Author Topic: Next version preview  (Read 26924 times)

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
Next version preview
« on: February 21, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »
It's been awhile so I thought we'd post some screenshots of the next version of TLD.   In the next version we are expanding the war to include the far north and have added another five factions or so to the previous set.   The older factions are getting facelifts but I'm just going to show a few shots for this early preview.

From far beyond the sea of Rhun come the descendants of the ancient Wainriders; The wild men of Rhun.  Comprising a loose confederation of tribal bands, which include the Balchoth and other Easterlings, the men of Rhun have long served the power of Mordor.   Now, after years of preparations, they have been loosed to strike the northern flank of the Free Peoples at a critical hour.  Riding agile horses, hurling javelins, brandishing scimitars and spears  and shouting their odd barbaric battlecries. They bear weapons and armor strange to the west, some fight almost naked. Animal fetishes and great horned helms suggest they worship animal gods and spirits in addition to the cult of Sauron himself. Will the shieldwalls of men and dwarves hold against the black rain of their arrows?

Some of the lothlorien update:

Mount Gundabad orcs:

These are only a selection of units from a selection of the newer factions.  Most of the expansion factions are close to finished but it's still wip and some things will change. I'll show some other factions next time.  Maybe updated stuff from Gondor and Rohan, maybe Dale. The release date is still a few months away (before you ask).  I probably won't answer many questions because I either dont know the answer or don't want to say. :lol:

I'm not doing elaborate credits in a ss thread but credits to the usual TLD suspects and especially our new guy Brutus.  Brutus did all of Rhun, the Khand helms and weapons and the Wargs above.  Lots of great stuff. Dablade and Merlkir did the elf stuff above and Dablade did the variag warhorse.  Dablade and I did the khand armors. Stefano, myself, Triglav and Octoburn did the orc gear above.  Ah, and Octoburn and prof420 did some of the elf helm as well.....I see a Janus sword from way back too. Sorry, I'm OCD when it comes to credits. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:37:34 PM by Ancientwanker »

Duuvian

Re: Next version preview
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:26:22 PM »
Holy cow, someone should be paying you guys. All of these are extremely impressive. Those Variag axes are sweet. M&B continues to be one of the best 15 bucks I've spent; AW and everyone who helped on this mod, thank you for every second of free time you've devoted to it.

Tolmo

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
When i saw this i jizzed in my pants. I can't wait!!  :green: :green:

luishi5000

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »
Thanks for posting that, it's good to see the progress.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
When i saw this i jizzed in my pants. I can't wait!!  :green: :green:

;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
There are TONS of new stuff besides what you see there ;)

Glad you guys like it.

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
Still, its the only piece of visual iformation about the module that we have right now.

I shat bricks...

weren

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »
YEAA!! THATS THE way i like it. Thank you all for even this small preview.

TLD TLD TLD.

Sorry i cannot control myself atm.

Offline Kohlrabi

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »
Damnit, I was kind of doing fine without TLD... now I got the shakes again ;)

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 04:16:54 AM »
Thanks for posting the screenies!

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Roka

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 04:57:35 PM »
i just squeezed sperm out of my eye when i saw this  :o

i'm not sure how i done it, all i know is that my eyelids are now stuck together

luishi5000

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »
I would love to see some Isengard stuff in the next preview.

mx19

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:29:40 AM »
guys from khand looks like samurais cut from other mod...  ??? imo completly not in middle-earth style.
rhun warriors looks cool for me and i think they are ok.  :green:
lothlorien troops should have more evlish look. other swords - more 'aerodynamical' ;) ,the same about shields... they looks like just like dark ages infantry  :D

but great that youve decided to public screenshots! many thx for them!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »
thanks for sharing your design ideas. And no.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:53:29 AM »

guys from khand looks like samurais cut from other mod...   imo completly not in middle-earth style.

We don't take stuff from other mods.

rhun warriors looks cool for me and i think they are ok.

Thank you.

lothlorien troops should have more evlish look. other swords - more 'aerodynamical' ;) ,the same about shields... they looks like just like dark ages infantry  :D

This mod is inspired by Tolkien, not a Peter Jackson mod (in case you're wondering), which means it's based on the books, not on the movies. If you can quote something from Tolkien supporting your statement, please share.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:32:28 AM by DaBlade »