login

Author Topic: Merging mods?  (Read 2774 times)

Lamias

Merging mods?
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:12:26 pm »
Hey guys i want to ask a question.. Lets say that i download the sword of Damocles and the Guardians party mod.. Is there any way to play the Sword of Damocles, and to be able to use some items from Guardians party? What i mean is, can i mess with the files so i can put some items from Guardians Party in Sword of Damocles? i really like the weapons and armors from Guardians party and i 'd love to have them in Sword of Damocles..

Or, is it possible to put some features (from Sword of Damocles e.g.) in Guardians party? To have a chancellor for example, or to be able to make my own kingdom in Guardians party?

i dont know if I m making myself clear, so if any of u guys knows anything, please answer me..  :-\
Sry for bad english

Thnx!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:44:52 am by Lamias »

Offline foxyman

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Merging mods?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:41:39 am »
If the mod makers specified which files they've changed and it happens (really rare I think) that the two mods don't clash on files, you can just put those together.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Merging mods?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:05:21 am »
Anything more complex than mini-mods, you will have to get the module system files for the original ... and then figure out how to program in the things you want.

Of course, most mods don't hand out the module system without a good reason, and if you don't know much about Python programming, such a project might not be the best place to learn.