Author Topic: Craftmod Crafting Guide & Stats list: Version 1.00 Released  (Read 26035 times)

Crom

Craftmod Crafting Guide & Stats list: Version 1.00 Released
« on: January 24, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
Here is the first and most complete guide to Craftmod there is:

Craftmod Crafting Guide & Stats list v1.00

If you spot any errors or other things that need correction, please post on this thread.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:10:20 AM by Winter »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Craftmod Guide and Stats list
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
I'm new to the board, but I thought I'd announce the fact that I'm starting work on a guide for Craftmod.  I'm trying to include full explanations on all the options you have when crafting and trying to make an expansive list of the things you produce with materials required and the stats, including sale price, listed.  The only problem I'm having is figuring out the where and how of tailoring.  I've as yet to understand just what's needed for that discipline.
If anyone could enlighten me, I'd be most grateful.

-Crom

I'd be happy to give you access to the source if it'll help.

Tailoring can only be done in camp currently. It requires a spinning wheel and wool, furs, linen or velvet -- usually a combination of these.

Solutionally,
Winter

Crom

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:28:46 PM »
Many thanks.  The source could be helpful if I can muddle my way through it.  I confess a decided lack of any coding skills, so I think the source would be used as last resource, but I'll take any help I can get. 

I just wanted to double check something with if I could.  From what I've seen, the type of wood used in the Fletching discipline only seems to affect the bows.  Melee weapons and shields don't seem to be affected by the different woods at all.

-Crom

P.S. Not knowing what form or size the Source is, I'll leave it up to you to suggest the best method for transfer and viewing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:49:31 PM by Crom »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:34:14 AM »
Many thanks.  The source could be helpful if I can muddle my way through it.  I confess a decided lack of any coding skills, so I think the source would be used as last resource, but I'll take any help I can get.

Well, it'd certainly help you to get all the stats straight. I don't see how you could figure out all the difficulty modifiers without it.

I just wanted to double check something with if I could.  From what I've seen, the type of wood used in the Fletching discipline only seems to affect the bows.  Melee weapons and shields don't seem to be affected by the different woods at all.

That's correct. I rigged it up that way because I didn't have different-material graphics for anything but bows, and it seemed silly to me to require shields and other items to be made of 'wood', which would result in the crafting system telling you that you can't make a shield or wooden pole out of ash or oak.

P.S. Not knowing what form or size the Source is, I'll leave it up to you to suggest the best method for transfer and viewing.

It's downloadable at the Mount&Blade File Repository. I'll PM you the password required to access the encrypted zip file.

Conversely,
Winter

Crom

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 06:44:10 AM »

That's correct. I rigged it up that way because I didn't have different-material graphics for anything but bows, and it seemed silly to me to require shields and other items to be made of 'wood', which would result in the crafting system telling you that you can't make a shield or wooden pole out of ash or oak.
That is what happens with the first four crossbows however.  You can only create them with plain wood.  I haven't been able to make one with Ash, Oak or Yew.

It's downloadable at the Mount&Blade File Repository. I'll PM you the password required to access the encrypted zip file.

Conversely,
Winter

Many thanks.  I envision many long hours at this, but for the moment it's thoroughly enjoyable.  Hopefully it'll stay that way until I'm done.

-Crom

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »
That is what happens with the first four crossbows however.  You can only create them with plain wood.  I haven't been able to make one with Ash, Oak or Yew.

That's because those are Native ones, not ones made for Craftmod.

People are really making me want to remove those damned things.

Contiguously,
Winter

Crom

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 10:35:08 AM »
That's because those are Native ones, not ones made for Craftmod.

People are really making me want to remove those damned things.

No need to do so.  I think it adds a little something to the mod as a whole to find restrictions like that.  To me, a mod is more interesting if it alters boundaries rather than removing them.  WHen the boundaries are changed like that it adds a whole new dimension of exploration.

-Crom

louisfan

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:03:51 PM »
Can't wait for the guide for Craftmod. 

I tried to produce a musket like this one,
but problem of materials puzzled me.  I even couldn't know how to start with this process.

Most grateful for any instruction.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 02:16:05 PM by louisfan »

Crom

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 05:41:12 PM »
To create a musket you need to craft both a musket barrel and a matchlock at the blacksmith and then craft a musket stock at the fletcher.  The Barrel and Matchlock each take 3 units of Steel and the Stock takes 3 units of any kind of wood.  To get the Steel you either need to buy it or mine 2 iron ores and 4 coals which can then be Smelted at the Blacksmiths into 2 Steel bars.  Take the 2 bars to the table in the back of the Smith's shop and you can craft the parts.  Take one log of wood to the Fletchers and make the stock.  Then it can be assembled at  either place.  You'll also want Musket balls for ammo or you'll only have one shot per battle.  The ammo takes 2 units of Iron, bought or Smelted from 1 Iron ore and 1 Coal.  Craft at the Blacksmith's.

