login

Author Topic: Next version preview  (Read 32345 times)

knowbuddyuno

Re: Next version preview
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 08:46:19 pm »
Wow. AW and Company, you've now got me on tenterhooks, which I always assumed were some sort of torture device. Having just looked them up, I must say I'm somewhat disappointed. By the tenterhooks, I mean. The mod progress looks awesome. Thanks for the preview.

Tolmo

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 07:53:30 am »
Need....more....screenies.....  >:D >:D

Tall Paul

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 11:26:01 am »
Those wargs are fantastic! As is everything else. Huge kudos to everyone involved with the artwork, and I think whoever did those wargs deserves this:

Offline Brutus

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 11:39:43 am »
Thanks Paul.  Can never have too many medals...   :green:

DaBlade

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 01:14:37 pm »
Congrats Brutus, I think that's a well deserved medal :)

Offline Brutus

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 01:55:57 pm »
I'll receive the medal, but the credit must be shared. The overall shape was a concensus I did not originally share.  M&B editor wont accept any rigging I can do.  Im to lazy/ignorant to do the importing.  etc. etc. etc.  It takes a village to raise a warg in TLD fashion.  It is a great dev group. 

Irenicuz

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 03:33:19 am »
comments, comments... :D

i won't be praising your work too much, you know it looks awesome

the warriors of rhun:
-i like how you did the horses, looks realy cool
-the boney theme feels tribal
-i'm not sure about the horsemen on the right seem a bit off (for me at least) because of the fact that most of the other units are in yellowish brown color

the variags of khand:
-maybe the armors like a tiny bit samuraish, helmets are cool (desert nomad style, to protect against sand being blown into the face)
-katapraht helmets are too high
-when i first saw the guy in the corner i thought "hell looks like a iron golem", then the second was "like a mask from the film abot the french king louis who had a twin brother",
 but immidiately after ( and it stayed in my head) came the picture of a man without feelings and compasion. its not an evil looking mask, saying i'm here to cut you to pieces, but one saying don't beg for mercy, cause i have none. Imagine a line of such soldiers, marching in silence towards you, all you hear is the thumping of their feet. Scary.

galadrim royal infatry:
-they look pretty plain compared to the new stuff, they're ok
-about the shields, which at least on person didn't like, you could try doing them in the shape of deltoid (i hope that's an international term), extending the upper part, so it would look more like the lower part (i'm not talking about drastic changes, just a bit )

the gundabad orcs:
-the wargs look so awesome that it can't be put to words. really great job. a hybrid between hyena and a bison. mean, hungry and powerful.
-orc are also awesome. they blend extremely well with the animals and look tough

all in all, really cool preview.
I was playing prophesy of pendor lately and seeing the things they've done, i was beginning to doubt the progress of TLD. It really made me happy to see that i was wrong.

btw, the things i didn't mention in my post look good, but are too numerous to mention. I just mentioned the things i didn't like and things that seemed to need mentioning.

Keep up the good work

Offline Wolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 03:27:34 am »
Looks good, can't wait to play! Even M&B 1.x and the new generation of mods haven't kept me interested anywhere near as long as TLD did back in the day.

Nightrider

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 09:06:17 pm »
Oh wow!  I check this forum now and again to see the progress being made, and I have to say it all looks spectacular, really great job everyone!  There really should be more compliments, but I doubt MBX gets the sort of traffic the main taleworlds forum gets (saying that you may have posted this over there, I haven't really checked that main thread).

I also agree wholeheartedly with Wolf.  I think I played TLD more than any of the other mods put together back then, and that was at a time of stiff competition, alas nothing of the latest modifications has grabbed me as strongly as TLD did back then.

p.s. the new wargs look brilliant! seeing them brought back some bad memories of getting swarmed by the Isengard hordes, man they were hard to hit.

yynderjohn

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 04:29:04 pm »
So amazing!  I'm hoping you have this done for my birthday in August, might take the day off to just play this!

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 08:27:14 pm »
This is a small but very interesting preview, heres what i think:
- The yellow horses at the first screenie give a cartoon feeling.
- The wargs look fiersome, it's going to be awesome to see one passing by showing his teeth, thing is there should be more warg models, even if that one looks incredibly great it's going to lose importance after a couple of times you see them, i think that one should be a more rare model, because it looks so great.

Offline Brutus

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 05:26:58 am »
There are more than one.  But you may have to wait to release to see the rest. ;)

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 05:45:03 pm »
There are more than one.  But you may have to wait to release to see the rest. ;)

Good, also dont make them all showing the teeth.
I noticed a pretty nasty and awesome detail, they have their mouths shut by a flimsy rope.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 03:55:07 am »
I got interviewed by a russian Tolkien fanzine and there's some stuff about TLD as well. ;) But I warn ye, it's quite long:

http://merlkir.deviantart.com/journal/23673283/
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Roka

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 05:55:38 pm »
I got interviewed by a russian Tolkien fanzine and there's some stuff about TLD as well. ;) But I warn ye, it's quite long:

http://merlkir.deviantart.com/journal/23673283/

The way i read this you automatically get a Glaswegian accent.  Could just be my accent mind you....