Author Topic: Looking for Mod  (Read 2505 times)

Cicero

Looking for Mod
« on: February 07, 2009, 04:56:42 am »
Hi all

Very new to this game, but I am starting to look for mods to try out.

I have been going over the lists of mods I could find on different sites, but there are some points that I dont manage to find in any of them.

1: Did anyone make a high fantasy mods with magic? Magic weapons, magic creatures and also magic spells?

2: Not having ever done any modding myself, I am wondering how much people are able to change in the mods. I tried the Chronicles of Talera and it seems cool, but it still seems that its only the "surface" of the game that is changed.
Are there any mods where for instance the skills are changed with different effects instead of just the names of them? Or were totally new mechanics are introduced?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:18:38 am »
I'll try to help there:

I'm currently working on setting up a fantasy-theme mod, because aside from TLD (which is clearly Tolkien-theme, and so very specific in what is or is not added), there have not been many serious attempts at fantasy M&B projects in a year or more.  But my project is still seriously pre-alpha, and at current development, could be a year or more before it is even playable ... especially if I get sidetracked working on any of the other mods to which I have commitments.

The biggest single change in the game engine currently going around is my "Realistic Combat Model" (RCM), a complete rescale of weapon stats which is used on a number of the major mods here.  If your taste in changes is toward more intense combat sequences, try any of the RCM mods, starting with Onin-no-Ran.

Other projects to seriously change the game style include Winter's Craftmod project, which adds a bunch of micromanagement of materials in order to build the stuff you need.  "Peasants" tried to add a turn-based town-management aspect.  "Hero&Blade" moved the whole game into an inside dungeon scene.  It rather depends on what you were looking for, exactly ... you might have to look around a bit.

That's just the ones I know about.  Hope that at least puts you on the right track.