The Guide is being written right now.  I lack only the specifics of Horse rearing and getting batches to work.  Once I've got the info on that, I'll be ready to finish the guide.

-Crom

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »
To create a musket you need to craft both a musket barrel and a matchlock at the blacksmith and then craft a musket stock at the fletcher.  The Barrel and Matchlock each take 3 units of Steel and the Stock takes 3 units of any kind of wood.  To get the Steel you either need to buy it or mine 2 iron ores and 4 coals which can then be Smelted at the Blacksmiths into 2 Steel bars.  Take the 2 bars to the table in the back of the Smith's shop and you can craft the parts.  Take one log of wood to the Fletchers and make the stock.  Then it can be assembled at  either place.  You'll also want Musket balls for ammo or you'll only have one shot per battle.  The ammo takes 2 units of Iron, bought or Smelted from 1 Iron ore and 1 Coal.  Craft at the Blacksmith's.

Musket balls themselves are not ammo. You have to buy black powder from the blacksmith and combine it with musket balls in order to create cartridges.

The Guide is being written right now.  I lack only the specifics of Horse rearing and getting batches to work.  Once I've got the info on that, I'll be ready to finish the guide.

Batches aren't working properly in v1.4. But I've got to recode the whole batchcrafting system for v1.5 anyway, so that'll certainly be fixed next version.

Horse rearing difficulties are also a bit mysterious, with several modifiers being called in the crafting and the time trial. I'll be happy and impressed if you can puzzle out the exact figures.

Incarceratedly,
Winter

Crom

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »
I was just coming back to correct myself about the need for cartridges, but you beat me to it.  By the way, doing ride bys with a matchlock musket is a blast!   
I'm glad to have definite word on batches.  I had planned on exhausting every idea I had before I cried "I don't get it!"  Now I don't have to spend time on that and can concentrate on horse rearing instead.
I'll do my best with with the horse rearing modifiers.  I'm not a math dork for nothing.

-Crom

louisfan

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 12:19:47 AM »
 :D  Thanks Crom and Winter a billion. That's the most needed.

And I'm looking forward to the coming Guide and the Craftmod v1.5 so much!

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
Re: Craftmod Crafting Guide & Stats list: Version 1.00 Released
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 10:11:30 AM »
First version of the guide is up!

Happily,
Winter

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »
Whoa, great guide!

Rusty weapons gain +1 speed? How does that figure?  :-\

Crom

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 03:44:26 PM »
I think that might be an anomaly with certain weapons and not part of the actual modifier.

-Crom

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 03:59:15 PM »
So it's an error and you'll fix it?

Crom

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 06:29:39 PM »
I'm afraid updates to the guide are on hold for several weeks.  I just too,k a job doing house plans for a major renovation.  Between that and full time school, I'm going to have an overly full plate as it is.  That's why parts of the guide are half finished.  I just wanted everyone to have access to what I've got so far. 

As to the question of the modifiers for the Rusty quality, I'm going to need to research some before I can say one way or the other on that one.  Anyone that wants to do that on their own can do so and I'll put it in the next revision with credit. 

Things in the guide that need more research:

1. Buy vs. Sell prices.  I thought this went on a straight game-wide formula, but further observations lead me to think that certain item types have different buy vs sell ratios.

2. Horse Rearing.  It was the last part of the guide I was working on and I didn't get anywhere near finished with it.  That could be a guide in and of itself if someone wanted to go for it.

That's all I can think of right now.  If no one has answers for this when I get back, I'll work some more and do an update.

-Crom

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
Well for what it's worth I somehow came to the conclusion that the formula for buying stuff is:

price = ( 2.2 - 0.08xTrade ) * base

I think my methodology was, I had items of various prices and then boosted my own trade skill to see how it affected the price. Can't remember though to it might not be terribly accurate.

Also I didn't try to check the sell prices.

Redwall

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »
Hey Crom, I've been formatting your guide, re-alligning the stats and fixing this and that. I'll send it to you if you want to add horse training too.

imercan

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
 ? lost 25 lvl char. because : when try open inventory (any methot) game go down.. prb: bronze... finaly : cant play.

Please help me. ? dleted that save and starting new game.

Thanks.

louisfan

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »
 :D

Thanks Crom. What a great job!