1 (2.4%)
4 (9.8%)
1 (2.4%)
over 400
7 (17.1%)
I will setup my own value
12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: What we ware talking about before this subforum  (Read 63178 times)

juderiverman

Re: Guardians party
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
no bandits, no outlaws, i can't imagine who attacked Marnid and Borcha and later captured and sold Borcha. I don't like the idea of selling prisoners by the shadow knights, who probably should kill the prisoners and transform them into undeads, rather than selling for denars.

all other issues are o.k. and need small modification. Borcha indeed is a horse thief, she stole a horse so that she might reach Zendar to meet her daughter in time. that means in her back pack there should be only one horse, better a good one, a precious one, for example, a spirited charger. and Borcha is indeed drunk because she had no access to food (no one treats slaves well.) and just grab a chance to steal some wine, which could serve as a substitute for food. but she is not aware of how much she could drink before getting drunk.

juderiverman

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 09:50:52 AM »
I will try the Lubu weapon by replacing it with Guardian Executer

itm_guardian_executer Guardian_Executer Guardian_Executer 1  executer 0  543162372 9223635924301119728 4150 2580 10.000000 100 0 0 0 30 51200 100 0 150 0 532 50
-51.000000  1 1 218103853 0 0

The Lubu weapon is interesting, powerful and very slow. The idea for slow swinging is great, especially in a faster horse game.

PS?why the weapon is upside down when placing in the back?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:37:50 PM by juderiverman »

juderiverman

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 11:15:42 AM »
The game is with a subtitle "dreams of the belly dancer", and it is originally only female character allowed.

Now it allows male character and male guardians (brothers), probably something could be added so that the feminine characteristic of this game could be conserved.

A thought:

Vageir occupies seven cities/castles, Swadian also occupies seven cities/castles, after reclaiming the six newly increased castles, Prietess of Zendar also occupies seven cities/castles. Zendar is strong enough to try conquer the whole land, rather than keep neutralism.

two different settings:

1) Zendar claims war on both Vageir and Swadian. even with the help of the new "brothers", Zendar wins, women rule.

2) Zendar claims war on one party, e.g. Vageir, allying with the other. after defeating Vageir, there are one men party (Swadian) and one women party (Zendar). Kind of equality.

if in this set up (war on Vageir only), better makes Vageir Knights upgrade to evil force, such as shadow knights, rather than guardian brothers. while Swadian knights will still upgrade to guardian brothers.

you even can make two entrances for these two different settings if you wish. for example, choosing to be a female implies you want to war on both parties, while choosing to be a male implies you want to war on only Vageir.

off-topic: Do people prefer to be ruled by women or by undead if there is no option for men rule?

juderiverman

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »
It is possible to turn it, but it can be that it will be very high. So do you like RCM concept

I didn't try RCM, that is, my version of Guardians Party is still 1.0.2.

juderiverman

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
a good small feature in your MOD is that the player can actually dress someone. I notice that I can dress the merchant in Zendar, which is what I am wasting my time now. is there any one else that i can dress?

She is a trader and she wear better armors and weapons if you sell her, I think. I notice this.  But do you select what exactly she will dress. I must check.
There are many things in that mod also hiden from me. Nice supprice

and talking about the merchant, I remember at the first day in the game many newly increased items can be purchased from the Zendar merchant and armorer and weaponsmith, such as new horses, force bubble (shield),  where may I purchase the new items?

At first few meeting they also sell their own equipment. But after recalculating, there are left just native ones.

according to your description, i guess i probably find the reason why i can dress the trader. I bought out the trader's armor at the first time shopping because that shirt costs 0 denar and at that time i don't know recruiting Nema will provide me a huge fortune. in my pockect i had only 0 denar then and tried to buy a horse by getting the free practice lance from Lilith and selling them to the trader, each 6 denar. ... ... It means if I buy out the Zendar armorer and the Zendar weaponsmith's equiment at the first several encounter i probably could also dress them. I wish I did it.

another small question: can the player heal the lame horse back to normal if the player has invested skill points in Wound Treatment? In Native, the player can heal. but in BOW the player can't. Or maybe the kidnapped girl can heal?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:16:01 PM by juderiverman »

