1 (2.4%)
4 (9.8%)
1 (2.4%)
over 400
7 (17.1%)
I will setup my own value
12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: What we ware talking about before this subforum  (Read 77696 times)

Servitor

Re: Guardians party 1.1.3.
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2007, 09:22:34 am »
Hey Nema, Sorry I ain't able to help you with your mod... =S I hoped to have some more modding time, but after working on Andromeda and Galactic mercanary I am just to fed up with M&B to pay your mod the attention it deserves.

But, I see you are doing a great job!  :o Good luck!

Btw, That game looks cool! But how do you play it? I dont understand a thing about its description. Do you need Lineage 2 in order to play it? Because you said it was free. But Line age 2 isn't free!  ???

gl on the mod
Servitor
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:35:11 am by Servitor »

Albino

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2007, 09:49:32 pm »
Just tried it. Its a fun and very different mod. I will try to take some screens later.

Servitor

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2007, 04:16:26 am »
Sp the people here:  http://l2fantasia.a.gape.org/   are your frends?  :o Anyway, I just liked the screenies under the link. So I wondered if that was the game you ment! =D

Check Andromeda wars: Chaos of war (Yech, what a name) on taleworlds to see my other project. =) I have some spare time, so I will re-download your mod. (missed quite some updates by now)

Servitor

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2007, 09:06:46 am »
Some of them. Are you shocked? ( Shocked?) And yes, it is correct link but I am not so close with their projects, so for information... And same as you, I like screenies and idea that it is internet game with chat program inside. If you was there you probably find this:

Legal considerations

IT IS LEGAL TO HOST A LINEAGE 2 PRIVATE SERVER AS IT IS FREE, OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE!

whatever it means.

So, You are able to play the game from where those screenies are without paying? If yes, could you explain me how I can do that myself? In a pm... instead of making this tread cluttered up. Remember, only if you want.  8)

I also checked Andromeda. Especially your map. I was a little confused because of similarity between both your mods. I get idea that it can be one greater and better mod if you step together. But I think such, because I didn't check all details. I checked it just briefly. I will take some time for Andromeda today.
Lets say that if we all would work together we could make a funny mod, with more content. But:
p.s. Well, they are not so close as it think on the first sight. So good luck with both of them.
You are right here, for Andromeda goes more to the Sci-Fi path of space, Mercenaries goes into a fantasy direction.  :o

Servitor

yes, I agree with you. If Appollon and Dnjad and Alec would work together, they could make a nice mod. The problem is is that Andromeda wars is a

Servitor

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2007, 06:48:35 am »
 I use  :o for 'Yay' or "whohoo' or 'great'

Offline Cartread

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
rerquested
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 05:04:20 am »
I saw you requested FFXI-anime-like girl models so I gave it a shot.
I just morphed native's female_head and it's kindof a cross between the two.

Only the ears are vertex-editable right now, and the eyebrow and lip areas could use some fixing, but you can use it if you like.
It is compatible with native.
For the screens, her face is blue (and can use native's skins) but you'd have to make blue-skinned armor/boots/gloves for the body.

Offline norup

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 12:47:13 pm »
Very different mod, and therefore refreshing to play.
Several times I thought to have encountered bugs, but often it was only because the game is so different.
A few bugs and causes of confusion:
Under "Finished Quests", "Hint down undead walkers" is at 0%. I think also this was constantly shown as 0% while hunting down the five parties - this was somewhat confusing.
I now have the same problem with hunting Undead Armies. Six have been slain, but still at 0% - or is this because the story is over and going infinite loop?
The "Return kidnapped girl" quest kept being listed long time after delivering her at the Abbey - it was listed as completed only when all Sisters were assembled.
At this time, all Sisters leave and have to be invited to rejoin the party at their respective homes. However, I have not found all yet - the mother and sister (Marnid/Borcha equivalents) appear to be missing?!
It is odd that the Darkness are much faster on foot than on horse - why do they use horses at all then?

Offline Cartread

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 01:25:27 pm »

Making the dress into a skirt like this is the only sensible way to do it, because armors (which includes arms, torso and upper legs) are all bound to the same skeletal animation and mesh.
If you don't use itp_covers_legs then it uses men's trousers so I added in the legs which are textured by the purple cloth area of costumes_3.dds, so it shouldn't be too hard to retexture.
The little pouch is still on there.  If it gives you trouble when you retexture, color it in brfedit. ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:57:53 am by Cartread »

Offline Cartread

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2007, 06:37:10 am »
No problem.  :green: Thanks for offering help in the future.

But, there is a little problem. The posted link requires username and password. What we can do? :'(

The server .... Authentication requires a username and password.

Oops.  I'm not sure how that works still, I guess.  I just sent it by email.

Offline norup

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2007, 10:22:56 am »
Marnid, Borcha - Margot and Bonny are on their usual places as in native. You didn't find them? Or you didn't find them after they leave you, after Order's gathering on Holy Ground?
I found them in the beginning, but cannot find them again after Order's gathering.

Quote from: nema
But if you already pass initiation, you will find them with Ymira in Four Ways Inn.
I found Ymira there, but Margot and Bonny are missing. On an earlier occasion, I asked Margot and Bonny to leave the party, and found them there.

