying this... And it takes a lot of effort and time to evantually release something. Have modded before, mainly maps for shooting games and skins.
Anyway i want to use this topic so i can ask all my questions that i have here in a central topic instead off opening 20 topics.
So hopefully there are a few folks here that don't mind spending some time explaining me things and visiting this topic once in a while.

1. When i open up some weapon BRFE files i see that some weapons are taking apart in lod files. Why is this? Do i have to these things aswell? And what for.
2. When opening body_meshes. I see man_body and man_body.lod2. What are the differences for these files(as the lod file seems to have spikes as armes)? And if i use man_body as a base to make armor models, would it then work? Or do i need to use those man_body.lod2 aswell?

Well that's it for now. I'm more then sure that there will be more questions comming by the time these are answerd ;).