login

Author Topic: HW soundpack  (Read 3350 times)

Leggeron

HW soundpack
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:12:49 AM »
Since this isnt going anywhere, is it possible to release the soundpack as a standalone mod or mod resource, or preferably in form in which complete idiots (like me) may use it in native and other mods?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: HW soundpack
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 02:37:14 AM »
The sounds to which you refer were, as far as I know, "borrowed" from the Total War series games.  And not exactly with their blessing, if you get my drift.  I suppose you could borrow them yourself, the same way.

However, note that the format on sounds has changed somewhat since the last distributed version of HW ... Native added a lot of sounds, and the subsequent code that inserts said sounds into the game.  So it would be a major code rework to build such a sound pack ... not something people will just be lining up to volunteer for.

Leggeron

Re: HW soundpack
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:55:56 AM »
I see.  I was asking because the HW soundpack was alledgedly featured in the Brutality mod with Raz's permission and is by far the best soundpack for M&B I have heard.  It would have been good if could be released as a standalone pack.  Pitty it wont happen either.
Thanks for answering Ron.