Currently my party consists of nine heroes:
Me, Nema, Suelita, Dionisa, Lilith, Ymira, Essa, Ismilla, Mora

Please help me with your current position.
I have completed quests as they were given and have progressed through initiation and am now working on destroying Undead Armies, as assigned by the priestess.
Six "Hunt down Undead nnnn" are completed, "Hunt down Shadow Knights" completed, "Return kidnapped girl" completed, although not listed among completed.

And did you visit Portal trainer after initiation?
Yes - just visited again to make sure, an she does not have anything new to tell me.

Any way what level of strength and agility do you use for killing them ( Darkness troops )
My current strength is 25, with +8 bonus in ironflesh and powerstrike
My agility is 12, with +4 bonus for agility and riding.
Fighting the Darkness is quite difficult, but I enjoy the challenge - Mount & Blade opponents are often far too easy.
Against Darkness I totally depend on my Shadow war horse, and have several times visited Suelita to get it fixed. Here is a little oddity: If I ride the horse, Suelita cannot see it - it has to be inactive in the inventory.

Did you find the way to the castles through the portal?
Don't think so - I am not sure what you are asking.

Back to more fighting, now that I know there is an end to the Undead Armies fights.  :D

Offline Cartread

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2007, 10:54:59 am »
I actually tried making it fully editable, but it was disastrous--they looked very goofy :lol:

I think I can make just a few more simple things editable though.  Like bigger chin or nose, but nothing intricate like "eye shape."
Have any suggestions for what should be changed in particular (like bigger forehead, chin, nose)?

Offline norup

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2007, 04:11:24 pm »
So you didn't use fast upgrading possibility from kidnapped girl?
No, I did not know about that.
I read very little about the mod before playing, so apparently I have missed several features. Anyway, with more upgrades I would probably have enjoyed the game less.

Or you can try this:
Leave nema in Abbey. Then go to Four ways inn and visit Holy Ground. Take a door to Abbey and talk with nema. Ask her if you can leave some troops with her. I know that in that case you can leave some troops in Four ways inn party. I think that you will see some troops, maybe also Bonnie and Margo, but I don't know if you can take them with you. But you can try.
That did not seem to work. I only saw sword sisters, and could not take them.
But nevermind.

In astral portal there are many passages to other guardians places. You can check how it is. You will also find there some dungeons.
Found the dungeons, and a gate labeled "Guardians Castle" - but using that, I got to what looked like Galadriel's place.

Did you upgrade your dark blade?
No - did not know about upgrade. I only used it sparingly and stayed behind with the sniper rifle. Now I use the staff of light.

Did you find chests in the castles?
These are where I remember to have found chests:
Salt Mine
Guardians Abbey
Guardians Castle
Suelita's place
Dionisa's place

What about kidnapped girl chest?
Did not find it.

Neither.

Did you take some drinks in Four ways inn tavern?
Not until now. Nice feature.

Are you missing something in the game?
Any suggestion?

There should be more visual diference between "good" and "bad". To have Darkness fight against Darkness with the only difference being labels floating above them is a bit dull.

I find it strange that rescued prisoners that do not join the party disappear from the game.

Things like Star Wars weapons fit poorly in, and maybe could be replaced by something magic-like? Missile wands?

During a desperate fight I found something strange with the number of people ready for fighting. Later, I reproduced a similar fight. The intro screen reported our party had 8 ready for fighting and the enemy 19. But then the fight started, only two (me plus one) showed up, but of course all 19 Darkness of the enemy. Ouch.
Something seems to be wrong here - maybe some heroes are always counted ready?

Offline norup

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2007, 11:23:39 am »
I saw that you made nice progress thought the game, and you are almost at the end. 8) There is something more from priestess after armies. Will you tell me what happens if you take last challenge?
The armies quest can not be finished, I think. I have destroyed at least twelve now, and the last couple of times Priestess Aasiayah gives no reward and says nothing, and the quest is still at 0%.

Suggestion:
Could the hidden places on the map be shown permanently after they have been found?

Offline Cartread

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2007, 02:07:15 pm »
All right, I redid the editing without certain ones and it works okay.  Randomly generated faces are weird half the time, but if you edit them yourself they should be fine.  sent it by email.

Offline Cartread

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2007, 08:49:00 am »
All right, I redid the editing without certain ones and it works okay.  Randomly generated faces are weird half the time, but if you edit them yourself they should be fine.  sent it by email.

Thanks for your time. I import new one. I think that it is much better now. :) It is true that I don't understand what program do with skins now, but it is not so important. I will check possibilities and find what are the best solutions. Randomly faces are weired at least half the time also in native. ???

Are you planning to have these faces as a new troop type (like male,female,undead) or are you replacing the female head?
If you need to know how to create a new type (in module_skins), I could write a tutorial on it--it is not too difficult.

You are skiled with this things. Do you think that it is possible to wear on the faces (heads) masks (as my avatar) or some jewelry. Maybe not as helmets because they erase hair, it is not so nice. But if we try to use them as beards, maybe we can get some limited number of masks or jewelry? (already owned by character) Or maybe we need to add hairs to masks and use them as helmets? Or is it too complicated?

That is a good idea!  I will try it and see how it works.