Offline nema

• ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 01:43:22 AM »
according to your description, i guess i probably find the reason why i can dress the trader. I bought out the trader's armor at the first time shopping because that shirt costs 0 denar and at that time i don't know recruiting Nema will provide me a huge fortune. in my pockect i had only 0 denar then and tried to buy a horse by getting the free practice lance from Lilith and selling them to the trader, each 6 denar. ... ... It means if I buy out the Zendar armorer and the Zendar weaponsmith's equiment at the first several encounter i probably could also dress them. I wish I did it.

I believe that Durrdana's dressing behavior is an lucky bug. I didn't planed it. I think, that because she is in Inn and not in town. If you maybe check behavior of Dionisia at her shop. If you ask her to show some staff from her package and you leave some expensive dress there you will succeed, but I made her dress so expensive that it will be hard job.
Khmm. After my try with Dionisia, I must say that it is very interesting experience. I will not say about her gift and how I got it. Let it be hidden in silverkatans code.
But if you want to dress Durrdana, simply remove her dress from her to your inventory and give her desired dress. It works.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:37:07 AM by nema »

juderiverman

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 09:34:37 AM »
Story lines for Borcha

Borcha: Hello, outlander. what drives you to such a filthy prison? are you looking for someone?
Player: Outlander? what makes you judge me as an outlander?
B: you are an outlander. i am a talented tracker. i can tell.
P: how come a talented tracker ends up in prison?
B: i am not punished for my tracking skills. the arrogant Count here thinks my life worths less than 200 denars, if you ever need a tracker, maybe you want to buy me out of the prison. you will find what a bargain it is in no time.
P: hmm...interesting. you are pretty convicing. what is your name, by the way?
B: my name is Bonnie, my friends also call me Bocha.
P: Borcha? what an interesting name for a women. actually i am looking for a female Bocha. a young lady in Zendar asked me to look for her mother Borcha. unfortunately that good-looking young lady wasn't that good in financial situation. she didn't afford me any denar for this quest.
B: Oh, my dear daughter. thanks God she is safe. em... ... probably i can pay you off if you can bring me to my daughter. i was captured by Dark Hunters several days ago and kept as slave. i am a good tracker with full ears. in nights i heard they were talking about some hidden treasure. i can share the information with you and help you find the treasure if you bring me to Zendar, which will cost you a tiny amount if you know how to bargain with the Count.
P: hmm... i will think about it.

the Count's dialog is not very necessary to be modified.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:39:27 AM by juderiverman »

juderiverman

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »
I didn't try RCM, that is, my version of Guardians Party is still 1.0.2.

I understand that you don't like to cancel your progress. But, if you will download 1.0.3. and then replace item_kinds1.txt in your copy, you will get 1.0.2. with RCM.

that is wonderful. i might try it later.

juderiverman

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »
I inserted Ymira and Mahliquas dialogs. But as I said I also need Basheeras and Count Miras dialogs. It will be nice, if it is possible, that we first finish with these dialogs, before we start with another idea. O.K.?

now i think the new idea is probably too much. better try to polish the already-have as you suggest. forget about the new idea. throw it out. delete it. ^_^

i may help look through the wording of all new dialog if no other one volunteers. but be aware that i am neither a native speaker, which means it may be worse than before.

PS: finally i guessed out where the total 13 hidden chests would be. three as in the Native, one in Zendar (not hidden), two as one in four way inn, one in salt mine, and six in six castles (one for each). what about the one in abbey, is abbey counted as one castle? just a guess. already find 7 out of 13.

juderiverman

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »

I believe that Durrdana's dressing behavior is an lucky bug. I didn't planed it. I think, that because she is in Inn and not in town. If you maybe check behavior of Dionisia at her shop. If you ask her to show some staff from her package and you leave some expensive dress there you will succeed, but I made her dress so expensive that it will be hard job.
Khmm. After my try with Dionisia, I must say that it is very interesting experience. I will not say about her gift and how I got it. Let it be hidden in silverkatans code.
But if you want to dress Durrdana, simply remove her dress from her to your inventory and give her desired dress. It works.

Hail for the lucky bug.

by the way, now at the end of a victory, there is no hail from the new troops. only action, no sound. the NPCs don't hail, either.

and the new enemies (shadow knights, undead walkers, undead horsemen, etc) are "quieter" too. when they are killed, only very few will "scream"... ... it lessens the "joy" from killing. ^_^

juderiverman

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 10:04:22 AM »
Tree_chests_for_the_commoners.Six_for_the_castles.__One_for_the_mines,__And_one_for_the_abbey.__And_two_as_one_for_the_lake,__And_it_cover_them_all.
should it be "Three chests", rather than "tree chests"? or other explanation?

Which is your native language?
I am a Chinese. That is why I recommend the Lu Bu weapon.

Did you decided about mother and daughter name yet?
mother's name, as in the dialog, is Bonnie.
daughter's name could be Margo. Hail for the Queen.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 10:13:49 AM by juderiverman »

juderiverman

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 10:54:29 AM »
on the horse healing issue, i have to admit that it is not "my" great idea. the horse can be healed in Native, prossibly a lucky bug.

in Native if the player has invested any skill point in wound treatment, and the lame horse is placed in the backpack, several days later (three days at most) the horse will be healed. the healed horse is just back to normal, it cann't keep any prefix, such as spirited, heavy, stubborn or else.

that is, if GP preserves this lucky bug of Native, you (Nema) might be able to find a shortcut for horse healing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 01:08:44 AM by juderiverman »

juderiverman

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »
a bug report: shortcut for some free shadow knights or guardians...

I just conquered Lady Galadriel's castle and triggered a possible bug. right after the victory, the player is facing options:
1, inspect the castle;
2, station some force;
3, rest;
4, leave.

if the player choose 2-station, station some guardians, then "tab" back to the four options, choose 1-inspect, you will find some guardians in the castle. approach the guardians and talk to them. you will find the option for "keep them as prisoners".... the guardians will become prisoners, whom you may recruit later, while the number of guardians been stationed in the castle doesn't change. those captured guardians are actually duplicated. "tab" again and choose 1-inspect again, you can capture those guardians as prisoners again. the number of those free guardians are only limited by your prisoner management skill.

once you tab back to those four options and choose 4-leave, the trick will no longer work. then when approaching the guardians stationing in the castle, they will only salute you and tell you everything is o.k....

if you choose to station some shadow kngihts instead, you may get some free shadow knights.

the possible trick is right after the victory (and before you leave to the world map), you are still considered as a hostile force, which enables you to capture the stationing force as prisoners. and the stationing force would not change even when some of them are captured as prisoners.

on the Lu Bu weapon issue, i changed the Guardian Executer to Lu Bu Halbert because i didn't recruit Lady Galadriel then (no access to Sword of Westernesse as you suggested). it turns out that some guardian soldiers are equipped with Guardian Executer, which is changed to Lu Bu Halbert. And i also modified the speed of Lu Bu Halbert from 40 to 140. speed 40 is too too slow. then in the battle i found the guardian soldiers were more useful. they are no longer always the victims for the shadow knights, which makes me more willing to carry them into the fight..................conclusion? maybe you could make the guardian soldiers a bit stronger in the equipment so that they can compete with the shadow knights.

Apollon-04

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »
This is a suggestion, no offense to you nema, but since your english isnt very good, I think you should have someone help you with the dialogues. Im not volunteering, since im now making my own mod, but the dialogues are very hard for me to understand with your grammar.

aGorilla

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 06:53:07 PM »
But as I said, we are not native speakers and especially I am far away from english.
Is there any native speaker who can help, to as? Players will be grateful, and so do I.

I can try.  We should probably do most of it via pm (or better yet, Skype).  Once we have something close to finished, then we could post it for others to review.
Should warn you, I haven't tried the mod yet (but I will).  The current text would probably drive me nuts though ;)  No insult intended, your english is far better than my... well, whatever language you speak.  What language is that btw?